Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Eric Bahktiari was released to sign Cundiff...not really a major loss, but do we have 2 active kickers on game days? Then someone valuable might have to be inactive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    This was the last guy I wanted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    x2
    x3.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBruins17 View Post
    I feel bad for Akers -- such a good guy. Had my fingers crossed for him through this slump. He had to drop his twitter d/t death threats..

But yea, while I want Akers to succeed, and Cundiff hasn't been spectacular even outside of his Ray Finkle kick last year....David is what? 5 of his last 15 from 40+?? Had to do SOMETHING.

I really don't even hate carrying 2 kickers. If the team thinks they can afford the roster spot, then fine. You can approach each game with David starting and give him the opportunity to get his groove back...and if he goes out and crushes a 3...great, keep it rolling...but you have an option if it's obvious he doesn't have it.
    This. I will support any decision made to potentially improve the team, but Akers was a class act and I wanted him to succeed here.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Eric Bahktiari was released to sign Cundiff...not really a major loss, but do we have 2 active kickers on game days? Then someone valuable might have to be inactive.
    True. I always think about 53 and not 46.

vCash
    Replace a struggling kicker with a choke-artist kicker. This makes no sense.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    x3.
    x4

So Cundiff is almost 50/50 from 40+. Great...

An 11-year veteran, Cundiff comes with his own warts. He was released by the Redskins after missing 5 of 12 attempts in the season's first five games. As a member of the Ravens, he missed a potential game-tying 32-yarder in last season's AFC Championship Game. Cundiff has been incredibly accurate inside 30 yards - hitting all 45 of his field-goal attempts and all but one of 218 extra-point tries in his career - but he's hit just 57 percent from 40 yards and beyond.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/...#ixzz2GmOpQGue

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Let's be honest...any kicker who doesn't have a job right now is going to come with major questions. That's why they aren't on a team.

Slap Hands!

vCash

That's sorta like signing Tebow to get Kaep moving...
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    I really don't understand all the criticism and hate Cundiff takes for missing ONE crucial kick. Okay, he choked. But that was ONE time. It's not like he's a bad kicker. He's made a few game winning kicks as well as some 55 yarders during his career.

One bad but really crucial missed FG sums up your entire career? Nah.... Cundiff is actually a good kicker. He may have the opportunity to change people's unfair judgment about him if he gets to play in the playoffs this year

With all that being said, i'd still rather have Akers. Best kicker in the league......when he's not doubting himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    I really don't understand all the criticism and hate Cundiff takes for missing ONE crucial kick. Okay, he choked. But that was ONE time. It's not like he's a bad kicker. He's made a few game winning kicks as well as some 55 yarders during his career.

One bad but really crucial missed FG sums up your entire career? Nah.... Cundiff is actually a good kicker. He may have the opportunity to change people's unfair judgment about him if he gets to play in the playoffs this year

With all that being said, i'd still rather have Akers. Best kicker in the league......when he's not doubting himself.
    It's not because of that one kick it's because he's 57% from 40+ yards out. They're going to have to get inside the 30 to give him a good chance of making a FG.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 01-01-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    It's not because of that one kick it's because he's 57% from 40+ yards out. They're going to have to get inside the 30 to give him a good chance of making a FG.
    but my point is he's not AS bad as people think he is. people think he's some kind of owen pochman or something

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Akers is only like 62% from 40+ out isnt he?

vCash
    but my point is he's not AS bad as people think he is. people think he's some kind of owen pochman or something
    Hes ****ing terrible. What are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash

He was also like 10/10 on kicks in the playoffs before that one.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post
    Akers is only like 62% from 40+ out isnt he?
    Akers is 47% from 40+ yards this year.

Ariana Grande

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast