Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

This Zone thing is dumb. + Game 32: Dallas @ Wizards

no game thread but just incase anyone wants to post on it I thought I'd add one..

anyway is there any reason why Carlisle is still trying this Zone? It's so ridiculous how poorly it works.. Okay so it has worked on really good teams under some circumstances randomly, but no matter who the Mavs play (Bobcats, Wizards, Raptors, whomever) TEAR IT APART. We give them such an advantage because they dont have to even rely on being good they can just swing the ball around and hit 3s.
    And to have a zone you need some sort of inside presence, and while Kaman rocks on Offense he is TERRIBLE on D and Rebounding.

any upper level coach knows how to beat our zone.
    -Work the ball around till you get a 3 at the top of the key

have you seen every miss shot other teams have? Our zone puts us so out of position to even get a rebound unless Kaman or someone outmuscles the other opponent. Even if it does come to Kaman the opposing center at least gets a hand on it to shoot it out.

We are TERRIBLE at rebounding it's PATHETIC. It's the worse I've ever witnessed personally

vCash
    these announcers absolutely blow they only start talking wen Washington does something.

They dont even mention when Dallas has a awesome highlight or dunk they just keep jabbering on whatever they were talking about.

I swear Brand is short on every jump shot also it's annoying

vCash
    Dirk is looking GOOD on that shot. Forgot about how awesome his shot is when it's on.

Carter is clearly better when he's attacking, should do so more

vCash
    Well at least Dirk is looking good. Glad to have a cupcake in desperate times,
    "Its never gonna be the same....."

GIFSoup

DMF's insight in regards to advance stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Who pays attention to all of that? Those stats mean nothing. They are made up by someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    if bulls win the series ill leave this site forever
    Bulls won the series.

vCash
    half man half amazing? what the heck 3rd prime dunk
    Vince is young

vCash
    Wizards or not,

1-0 this year

vCash
    Perfect time on making a game thread... Your boy had a good game! Im just glad we have ended our losing streak!

vCash
    Facing the Wizards got the Lakers back on track and maybe it can do the same to us lol

Vince had a couple of dunks Tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ragee View Post
    Perfect time on making a game thread... Your boy had a good game! Im just glad we have ended our losing streak!
    I know right. But he still ticks me off. I dont get why he doesnt do this more

how long till dirk starts again?

vCash
    Glad we've won depsite another slow start and a bad finish late.

Carter is definitly better when in attack mode, as long as he isn't turning over the ball.

Marion was good at the boards.

We got rebounds, we didn't force our luck from the three point line.

Dirk hit finally those shots that didn't want to go in the last games.

Wizards or not Wizards I hope we can connect on that game.

vCash
    Thanks for making a GT, I had a last minute trip to Jersey for family reasons so I wasn't able to make one or watch the game.

vCash
    this is what i want from carter
    who cares if he plays 2 or 4 more seasons??? give us all you can vince try to make something happen dunk in some faces and give this team a push
    same for OJ and the other attack the rim attack attack drow fouls be aggressiv

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    yeah your team easily looks more intimidating and scary when the scorers are attacking hard. Plus with Dirk back, leave the shooting for him. Mayo and Carter should still shoot..but dont start but jacking 3s off picks start with attacking. Marion should obviously stick to the floater towards hoop things on Offense. The rest just need to stay in control and not try to take over (Jones, Brand, Collison). Kaman I have mixed feelings on O

getting to the line for free throws is the most underrated aspect of basketball. It's just a quiet way of scoring so you don't remember it as much but it is honestly one of the main reasons why big named teams with big name players always win because the refs always hand Kobe/Lebron/Wade the whistle.

vCash
    yeah your absolut right !
    freethrows one of the biggest things on offense.
    you bring opp player sometimes in foultrouble you can earn "easy" points nad some freethrows are like "opener" for other drives/shots

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    You guys are both right. Our theory is easy but why don't they even consider this theory and make it real?