Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    He doesn't want the control, but the Browns are willing to give the control to "the right candidate" on top of an "offer he can't refuse."

Remarkably, fish don't require water to breathe - just to keep their gills from collapsing...

I know, I read the article.

vCash
    During @JmackVashShow on ChicagolandSportsRadio, Matt Forte says he has faith in Phil Emery in #Bears coach search.
    Forte jumped on the radio show held by former Bears Jason McKie and Nathan Vasher and visited with his friends. He said the personal interaction Emery has from time to time makes a difference in his world.

“I’ve got a lot of faith in Phil and that’s not because he’s the first one that came in and signed me to a contract and all that stuff,” Forte said. “Just look at what he’s done so far with the signings that we have, the draft we had. He had a lot better draft than we’ve had in past years with players that come in and contribute early. And I’ve seen him after the games and stuff, he’ll come into the room and talk to me about how the game went and some big plays that were made and all that stuff. I’ve never had that happen in past years. It kind of says something when the GM comes in and kind of talks football with you after a game.”

Brad Biggs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    During @JmackVashShow on ChicagolandSportsRadio, Matt Forte says he has faith in Phil Emery in #Bears coach search.
    Forte jumped on the radio show held by former Bears Jason McKie and Nathan Vasher and visited with his friends. He said the personal interaction Emery has from time to time makes a difference in his world.

Ive got a lot of faith in Phil and thats not because hes the first one that came in and signed me to a contract and all that stuff, Forte said. Just look at what hes done so far with the signings that we have, the draft we had. He had a lot better draft than weve had in past years with players that come in and contribute early. And Ive seen him after the games and stuff, hell come into the room and talk to me about how the game went and some big plays that were made and all that stuff. Ive never had that happen in past years. It kind of says something when the GM comes in and kind of talks football with you after a game.

Brad Biggs
    Was about to post this. IMO, Emery went a long way in the locker room by immediately extending Briggs a year and adding some money while also extending Forte, let alone the acquisition of Marshall. I think there's probably some hurt feelings still over the canning of Lovie but the players also know Phil's trying to win, which has to be respected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    At least someone gives a **** about the direction of our team.

It seems like the offense for the most part doesn't really care that Lovie got canned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    It seems like the offense for the most part doesn't really care that Lovie got canned.
    Its no secret Lovie was a defensive coach but I think it showed it more on when he got fired. The defensive guys (now and ex Bear) were saying it was a horrible move and Lovie should still be here. While the offensive guys like Forte and Cutler say they stand by Emery and they think he will do the best for this organization. Really shows who Lovie probably spent more time with to get to know and build a relationship with

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Bums View Post
    Its no secret Lovie was a defensive coach but I think it showed it more on when he got fired. The defensive guys (now and ex Bear) were saying it was a horrible move and Lovie should still be here. While the offensive guys like Forte and Cutler say they stand by Emery and they think he will do the best for this organization. Really shows who Lovie probably spent more time with to get to know and build a relationship with
    Good point.

vCash
    Be interested to see if Phil Emery talks in general and specific terms about how #Bears scouting system has changed
    Emery didn’t completely overhaul the way things were done scouting for the draft after he was hired last year because it was late in the process for the college draft. You couldn’t have scouts going back and re-working hundreds of reports with the combine and draft meetings fast approaching. But Emery has implemented changes since and the word from the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., was the reports are even more detailed than before. That’s not that Jerry Angelo’s system wasn’t detailed, but Emery’s program raises it a notch. It would be nice to learn what new ground he is asking scouts to cover from A to Z on players.
    -- Brad Biggs

Do it big, Phil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Still hesitant to pour praise on his drafting...he passed on quite a few really nice players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Still hesitant to pour praise on his drafting...he passed on quite a few really nice players
    most gms do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    most gms do

Absolutely. While I can understand the frustration of a couple of our draft picks, I'm willing to see out another draft or two..or three from Phil. The jury is still out for our picks, and it's far too early to concretely judge Emery's first draft class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDBearsFan View Post
    Absolutely. While I can understand the frustration of a couple of our draft picks, I'm willing to see out another draft or two..or three from Phil. The jury is still out for our picks, and it's far too early to concretely judge Emery's first draft class.
    Theres a lot that we dont know where hes going with this team tbh. He came in with a coach who wasn't his and a system that wasn't his either. Hell people might love this draft in a couple of years if Shea develops or Hardin and Alshon stay healthy people are going to put their foot in their mouth. You cant judge a draft after 1 year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Theres a lot that we dont know where hes going with this team tbh. He came in with a coach who wasn't his and a system that wasn't his either. Hell people might love this draft in a couple of years if Shea develops or Hardin and Alshon stay healthy people are going to put their foot in their mouth. You cant judge a draft after 1 year.

Agreed. Frankly, I like the draft. Shea has a motor, so if he bulks up a bit, I'm sure he'll be just fine. Alshon was a great, great pick IMO, and Rodriguez shows a bit of promise. Obviously with Harden who knows what the hell will happen, but I was just making the point that people shouldn't be turned off by Emery's first draft because it takes three years in my opinion to form a solid opinion about draft results. Ask Corey Woottonn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678