2 18.18%
  • Austin "Muscles" Daye

4 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Game 34: Hawks @ Pistons (FRI)

@

Pistons look to win their 4th in a row and 6th game out of 7. Will Will's game thread streak continue?

Last edited by rocket; 01-01-2013 at 10:27 PM.

**** you

vCash
    Pisrons get #4 in a row!

Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

vCash
    I can't believe Will Bynum once graced the cover of a magazine

vCash
    Not getting to overhyped yet but were only 4 games back from Boston and that 8th seed just saying.

vCash
    I so hope stuckey doesn't play just so we can see how much better out team is playing this team again.

vCash
    The one player on the Pistons that has constantly frustrated me is Stuckey. I believe that he slows down the offense with his play, which is jeopardizing the team's success. Stuckey doesn't fit well in the backcourt with Knight, which is hindering his development.

When the Pistons drafted Stuckey in 2007, he was only 21 years old and was being compared to Dwayne Wade. The most exciting part of the draft for fans is to see what type of players their teams drafted and what type of projection they can expect in the years ahead.

Unfortunately, instead of being the best player Rodney Stuckey can be, I think he's trying too hard to be like Dwyane Wade.

Stuckey at 26 years old can no longer be given a pass for his actions. He hasn't developed like the Pistons thought, and he plays like he thinks he's the star while in reality he's an average shooting guard who can get hot sometimes. He forces too many shots instead of looking to pass and sometimes makes bad decisions with the ball.
    Another article dissing on Stuckey
    Proves everything I've been saying

vCash
    ^ Why didn't you post the link? Because its from bleacher report LOL

vCash
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012122...-pistonpowered
    In the 264 minutes Stuckey and Villanueva have played together this season, the Pistons have outscored their opponents by 39 points. No Detroit combination has played more together and posted a better plus-minus, either in sum or per minute.

Defensively, the Pistons perform about the same with those two on the court. The real boost comes offensively, where the results are staggering. According to nba.com/stats:

• Pistons’ points per 100 possessions overall: 99.9 (21st in the NBA).

• Pistons’ points per 100 possessions with Stuckey and Villanueva playing: 110.7 (equivalent of first in the NBA).

It makes sense that these two complement each other so well. They make excellent pick-and-pop partners with Stuckey’s ability to drive to the rim and Villanueva’s ability to stretch the floor. When Villanueva screens for Stuckey, opposing defenses find it difficult stopping both Stuckey’s penetration and Villanueva’s outside shot.

Without Villanueva playing, Stuckey shoots 41% in the paint. With Villanueva playing, Stuckey shoots 53% in the paint. That’s a significant difference, and Villanueva’s ability to draw defenders to the perimeter a big reason for it.

Similarly, Stuckey’s ability to drive means Villanueva shoots better outside the paint with Stuckey on the floor.

vCash
    Hey Gators, whats our record in those 264 minutes that Stuckey and CV played together? lmao why didnt you post that? is it cause it sucks?

Whats our record w/o stuckey? Dont act like our team is better w/ him in there cause you know thats not the case

vCash
    Why don't you post stats w/ bynum and CV on the floor? Anyone can pass to a person in the 3 point line for a shot. But Bynum provides flow to the game and you know it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    Hey Gators, whats our record in those 264 minutes that Stuckey and CV played together? lmao why didnt you post that? is it cause it sucks?

Whats our record w/o stuckey? Dont act like our team is better w/ him in there cause you know thats not the case
    I don't know. the Article doesn't mention it. Either way-

• Pistons’ points per 100 possessions overall: 99.9 (21st in the NBA).

• Pistons’ points per 100 possessions with Stuckey and Villanueva playing: 110.7 (equivalent of first in the NBA).

vCash
    Gators it says 1st in the NBA. What are they basing it off of? How many games is it? Obv CV and stuckey have not played all season together

And what is bynum and CV numbers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    Gators it says 1st in the NBA. What are they basing it off of? How many games is it? Obv CV and stuckey have not played all season together

And what is bynum and CV numbers?
    They're basing it off the minutes they played together. The Pistons offense has been elite when they are on the court together.

I'm not sure how to find those numbers.

vCash
    Stuckey could very well be throwing off the teams chemistry out there.The wins and losses are starting to show something to make a strong argument for that.I guess when he comes back we will have to see how everyone plays out there especially when it comes to closing out games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    They're basing it off the minutes they played together. The Pistons offense has been elite when they are on the court together.

I'm not sure how to find those numbers.
    I know there basing it off of the minutes there playing together, but what are they comparing there stats to?

And you know stuckey has been inconsistent, just look at his fg% ..
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...rodney-stuckey

The only time he shot efficiently last month was against the Wizards when there best players were injured Then when there best players came back he shoots 4-12

You know bynum and Cv have been way better then stuckey and cv

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast