Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

What might actually happen.

Great points by all. dump romo, fire garrett, cut everyone. ( well, i dont agree, but my point is, great arguments by all.)

However, i think most will agree that wont happen. Right or wrong.

Romo is staying. Garrett is staying..

So, i made this thread to discuss ways we can improve, that is actually feasible.

example. alot of you say, get a GM. Not feasible. jerry wont do that. not going to happen. so, nice to argue, but not possible, and not in this thread.

so, this thread, lets discuss ways we can get better, that might actually happen.

-----------

My opinion.
    Get offensive coordinator.

im actually confused on this. I know, for a fact, jerry jones has said he wants his hc calling the plays, or if defensive mind, calling the defense. he has went on and on about thats what he wants..
    so i didnt think it was in garrets hand.
    however, at press confrence, it appeared garrett didnt want one..

so... is garrett just saying that cause he knows jerry's stance?

i like garret.. i know im in the minority, but i actually love garrett. but no winning coach is also the play caller...

everyone keeps saying garrett sucks.. thats not sucking, thats talking on to much. if he just called plays, i bet it be much, much better. if he was just hc, he would be better in that aspect.

what coach does what garrett does? that much?

its to much, imo.

norv needs to get in there.

2. offensive line.

thats were champions are made... in the trenches.

free agency is key. levitre is our guy. someone named another guy. i forget. buffalo, and san diego both have a guard i love, cant remember name though..

that alone will do wonders. better line. free agency.

3. get healthy. imo, having either lee, or carter would have won us the game vs. redskins. they wouldnt trick us, or run on us like that if carter or lee was back there. thats a promis.

4. get better...

and what i mean by that, is, we are young. tyron smith 21 years old. he stays motivated, in the weight room, he will be tons better. physically still maturing.

thats the beauty of garrett guys. he got hard workers, that will really bust ***.
    livings, bern. they were *** busters.. they werent has good has we wanted, and maybe they wont be starters next year. i know i want new guys, but if nothing else, these garrett guys will be busting *** in the gym, trying to get better. they will be better. good enough? IDK. but i think that across the board, if we do nothing, are team should be, IMO better.

claiborne, carr, dez, murray, tyron, livings, bern. carter, lee, hawford. these guys are young, motivated and big time workers...

they should be better next year.. that excites me..

---------------------

( guys, i know. in real life, im getting **** on, at work, home, everywhere. it sucks. i hate it. im crying myself to sleep. i love the cowboys. this lose hurt. romo ****ed me. im a huge supporter of him. and there is no next week..

so dont mistake my positiveness in here has being ok with losing. i hate it...

but, this is my happy place... lol...

im in a dark, bad place right now... im just trying to cope.

vCash
    We need to sure up Offensive line as the A1 priority!!!

I would suggest that you all check out advancednflstats.com
    Offense wins games and championships in the NFL much more than Defense. This has been true for the past 15 years plus and is backed up by advanced stats. Think of it this way (if you can from a math perspective): the difference in terms of standard deviations from the best offenses in the league to the best defense is more than 2 fold. In other words being a superior offensive team is more highly correlated to winning in the NFL than having a stout 4 - 3 defense etc. While it is obviously better to have a good D with a good O free your mind of old school cliche's like Defense wins Championships. Mathematics says that is not true. OFFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS IN THE MODERN NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    We need to sure up Offensive line as the A1 priority!!!

I would suggest that you all check out advancednflstats.com
    Offense wins games and championships in the NFL much more than Defense. This has been true for the past 15 years plus and is backed up by advanced stats. Think of it this way (if you can from a math perspective): the difference in terms of standard deviations from the best offenses in the league to the best defense is more than 2 fold. In other words being a superior offensive team is more highly correlated to winning in the NFL than having a stout 4 - 3 defense etc. While it is obviously better to have a good D with a good O free your mind of old school cliche's like Defense wins Championships. Mathematics says that is not true. OFFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS IN THE MODERN NFL.
    i agree big time, however, you dont win very many games no matter how good your offense is when you give up 200+++++ yards rushing to the other team.

but, by far, my biggest want is improved offensive line.. by far.

vCash
    GET A NEW GM.

lol jk

vCash
    Please no more Bernie. We hit 2-3 I think with Cook and Livings and shanked it on Bernie.

Smith-Livings-Cook-X-X

Maybe Andy Levitre from BUF? Dude hasnt missed a game since 2009 when he was drafted, played ALL 5 positions on BUF OLine since they had injuries galore, played every snap since 2010, BUF hasnt offered him a deal and is likely to hit the market and probably wont demand CRAZY money. Get him and draft another linemen.

vCash
    I respect everyones opinion in here and agree with building this team from the trenches.

I don't with keeping most people on the o-line. I like Smith, but after that I would find a replacement for everyone starting with Free. I would at minimum replace Rt a G and C.

I like the idea of Turner as oc calling the plays, but I don't like the fact that Romo and the rest of the offense has to adjust to a new system.

I also want someone else creating pressure up front. We seriously need to upgrade the d-line.

vCash
    I hate Garrett just as much as i hate Scandrick. Our goals should be to find a Good-great O-linemen in free agency and then draft one in the 1st or 2nd and 3rd... Our Goal should be to grab Andy Levitre and if we can squeeze some more money out go after Brandon Moore as well. He will be 33 so his price tage might not be to hefty for us and if jerry is serious about winning he will get both done and get rid of Livings and Bernadeau... If Jerry is feeling nasty he would sign Sebastian Vollmer and then draft Chance Warmack in the 1st and draft another guard in the 3rd... Also with the 6th pick drfat Tyrann Manthieu
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    The problem is clear

We need 2 o linemen
    We need 2 d linemen
    1 ball hawking safety

Easier to identify the problem but not so easy to fix.
    Because this team can't draft beyond the third round I only count that we have 3 picks. So with 3 picks and maybe 2 big free agents it might be doable.

vCash
    Fire Garrett. Hire Gruden. Hire Norv. Fire the trainer as well. Draft one of those lineman from Alabama (doesn't really matter which one). Montee Ball and Elam if they're available. Don't resign Jenkins. Make a decision on Ratliff and Austin. Resign Spencer. Give Branden Albert a call. Problem(s) solved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaSmoke View Post
    Fire Garrett. Hire Gruden. Hire Norv. Fire the trainer as well. Draft one of those lineman from Alabama (doesn't really matter which one). Montee Ball and Elam if they're available. Don't resign Jenkins. Make a decision on Ratliff and Austin. Resign Spencer. Give Branden Albert a call. Problem(s) solved.
    you couldnt do it, could you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    I hate Garrett just as much as i hate Scandrick. Our goals should be to find a Good-great O-linemen in free agency and then draft one in the 1st or 2nd and 3rd... Our Goal should be to grab Andy Levitre and if we can squeeze some more money out go after Brandon Moore as well. He will be 33 so his price tage might not be to hefty for us and if jerry is serious about winning he will get both done and get rid of Livings and Bernadeau... If Jerry is feeling nasty he would sign Sebastian Vollmer and then draft Chance Warmack in the 1st and draft another guard in the 3rd... Also with the 6th pick drfat Tyrann Manthieu
    Its not about jerry wanting to, or spending money. its also about the cap.

and cutting players cost money, against the cap. cutting free will take away cap space.

and we have that 5 mill we lost to... we are up against the cap, so we are very limited in what we can spend.

that being said, i dont care what it cost, id cut free... i would have cut him during the season probally.

vCash
    if you don't fix the problems there's no chance at success.

Have you ever watched the shows Kitchen Nightmares, Restaurant Impossible, and Bar Rescue?

We'll if you haven't it's basically a failing owner in need of help. They have a professional chef/restauranteur come in and help the owner fix the problems their having. The owner always believes the problems are things outside of himself and his decisions. Literally every program on all 3 shows always starts with the owner claiming things are good they just need to be tweaked or slightly changed.

The professionals (Gordon Ramsay, Robert Irvine, Jon Taffer) always find that the owner is at fault, the product and service sucks, and the management is nonexistent.

Fixing the lighting in the restaurant or changing the prices won't solve the problems at hand because they stem from the top.

Our problems are the constants that have been in this organization:

1. Owner
    2. Coaches
    3. QB

You can tweak and play with all the other little areas you want, but until you fix those 3 problems you're going to constantly fail.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    Its not about jerry wanting to, or spending money. its also about the cap.

and cutting players cost money, against the cap. cutting free will take away cap space.

and we have that 5 mill we lost to... we are up against the cap, so we are very limited in what we can spend.

that being said, i dont care what it cost, id cut free... i would have cut him during the season probally.
    we will gain 7 million in cap space next season and then have dead money the next year. Its worth it right now IMO
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    Well we need to fire Garrett or Hire Norv to call the plays, upgrade the O-Line, Get a good Nose Tackle unless Ratliff comes back and plays, we always need secondary help, and it'd be nice to have a damn running back that can stay healthy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    if you don't fix the problems there's no chance at success.

Have you ever watched the shows Kitchen Nightmares, Restaurant Impossible, and Bar Rescue?

We'll if you haven't it's basically a failing owner in need of help. They have a professional chef/restauranteur come in and help the owner fix the problems their having. The owner always believes the problems are things outside of himself and his decisions. Literally every program on all 3 shows always starts with the owner claiming things are good they just need to be tweaked or slightly changed.

The professionals (Gordon Ramsay, Robert Irvine, Jon Taffer) always find that the owner is at fault, the product and service sucks, and the management is nonexistent.

Fixing the lighting in the restaurant or changing the prices won't solve the problems at hand because they stem from the top.

Our problems are the constants that have been in this organization:

1. Owner
    2. Coaches
    3. QB

You can tweak and play with all the other little areas you want, but until you fix those 3 problems you're going to constantly fail.
    LOL...

Honestly though, has much has we all hate it, is jerry jones really failing?

seriously, he owns the dallas cowboys. He has a billion plus dollar stadium, multiple endorsement deals. His cowboys, are the most valuable franchise in north america, and by far the most valuable franchise in the NFL.

He is banking in the money, no matter how bad the cowboys are, he gets max nationally televised games every year. The cowboys, have won 1 playoff game in the last decade plus, yet, they dominate headlines, espn, and everything else year after year.

so, has bad has it sucks for us, is he really losing? does it look like he needs help, if you really think about it? lol...

he wiped his glasses off with some tissue, and that made him money... seriously...

the dallas cowboys are alot of things.. but there a money making machine.. and no matter how bad the product maybe, it doesnt look like it will be slowing down.. in fact, its actually getting more money...

there playing presesason games in mexico, expanding there market, and drawing more interest. people either hate us so bad that want to watch to root against us, or love us so much they want to watch to root for....

advertisers want to be branded with them...

jerry, is winning.

the hells kitchen guy, ramsey, etc. they would walk in, look at him, and say, ****! your banking! i WISH i could do what your doing, make the money your making, and so forth. you made a billion plus dollar stadium in the middle of a recession, and your still making money. you have had how many losing seasons? and your making what? your on espn how much? sell how many jerseys? sold out how many games?

yeah, they would be taking advice from him...
    Last edited by rawz; 01-01-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast