Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Players Raptors are looking at in Bargnani trade

Not sure if this got posted in any other threads but thought it was interesting...thoughts

Andrea Bargnani, Toronto: Bargnani tore some ligaments in his right elbow and has been out of action since Dec. 11. The word is that the injury did not require surgery and that an extensive rehab was all that would be required to get Bargnani back. The problem with that concept is Bargnani isn’t exactly the hardest worker in the league and the expected window of sometime in January seems more like late January or early February.

League sources say it would be almost impossible to move Bargnani and the three years and $32.25 million remaining on his deal until he returns and proves the elbow isn’t going to be a problem.

It is clear that Toronto will explore moving Bargnani once he returns to action, and the hope is that return is sometime in early February so teams can get a good look at Bargnani before the February 21st NBA trade deadline.

The Raptors want to dump the salary associated with Bargnani and are not seeking much in return for Bargs. Sources close to the Raptors say they have several players they would consider taking on – a shopping list of sorts – and most of them are players radically out of Toronto’s reach unless other assets are packed in.

The Raptors have been linked to Lakers big man Pau Gasol, Milwaukee’s Ersan Ilyasova, and Denver’s Wilson Chandler; however, Raptors sources warn taking on a ton of long-term salary is not what they are looking for in a deal unless it’s exactly the right player.
    Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-few...RbwUvVMJA3X.99
    Twitter me PSDers I follow back @Electrro

vCash
    Paul Millsap plz.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    Chandler

vCash
    i would be very happy if we can land Chandler or Ilyasova for Bargs.

vCash
    Chandler is stuck behind a bunch of ppl in Denver, hes averaging like 6ppg a game, he cant be happy. BC and Den GM have a good relationship too. Id love it
    Twitter me PSDers I follow back @Electrro

vCash
    how much did chandler end up signing for?? I forget the contract

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    how much did chandler end up signing for?? I forget the contract
    3 years, $19M left on his deal. 4th year only has $2M guaranteed out of $7M. Masai is a wizard in getting contracts done.

EDIT: Also note Denver has a big TPE from the Nene deal, so they wouldnt need to add any additional players in a Bargs/Chandler swap to make contracts match.
    Last edited by North Yorker; 01-01-2013 at 09:35 PM.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    3 years, $19M left on his deal. 4th year only has $2M guaranteed out of $7M. Masai is a wizard in getting contracts done.

EDIT: Also note Denver has a big TPE from the Nene deal, so they wouldnt need to add any additional players in a Bargs/Chandler swap to make contracts match.
    if chandler can stay healthy I'd be all for that trade ..

vCash
    I say keep bargs and play him off the bench and see if the internal competition helps him. I hate Bargs but this guy can still help off the bench. If he gets a hot streak trade him then if not just play it out for the season. To me that's the safe smart move. Don't forget I a Bargs hater!
    The Big Three!!

vCash
    I feel like he just copied names that were suggested in forums

vCash
    Wilson Chandler is not an extreme upgrade over any of the current talent on the roster. Players always look better from afar.
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

vCash
    I'm not a big fan of any of those guys to be honest... We have a logjam at the SF as it is... I would assume that we'd be sending kleiza to denver at least alongside bargnani if we go that route. Ilyasova has underperformed this year as well. I'm not too inclined to take players who aren't performing too well currently for bargnani.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    Wilson Chandler is not an extreme upgrade over any of the current talent on the roster. Players always look better from afar.
    I'd say he would be a significant upgrade over Pietrus. Wanna see how he plays coming back from injury though.

Quote Originally Posted by CB29 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of any of those guys to be honest... We have a logjam at the SF as it is... I would assume that we'd be sending kleiza to denver at least alongside bargnani if we go that route. Ilyasova has underperformed this year as well. I'm not too inclined to take players who aren't performing too well currently for bargnani.
    Cut Pietrus, or send him in the deal. Problem solved. The 4 main guys in the SG/SF rotation would be DeRozan/Chandler/Ross/AA.

Kleiza and Fields shouldnt be seeing anything but garbage time if this team is serious about competing for a playoff spot.
    Last edited by North Yorker; 01-01-2013 at 10:33 PM.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    I'd say he would be a significant upgrade over Pietrus. Wanna see how he plays coming back from injury though.

Cut Pietrus, or send him in the deal. Problem solved. The 4 main guys in the SG/SF rotation would be DeRozan/Chandler/Ross/AA.

Kleiza and Fields shouldnt be seeing anything but garbage time if this team is serious about competing for a playoff spot.
    Well, I mean I don't mind WC but i just don't know if he's the right fit. We have a good run going right now and i'd like to preserve it though out of those guys I'd be ok with either Ersan or WC though he hasn't been a good 3 pt shooter the 3 which would be exactly what we needed from him apart from the defense.

vCash
    I'm surprised Iguodala isn't on this list.. He hasn't really fit in that well in Denver this year... Wouldn't be surprised if he gets dealt. Denver is a marginal playoff team at this point. I'm sure that they'd like to pair gallo and bargs if they got the chance.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast