Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 160
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Hes ****ing terrible. What are you talking about?
    look at that stats. he's not terrible. He's had multiple game winning FG's, a few 50+ yarders, etc. Everyone think he's terrible because he choked one time in the most crucial moment. Yeah, that was a terrible moment....but one or two plays don't define your career. Do Kyle Williams two fumbles eliminate all of the good plays he's made in the past two seasons? Do those two fumbles mean Kyle Williams is terrible? Nope.
    Last edited by tapajafri; 01-03-2013 at 05:02 PM.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Tapajafri has supplanted lolPhillies as the annoying 49ers homer.
    lol what on earth are you talking about? I'm one of the least homer 49er fans in this forum. I'm that 49er fan that said we would lose in STL, SEA, and to NYG at home this year. I'm also the fan that says Joe Staley is overrated even though his one of my favorite players. I'm also one of the few fans (and I've heard other 49er fans say this too) that think Willis is overrated by the rest of the league and that Goldson is overrated by 49er fans. Love Alex Smith and would rather see him start, but constantly admits that Kaepernick does in fact bring a new dynamic with his mobility and rocket arm. And all I said in this thread was that Cundiff isn't as bad as people think. That's not homerism, that's fact. One missed kick (even though it was a big time choke) doesn't mean you're a bad kicker as a whole. I don't even like Cundiff and if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with Akers. I'm just simply stating a fact that Cundiff isn't some trash kicker. One choked kick in the AFCC doesn't mean you're a bad kicker as a whole. He's not like Romo who has thrown multiple picks in close games every year. It was ONE missed kick, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would agree that one missed kick, one interception, one fumble, one drop, etc doesn't define you as a player.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Marysville, CA
    Posts
    6,810
    vCash
    1500
    -Cam Inman
    #49ers kicking derby underway. In warmups, David Akers made 16 of 21 (5 wide rt from 53, 52, 43, 43, 48), Billy Cundiff made 10 of 12.


    SF Giants, SF 49ers, Sac Kings since birth.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Donating blood: Red and Gold+
    Posts
    31,461
    vCash
    5252
    Not equal sample sizes, so meh. For all we know Cundiff could miss the next 27 out of 30. But thanks for sharing Good to know at the very least, there will be competition for the role.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Donating blood: Red and Gold+
    Posts
    31,461
    vCash
    5252
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    look at that stats. he's not terrible. He's had multiple game winning FG's, a few 50+ yarders, etc. Everyone think he's terrible because he choked one time in the most crucial moment. Yeah, that was a terrible moment....but one or two plays don't define your career. Do Kyle Williams two fumbles eliminate all of the good plays he's made in the past two seasons? Do those two fumbles mean Kyle Williams is terrible? Nope.
    If a player performs well for a whole season but fails to execute when it matters most, is he good?
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    lol what on earth are you talking about? I'm one of the least homer 49er fans in this forum. I'm that 49er fan that said we would lose in STL, SEA, and to NYG at home this year. I'm also the fan that says Joe Staley is overrated even though his one of my favorite players. I'm also one of the few fans (and I've heard other 49er fans say this too) that think Willis is overrated by the rest of the league and that Goldson is overrated by 49er fans. Love Alex Smith and would rather see him start, but constantly admits that Kaepernick does in fact bring a new dynamic with his mobility and rocket arm. And all I said in this thread was that Cundiff isn't as bad as people think. That's not homerism, that's fact. One missed kick (even though it was a big time choke) doesn't mean you're a bad kicker as a whole. I don't even like Cundiff and if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with Akers. I'm just simply stating a fact that Cundiff isn't some trash kicker. One choked kick in the AFCC doesn't mean you're a bad kicker as a whole. He's not like Romo who has thrown multiple picks in close games every year. It was ONE missed kick, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would agree that one missed kick, one interception, one fumble, one drop, etc doesn't define you as a player.
    Wow. So, how exactly are Willis and Goldson overrated? And why would you rather see Alex start? Do you believe he is better than Colin, or gives the team a better chance to win?


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Silverdale, Wa
    Posts
    8,576
    vCash
    1500
    Cundiff is ****ing awful, had a career year in 2010, but hasn't connected on 80% of his kicks in any other year.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

    I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com



    You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    lol what on earth are you talking about? I'm one of the least homer 49er fans in this forum. I'm that 49er fan that said we would lose in STL, SEA, and to NYG at home this year. I'm also the fan that says Joe Staley is overrated even though his one of my favorite players. I'm also one of the few fans (and I've heard other 49er fans say this too) that think Willis is overrated by the rest of the league and that Goldson is overrated by 49er fans. Love Alex Smith and would rather see him start, but constantly admits that Kaepernick does in fact bring a new dynamic with his mobility and rocket arm. And all I said in this thread was that Cundiff isn't as bad as people think. That's not homerism, that's fact. One missed kick (even though it was a big time choke) doesn't mean you're a bad kicker as a whole. I don't even like Cundiff and if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with Akers. I'm just simply stating a fact that Cundiff isn't some trash kicker. One choked kick in the AFCC doesn't mean you're a bad kicker as a whole. He's not like Romo who has thrown multiple picks in close games every year. It was ONE missed kick, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would agree that one missed kick, one interception, one fumble, one drop, etc doesn't define you as a player.
    Nevermind, you aren't a homer, you're just a moron!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Silverdale, Wa
    Posts
    8,576
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

    I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com



    You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bay(Daly City), Stockton Cali
    Posts
    953
    vCash
    1500
    Akers had double sports hernia surgery in feb 2012. Could explain his struggles.
    Sacramento Kings
    Oakland A's
    San Francisco 49's
    San Jose Sharks


  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Marysville, CA
    Posts
    6,810
    vCash
    1500
    Patrick Willis is overrated? Wow... just wow.


    SF Giants, SF 49ers, Sac Kings since birth.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,037
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Nevermind, you aren't a homer, you're just a moron!
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pointer View Post
    Patrick Willis is overrated? Wow... just wow.
    I think Patrick Willis is the best linebacker in the game, but I too think he is slightly overrated. They say he's the most complete linebacker, but I disagree with that. I think he's coverage skills are very lacking. But even with that, he's still the best linebacker in the league
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    5,086
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    look at that stats. he's not terrible. He's had multiple game winning FG's, a few 50+ yarders, etc. Everyone think he's terrible because he choked one time in the most crucial moment. Yeah, that was a terrible moment....but one or two plays don't define your career. Do Kyle Williams two fumbles eliminate all of the good plays he's made in the past two seasons? Do those two fumbles mean Kyle Williams is terrible? Nope.

    Uh, I wouldn't use Kyle Williams as an example. Some players are just not clutch or big game... I think Cundiff and Kyle qualify.


    I think the offensive strategy between the 30-40 yd line should change, rather than bringing in another kicker. On the first day it appears that Cundiff outperformed Akers. Cundiff has been cut twice this year by other teams, and Lee will have to hold for the opposite side since Cundiff is right legged...
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    5,086
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I think Patrick Willis is the best linebacker in the game, but I too think he is slightly overrated. They say he's the most complete linebacker, but I disagree with that. I think he's coverage skills are very lacking. But even with that, he's still the best linebacker in the league

    actually this year i think he had a down year. I think Bowman was better than Willis this year. He missed a few tackles that would've gotten the team off the field and instead continued drives. I think Willis could be better, but not his best season. Let's hope he steps up his game for the playoffs.

    A couple years ago, Willis would never miss tackles, especially in the open field.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    5,086
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    lol what on earth are you talking about? I'm one of the least homer 49er fans in this forum. I'm that 49er fan that said we would lose in STL, SEA, and to NYG at home this year. I'm also the fan that says Joe Staley is overrated even though his one of my favorite players. I'm also one of the few fans (and I've heard other 49er fans say this too) that think Willis is overrated by the rest of the league and that Goldson is overrated by 49er fans. Love Alex Smith and would rather see him start, but constantly admits that Kaepernick does in fact bring a new dynamic with his mobility and rocket arm. And all I said in this thread was that Cundiff isn't as bad as people think. That's not homerism, that's fact. One missed kick (even though it was a big time choke) doesn't mean you're a bad kicker as a whole. I don't even like Cundiff and if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with Akers. I'm just simply stating a fact that Cundiff isn't some trash kicker. One choked kick in the AFCC doesn't mean you're a bad kicker as a whole. He's not like Romo who has thrown multiple picks in close games every year. It was ONE missed kick, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would agree that one missed kick, one interception, one fumble, one drop, etc doesn't define you as a player.
    Willis didn't have his best season this year, and probably got into the probowl more based on reputation this year than on production, but he's still a premeier LB in this league. Bowman was better this year. Goldson is not over-rated by anyone... in fact i'd say he's under-rated, and this might be the first year he made the pro-bowl, and that's b/c of his bone jarring hits and interceptions. He's a ball hawk, and is well deserving of the praise he gets. I can't think of a single time this year where I was frustrated with Goldson... he might have taken the wrong angle a couple times, but that's about it.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,037
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    actually this year i think he had a down year. I think Bowman was better than Willis this year. He missed a few tackles that would've gotten the team off the field and instead continued drives. I think Willis could be better, but not his best season. Let's hope he steps up his game for the playoffs.

    A couple years ago, Willis would never miss tackles, especially in the open field.
    Eh, missed tackles happen to the best of them. Ray Lewis himself has been ran over 1-1. I'm just saying Coverage wise, Willis is lacking
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •