Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which one will happen?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Packers Win

33 89.19%
  • Vikings Lose

4 10.81%
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So apparently, the Bears want to interview Clements...that would piss me off if they got him. Who would we replace him with?
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    So apparently, the Bears want to interview Clements...that would piss me off if they got him. Who would we replace him with?
    Maybe Edgar Bennett or Jerry Fontenot. Promote from the inside.

vCash
    Hoping for a good game this weekend, fellas. Lets all hope we all come out healthy. Go Vikings!

vCash
    worthy is out for the season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram0n man View Post
    Doesn't surprise me it looked pretty bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    Good news for the offense:
    Awesome. Man, I'm so glad the pack are playing Saturday rather than Sunday...I hate to wait! After Sunday night I just want to see how they'll respond.

REC:

TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Before4 View Post
    Awesome. Man, I'm so glad the pack are playing Saturday rather than Sunday...I hate to wait! After Sunday night I just want to see how they'll respond.
    Itīs not clear if Jordy will play. There will be some tests tomorrow. But I hope he will play. Then maybe the offense will have a faster start with all their receivers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram0n man View Post
    Sucks that he and Perry both are out...next year's defense should be even more improved given the players it will be getting back. All things being equal I'd say the D has missed Bishop more than the rest.

REC:

TDs:

vCash
    I have a guy at work that thinks the Vikings are gonna beat us pretty bad. I told him look at last weeks score with everything going their way and we really only played a good halfand they only won by 3 pts. Ponder won't play that same way outside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duncky1188 View Post
    I have a guy at work that thinks the Vikings are gonna beat us pretty bad. I told him look at last weeks score with everything going their way and we really only played a good halfand they only won by 3 pts. Ponder won't play that same way outside.
    Place a bet with him. If he is so confident, he'll bet straight up/no pts. By the way, 7 1/2 pts, that is high in my opinion.

vCash
    Not going to lie here but I am scared of this game!!! The Vikes are playing like we did when we won the superbowl. We can't stop AP and our d-backs looked like high school players on Sunday. Defense better step up.

vCash
    Whenever you can run the ball the way the Vikings can that team has a chance. Adrian Peterson has the ability to take over games, and its obvious what the Packers need to focus on.

Contain Peterson and the Packers win... easier said than done, but if any team could do that its the Packers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullets View Post
    Place a bet with him. If he is so confident, he'll bet straight up/no pts. By the way, 7 1/2 pts, that is high in my opinion.
    The only problem with that is a lose almost any bets I make. I could bet you the sun will come up tomorrow and I will lose. Lol

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Great illustration of everyone's gripe about Capers. Hopefully he finds the right groove on Saturday night.

Vikings-Packers III: Blitzing Ponder

By Kevin Seifert | Jan 2, 2013 5:00 PM
    Christian Ponder played the worst game of his career in a Week 13 loss to the Green Bay Packers. His Total Quarterback Rating (QBR) was 3.1 on a scale of 0-100.

Packers Pct. of Dropbacks Sending
    5+ Pass-Rushers
    By down vs. the Vikings this season.

WEEK 13 WEEK 17
    1st 30.0 44.4
    2nd 75.0 70.0
    3rd 75.0 25.0
    Source: ESPN Stats & Information Four weeks later, Ponder played arguably his best game in the Minnesota Vikings' 37-34 victory over the Packers. His QBR was 94.6.

So what happened? Other than the vagaries of pro sports, how do we explain the difference in Ponder's performances?

Ponder surely deserves credit for getting himself under control after the Lambeau Field disaster. Sunday was the culmination of a four-week trend that had him playing as well as any quarterback in the NFL, based on QBR analysis. But what role, if any, did the Packers play in Ponder's success -- particularly as a passer -- in last Sunday's game?

I asked John McTigue of ESPN Stats & Information to help answer that question. The charts in this post contain some of what he came up with.

In short: Defensive coordinator Dom Capers heavily blitzed Ponder in Week 13 but pulled back, especially on third downs, last Sunday. Ponder smoked the Packers on third down in the re-match, and you wonder if Capers will head back in the other direction during Saturday night's wild-card playoff game.

Christian Ponder on 3rd Down
    This season vs. the Packers.

WEEK 13 WEEK 17
    Comp-Att 2-7 8-11
    1st downs 2 6
    Yds per att 4.0 7.9
    Total QBR 5.5 98.6
    Source: ESPN Stats & Information The Packers blitzed Ponder on 60 percent of his dropbacks in the teams' first game, tied for the highest blitz percentage he faced this season. As the first chart shows, that figure increased to 75 percent on second and third downs. In the second game, the Packers' total blitz percentage dropped to 44 percent -- including 25 percent on third down.

The second chart shows Ponder was terrible on third down in the blitz-heavy first game and stellar when he mostly faced the Packers' standard rush in the second. Ponder had been steadily improving entering that Week 17 game, but you could argue the Packers made his job easier than it would have been if they had maintained their Week 13 approach.

We should make clear that game-planning and strategy is not this simple. The answer isn't necessarily to blitz Ponder more often on third down Saturday night. As outsiders, we're in a much better position to identify and discuss what happened than what should happen. But you now know what Capers understood on the short flight back to Green Bay last Sunday: That Ponder was near-perfect on the game's most important plays, and the circumstances surrounding that success were much different than those that contributed to his near-total failure just four weeks ago.

What Capers decides to do with that information is why people will buy tickets and watch Saturday night's game. The return of defensive back Charles Woodson brings back an important asset in Capers' bag of tricks. I'll be as interested as you to see his response.
    Tags:Minnesota VikingsGreen Bay PackersDom CapersCharles WoodsonChristian PonderRoad to the SuperdomeVikings-Packers III
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    I'll say two things about the blitzing. First, last week the blitzes weren't getting there. To me if they aren't getting there why bring them? Second, our secondary didn't show up. So blitzes are pretty much useless at that point. Tramon needs to play better.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast