Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 90
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,501
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    there aren't many players in this league that EVERY team in the league would make a roster spot for. Bargnani is definitely not one of them. some of them absolutely would but to say all of them, that's crazy.
    lol you dont think every team wouldn't jump on the chance to sign Bargnani at 2 million? there are guys that sit on the bench that make 5x that much

    every single team would take Bargnani, a guy who is inconsistent but can make it pour points on a given day for just a meager 2 million. it would be crazy not to take him. even people here who wouldnt want him, wouldn't mind resigning bargnani for 2 million because 10 mins off the bench for a guy who gets paid 2 million is tolerable

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,045
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    lol you dont think every team wouldn't jump on the chance to sign Bargnani at 2 million? there are guys that sit on the bench that make 5x that much

    every single team would take Bargnani, a guy who is inconsistent but can make it pour points on a given day for just a meager 2 million. it would be crazy not to take him. even people here who wouldnt want him, wouldn't mind resigning bargnani for 2 million because 10 mins off the bench for a guy who gets paid 2 million is tolerable
    ya sorry i don't see it. we've seen how difficult it is here to put him in the proper position to be successful. he requires special roster considerations to compensate for his weaknesses and more or less needs to be spoon fed on offense. teams that have players in place to help him be successful would bid, teams that don't probably wouldn't. they've seen the struggle it's been for us.

    please don't misunderstand! he absolutely would have suitors if he was amnestied. but it's not as simple a matter as saying he's more talented than the 15th man on every team. of course he is.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 01-02-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,278
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    I see where you're going with this, but didn't the team's, bench play, 4th Q execution, defense and rotations all seem to get magically better once Bargnani went down? The guy's play and attitude looked cancerous to our roster, I think it's about as clear as day. It's one thing to point the finger at guys like Lowry and Derozan for hogging the ball, but when AB's shooting like 3-19 and still refusing to move the rock I'd say some more blame falls on his shoulders. And, unless there was more we don't understand, I'd say Casey should have taken blame for giving him the leash that he did.
    So why is it just this year then? Last year we were way better with Bargnani then not. I'm not saying Bargnani isn't partially to blame but the whole winning streak has a lot more to do with an easy schedule to get things rolling and the fact Jose knows this team way more than Lowry does. The chemistry with Bargs and Lowery was horrible but there new team mates and trying to mesh with one of the hardest schedules in the league is hard add on all the demoralizing loses, the whole team was not doing **** it wasn't just Bargnani. I do think Barg's off the bench with Jose and Amir would be very good and Davis and Jonas together as the starters.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cowgary
    Posts
    2,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    So why is it just this year then? Last year we were way better with Bargnani then not. I'm not saying Bargnani isn't partially to blame but the whole winning streak has a lot more to do with an easy schedule to get things rolling and the fact Jose knows this team way more than Lowry does. The chemistry with Bargs and Lowery was horrible but there new team mates and trying to mesh with one of the hardest schedules in the league is hard add on all the demoralizing loses, the whole team was not doing **** it wasn't just Bargnani. I do think Barg's off the bench with Jose and Amir would be very good and Davis and Jonas together as the starters.
    Worth a shot, his stock has nowhere to go but up.
    But for real, even when he was playing out of his mind last year he still was only moderately efficient at scoring and TOLERABLE as a defender, while rebounding at a bottom-feeding rate....and we played like .500-ish ball with him doing it. I'm all for bringing him off the bench because he'll get a chance every game to come out and hit shots or he's sitting back down. He may as well be like a PF-Barbosa


    "Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cowgary
    Posts
    2,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    lol you dont think every team wouldn't jump on the chance to sign Bargnani at 2 million? there are guys that sit on the bench that make 5x that much

    every single team would take Bargnani, a guy who is inconsistent but can make it pour points on a given day for just a meager 2 million. it would be crazy not to take him. even people here who wouldnt want him, wouldn't mind resigning bargnani for 2 million because 10 mins off the bench for a guy who gets paid 2 million is tolerable
    Exactly, and it's not even just ten minutes, it's more like 0 minutes, 0 minutes..... 19 minutes 16 points on 4-5 shooting....... 0 minutes.... On a well-balanced team he could be the guy that can win a few games just by being hot, and at 2 mil there's no problem with him eating up cap space for those performances.


    "Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,501
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    ya sorry i don't see it. we've seen how difficult it is here to put him in the proper position to be successful. he requires special roster considerations to compensate for his weaknesses and more or less needs to be spoon fed on offense. teams that have players in place to help him be successful would bid, teams that don't probably wouldn't. they've seen the struggle it's been for us.

    please don't misunderstand! he absolutely would have suitors if he was amnestied. but it's not as simple a matter as saying he's more talented than the 15th man on every team. of course he is.
    what level of compensation would be needed for a 6th man?

    and 2 million implies near the end of the bench and with that said, what type of opponents would he be facing? other role players, not starters

    he adds depth and 2million for a guy who can knock down 20pts when hot, or just sit on the end of the bench and it wouldn't hurt since its just 2 million, every team would take him

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,045
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    what level of compensation would be needed for a 6th man?

    and 2 million implies near the end of the bench and with that said, what type of opponents would he be facing? other role players, not starters

    he adds depth and 2million for a guy who can knock down 20pts when hot, or just sit on the end of the bench and it wouldn't hurt since its just 2 million, every team would take him
    the toronto raptors are trying to move him and i think it has little if anything to do with his salary.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 01-02-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    12,312
    vCash
    1500
    I'd rather have Andrea come back and come off the bench like how Lowry is. The team is playing well at a good pace right now. Having Andrea torch some 2nd unit players would be nice.

    People seem to forget, that our d was pretty decent with Andrea last year when we had a bad pg and Amir playing the C. Having Lowry and Amir at the same time with him (along with Ross and AA) should help him on the defensive end.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,651
    vCash
    1500
    Will he really torch 2nd units just because there 2nd units? He still relies a lot on players putting him in position to score.

    Im curious to see how he handles going to the bench. He didnt like it when he was young, I dont think he will respond well to it.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area
    Posts
    2,648
    vCash
    1500
    The article mentions Rip Hamilton and he has always been one of my favourite players in the league...

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area
    Posts
    2,648
    vCash
    1500
    Hamilton would be great on this team, but he's a bit old now. Maybe like 3-4 years ago.

    Anyway, I'd welcome Wilson Chandler. Hell, I thought he was going to sign with us in the off season but it was all just a ploy to test the market.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,010
    vCash
    1500
    All this trade talk is pure nonsense! Get me an article or source that states the man himself "BRYAN COLANGELO" says he is looking at offers then i will believe. Until then,ladies and gentleman and andrea haters you will be once again disappointed.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Katmandu, Nepal
    Posts
    1,848
    vCash
    1500
    do you remember how well pietrus name sounded few weeks before we signed him... now i start to think that mcguire, we let go, was actually better than pietrus...

    bottom line... the grass is always greener on the other side. if you go on other forums and see the opinion of those fans about some of the players mentioned here you will not want them anymore. the only good values we could get back for bargs would be money, expiring contracts, or draft picks. to replace a mediocre player with another mediocre player would not get us anywhere.

    Champs will be champs...

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    50,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by the life View Post
    do you remember how well pietrus name sounded few weeks before we signed him... now i start to think that mcguire, we let go, was actually better than pietrus...

    bottom line... the grass is always greener on the other side. if you go on other forums and see the opinion of those fans about some of the players mentioned here you will not want them anymore. the only good values we could get back for bargs would be money, expiring contracts, or draft picks. to replace a mediocre player with another mediocre player would not get us anywhere.
    Pietrus's name never sounded good to me this year. I think he is pretty much done.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,206
    vCash
    1090
    Wonder how Casey and Colangelo will work it out when Bargnani comes back.

    If they play him, they could mess up the chemistry. If they don't play him, he has no value and you can't trade him.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •