0 0%
  • Michael Fulmer

0 0%
  • Domingo Tapia

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Your acting like Harvey was so slighted in all these rankings.

John Sickles rated Harvey #35 in his top 120 prospects lists for 2012....Wheeler was right behind him at 36.

Baseball Prospectus Kevin Goldstein rated Harvey #25 in his top 101 prospects for 2012 ahead of Wheeler who came in at 30.

So it's pretty obvious that the love for Wheeler is not all due to his pre draft reports, because these are guys who didnt fall for it and I sure there are more....probably more to do with his improvement since becoming a Met.
    Yes for 2012 of course he's up in the rankings, his stuff is elite. Where he ranks doesn't matter to me because I know he's legit.

Harvey's performance was actually good in AAA, considering he didn't pitch much in AA. Then he exploded on the big leagues.

John Sickels says that if Harvey were still eligible, he would have an "A" ranking, not A-. That is high praise right there and well deserved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    You aren't going to get away with being a major league starter throwing 50% fastballs unless you throw a cutter, or have 3 secondary pitches. Liriano has 2 secondary pitches and throws his slider way too much.

The reason why Harvey isn't as touted as Wheeler is because he wasn't highly thought of when he was first drafted. He was a college arm and 7th pick that missed the top 100 on a lot of lists.

Wheeler is a little younger so he's viewed with a higher upside, but in reality, his stuff and Harvey's stuff are very similar. If Harvey shows the 4-pitch mix he showed in 2012 in 2013, he should have similar results.

Wheeler's command and change-up is behind Harvey's, so we'll see.
    No it's not, Wheeler's command and change up is better.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    No it's not, Wheeler's command and change up is better.
    Command is debatable, but Harvey has a better change-up. Not one report says Wheeler has a plus change-up, whereas Keith Law always said Harvey had a plus change-up, and he's shown it on the big league level.

vCash
    Chris Mellen: Wheeler. I was impressed with what I saw from him this year. Electric, four pitch arsenal and the knowledge of how to use it. The other arms are very, very good, but I'm a Wheeler guy.
    Baseball Prospectus

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    JasonParks
    Wheeler. Monster upside. RT @chip42180 @ProfessorParks wheeler or Harvey.

vCash
    That doesn't mean he has a plus change-up.

I really, really hope you are right and Wheeler is better than Harvey because that would mean we're set for foreseeable future.

But all this hype for Wheeler, I can see some disappointment.

I'm just curious why no scouts seem to think Harvey can be an ace? I still think they are using old scouting reports on the guy. When Keith Law saw Harvey in Arizona, he was super impressed.

vCash
    Because Harvey lacks the command and only has 2 plus pitches. He would be a heck of a 3 in a rotation.

However, I think Syndergaard is better than both of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Because Harvey lacks the command and only has 2 plus pitches. He would be a heck of a 3 in a rotation.

However, I think Syndergaard is better than both of them.
    2 plus pitches is a great foundation for an ace, but his change is above average too. While his curve is inconsistent, it flashes greatness.

His command may stop him from being an ace, in which case he'll be a #2. To me, there is not a chance he'll only be a 3 with his stuff.

Syndergaard looks very promising, but his breaking ball needs to improve apparently.

vCash
    i've said it once and i'll sat it again a full spring training of santana helping them learn how to pitch will be huge. imagine a santana change in either of their hands with the ability to throw their fastball at 94mph. wow
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    Wheeler gets the honor.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234