Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Some interesting stats from Pro Football Focus

Pass Blocking Efficiency

Michael Roos tied for 11th and David Stewart 14th

Under Pressure Passing Efficiency

Jake Locker ranked 33rd out of 34 qualifying quarterbacks

Pass Rush Efficiency

Derrick Morgan ranked 5th and Kamerion Wimbley ranked 10th in terms of pressure put on the quarterback

Elusive Running Back Rating

Chris Johnson ranked 43rd out of 54 running backs that qualified for the rating that calculates how running backs fare once they get past the offensive line.

Run Stop Rating

Mike Martin ranked 3rd in the league in run stop percentage while Sen'Derrick Marks was near the bottom of those that qualified ranking 66 out of 77 defensive tackles.

vCash
    so i was reading that the jets might Trade of Darrel Revis.. why not trade for him and move ATV to safety... possibly KNOCK 2 Birds with one stone he is do to make 6 million dollars.. i know thats alot and it wont happen but just thought i would share the idea... LMAO possibly bring in Lamont Thompson as a safety coach!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boy_coy16 View Post
    so i was reading that the jets might Trade of Darrel Revis.. why not trade for him and move ATV to safety... possibly KNOCK 2 Birds with one stone he is do to make 6 million dollars.. i know thats alot and it wont happen but just thought i would share the idea... LMAO possibly bring in Lamont Thompson as a safety coach!!!!!!
    And it is the last year on his contract..... That is why the Jets are looking to trade him because they have no intention on paying him what he is gonna demand as a free agent. And it is gonna take at least a 1st round pick to get Revis.

So you are gonna trade at least our 1st round pick for Revis and then either only have him for one season or give him a mega contract because Revis is regarded as the best cornerback in the league and he is expecting to get paid like the best cornerback. Well you have Nnamdi Asomugha making $15 million a year.... So Revis is gonna expect that kind of money.

Not a chance the Titans pull the trigger on Revis knowing that they are gonna have to give him that kind of contract with guys like Kenny Britt, Michael Roos, David Stewart, Alterraun Verner, Jake Locker and Colin McCarthy all set to be free agents in the next 2 offseasons.

vCash
    i wouldnt give our first round for him possibly my second because our second round or 3rd this year and 3rd next year....he would be great on our team.. i mean they were looking at signing mario williams for all that money last year. but i did say that they would not happen just entertaining the IDEA

vCash
    Well the Jets are asking for at least a 1st and 3rd round pick and if you believe the rumors they already have had a team (rumored to be Oakland or Detroit) offer them a top 5 pick straight up. If you believe those rumors then it would take our #10 and 2nd round pick to match in relation to the draft value chart.

I don't quite buy those rumors when the Jets are openly trying to generate interest in Revis. With that said it wouldn't shock me a bit to see the Raiders trade their #3 pick for Revis.

vCash
    Yeah you can forget Revis coming to the Titans.... I can't see Bud Adams paying that money to any player in the entire league let alone a cornerback.

According to ESPN New York, Darrelle Revis is "believed" to be seeking $16 million annually and $60 million guaranteed on his next contract.

For perspective, Mario Williams signed a contract last March paying him $16 million per year but with "only" $50 million guaranteed. It made him the highest paid defensive player in league history. New Jets GM John Idzik met with his All-Pro cornerback on Friday, but was noncommittal on Revis' future at his introductory press conference, which speaks volumes. The Jets only have Revis signed through 2013. Mired in the worst salary cap situation in football, the Jets simply won't be able to pay the man.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

vCash
    According to CBS' Jason La Canfora, free agent Jared Cook "appears to have no future" in Tennessee.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5165/jared-cook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Good get rid of him and Britt and move up in the draft. They are going to have to pay Britt big money next year anyway just give and big reciever this year and a recieving TE.

vCash
    This franchise is at a very important point in its future. Simply put, our secondary and interior line were dreadful. Gentleman, hit the draft HARD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetime86 View Post
    This franchise is at a very important point in its future. Simply put, our secondary and interior line were dreadful. Gentleman, hit the draft HARD.
    What is tough is that

Coaching - we have no idea what we have in our coaching staff

Quarterback- we have no idea what we have in Jake Locker and have nothing else on the roster

Running Back - we have no idea if Chris Johnson's struggles are his own or the teams

Wide Receiver - Kenny Britt looks more and more like he will never reach his potential. Thank god for Washington and Wright.

Tight End - Jared Cook doesn't want to be here and the other guys on the roster aren't starters

Tackles - Michael Roos and David Stewart are possibly the best pair of tackles in the league as both are ranked top 15 at the position. But both are soon to be free agents in their early 30s. Even if the Titans keep them both its likely that they will be near the end of their careers by the time the Titans get out of this mess.

Guards and Center - They have nobody. Fernando Velasco has some numbers to suggest that he could be a starter. But its hard to say when he terrible support from both guard positions.

Defensive End - The numbers showed that they done better than you would think at getting to the quarterback. However you still want to be better as both Morgan and Wimbley couldn't get the quarterback down and were at times a liability in the running game.

Defensive Tackle - We have to get better. A big issue here is having a bunch of guys that are situational and no every-down talent. Mike Martin may have been the best of the bunch.

Linebacker - Some promise at this position but they were terrible in pass coverage. If they get better in pass coverage and get help from an improved secondary this group could take off.

Cornerback - Potential. That is really all they have at the position. They need to bring in a veteran instead of counting on all of these young guys to reach their potential.

Safety - We have one that just got a big contract and in return had his worst season and nobody at the other spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    What is tough is that

Coaching - we have no idea what we have in our coaching staff

Quarterback- we have no idea what we have in Jake Locker and have nothing else on the roster

Running Back - we have no idea if Chris Johnson's struggles are his own or the teams

Wide Receiver - Kenny Britt looks more and more like he will never reach his potential. Thank god for Washington and Wright.

Tight End - Jared Cook doesn't want to be here and the other guys on the roster aren't starters

Tackles - Michael Roos and David Stewart are possibly the best pair of tackles in the league as both are ranked top 15 at the position. But both are soon to be free agents in their early 30s. Even if the Titans keep them both its likely that they will be near the end of their careers by the time the Titans get out of this mess.

Guards and Center - They have nobody. Fernando Velasco has some numbers to suggest that he could be a starter. But its hard to say when he terrible support from both guard positions.

Defensive End - The numbers showed that they done better than you would think at getting to the quarterback. However you still want to be better as both Morgan and Wimbley couldn't get the quarterback down and were at times a liability in the running game.

Defensive Tackle - We have to get better. A big issue here is having a bunch of guys that are situational and no every-down talent. Mike Martin may have been the best of the bunch.

Linebacker - Some promise at this position but they were terrible in pass coverage. If they get better in pass coverage and get help from an improved secondary this group could take off.

Cornerback - Potential. That is really all they have at the position. They need to bring in a veteran instead of counting on all of these young guys to reach their potential.

Safety - We have one that just got a big contract and in return had his worst season and nobody at the other spot.

So you are saying we may have some holes.

vCash
    They'll slap Cook with the franchise tag

OL will easily be improved if they grab Womack at 10

Locker will make strides next year with Loggains

vCash
    Got some more good news.... (sarcasm)

Damian Williams, Alterraun Verner and Eugene Amano all reached escalators in their contracts making their 2013 salary cap figures go up. Damian Williams and Alterraun Verner both went from $575,000 to $1.323 million. Eugene Amano (who I'm trying to figure out how the hell he reached escalators spending the whole year on IR) went from $3.685 million to $3.935 million.

vCash
    IMO I would like to see the Titans in the draft with our 3rd round pick take Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
    In two years, only 1 as a full time starter he had 133 tackles, 16 of those for a loss, 6 sacks, 4 Ints, 19 passes defended, and a whopping 11 forced fumbles. The FF stat is absolutely unbelievable. He also had 2 returns for TDs.

Measurables:
    ●Height: 5'9"
    ●Weight: 175 lbs
    ●40 time: 4.51 seconds

I Know his size is a little disturbing but, he has a Uncanny ability to strip the ball, really really amazing ability here, he has a violent ripping motion that is very compact. Ability to make big plays at crucial parts in the game, whether it be a KR, FF, Sack, Int, etc....

ESPN take on HONEYBADGER
    What Mathieu lacks in size, he makes up for with stunning athletic ability and heart. In my opinion he was the best player on LSU's team in 2011, above Claiborne, Mingo, Montgomery, Reid, Minter, the whole lot. What LSU missed most this year was his timely playmaking. Tyrann will be a force in the NFL as a DB and as a KR. Getting turnovers is what he is best at, and that is always a welcome addition to any defense. The footwork, as I said before needs to be coached up for him, but otherwise I find him to be a really solid prospect. If he was 2 or 3 inches taller, we'd be talking about a first round (top 15) selection before the off field issues, which I believe are over. Mathieu is definitely worth our 3rd round pick if he's still there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boy_coy16 View Post
    IMO I would like to see the Titans in the draft with our 3rd round pick take Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
    In two years, only 1 as a full time starter he had 133 tackles, 16 of those for a loss, 6 sacks, 4 Ints, 19 passes defended, and a whopping 11 forced fumbles. The FF stat is absolutely unbelievable. He also had 2 returns for TDs.

Measurables:
    ●Height: 5'9"
    ●Weight: 175 lbs
    ●40 time: 4.51 seconds

I Know his size is a little disturbing but, he has a Uncanny ability to strip the ball, really really amazing ability here, he has a violent ripping motion that is very compact. Ability to make big plays at crucial parts in the game, whether it be a KR, FF, Sack, Int, etc....

ESPN take on HONEYBADGER
    What Mathieu lacks in size, he makes up for with stunning athletic ability and heart. In my opinion he was the best player on LSU's team in 2011, above Claiborne, Mingo, Montgomery, Reid, Minter, the whole lot. What LSU missed most this year was his timely playmaking. Tyrann will be a force in the NFL as a DB and as a KR. Getting turnovers is what he is best at, and that is always a welcome addition to any defense. The footwork, as I said before needs to be coached up for him, but otherwise I find him to be a really solid prospect. If he was 2 or 3 inches taller, we'd be talking about a first round (top 15) selection before the off field issues, which I believe are over. Mathieu is definitely worth our 3rd round pick if he's still there.
    I'm all for it.... The guy can play. He might have the issues off the field but unlike alot of these guys he is a team player and a leader in the locker room and on the field. That LSU defense went from being amazing to being really good overnight with just the loss of this guy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast