Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Where you're from: I'm from South Jersey.. currently living in Virginia

How long you have been an Eagles fan: I've been an Eagles fan my whole life

Your favorite current Eagles: My favorite Eagle is really a top three: Shady, Maclin and Vinny Curry (I listened to him after he was drafted on WIP - gotta love the kid who grew up an Eagles fan and getting drafted by them.. cool story)

You favorite Eagle of all time: All time is hands-down Brian Dawkins.. with Duce Staley trailing slightly

Your thoughts for next year: I think we go 10-6. I think the NFC East is one of the three toughest divisions (NFC's East, West and North - in no order).. I think we're going to bang ourselves up. I don't think we addressed secondary needs as much as we should have - though we did improve. 10-6 and winning the division.

Where you're from: Munich, Germany
    How long you have been an Eagles fan: Since around 2001 (*)
    Your favorite current Eagle: LeSean McCoy (**)
    You favorite Eagle of all time: Randall Cunningham
    Your thoughts for next year: I'm hoping playoffs; would love to see the Eagles meet the Seahawks two times next year (***)

(*) I always had a fascination with the city of Philadelphia, although I've never been there. I learnt American Football from playing Tecmo Super Bowl on a SNES emulator (therefore my user name). I probably don't have to mention it, but in that game from 1990, the Eagles had a great team with Cunningham and especially on defence with White, Brown, Simmons, Joyner, Evans, Allen, Hopkins and Waters. That's when I still went to school and the only games of American Football I could watch on German TV were the Conference Championship Games and the Super Bowl, live at 3 am in the morning, so I was sleepy at school for a week. I even played American Football for a while (as a safety), but the sport is not established in Germany, so I had to travel a long distance to get to play and I stopped doing so after I knocked myself unconscious with a concussion on a helmet-to-helmet hit.

(**) That would be the obvious choice. For a non-obvious choice I would go with Brandon Boykin, who really impressed me last year and who could emerge as a top player this year.

(***) I didn't follow the Eagles that closely while I went to university, but I have graduated and gotten a job now and am following the Eagles much more closely again, having watched almost every game from last year. I love what Chip Kelly is doing with the team!

I was lurking several Eagles forums for comments during the draft, and found the users on this site were the most insightful and personable, so I registered and hope to discuss the Eagles on this forum as they progress through the next season.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 05-25-2014 at 03:38 PM. Reason: forgot Jerome Brown

Welcome. How did you come to have an interest in Philadelphia and the Eagles?

Thanks. I can't say really. Obviously I don't have any geographical or family connection, which is how someone usually becomes a fan. It's simply that when I started getting interested in American Football, I picked the Philadelphia Eagles as "my team". Maybe I was destined to become an Eagles fan.

One interesting thing though: Via my father, I'm also fan of the soccer team 1860 München, which shares some similarities with the Eagles; the team has a long tradition, had its moments of greatness but always fell short of success, struggled through some harsh times, but the fans are very loyal and also a bit rowdy, valuing aggressive spirit of the team. It also won its last league championship in the 1960s.

I think that American Football is a much more interesting sport than soccer though.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 05-24-2014 at 07:53 PM.

Awesome man glad to have you on here that fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Thanks. I can't say really. Obviously I don't have any geographical or family connection, which is how someone usually becomes a fan. It's simply that when I started getting interested in American Football, I picked the Philadelphia Eagles as "my team". Maybe I was destined to become an Eagles fan.

One interesting thing though: Via my father, I'm also fan of the soccer team 1860 München, which shares some similarities with the Eagles; the team has a long tradition, had its moments of greatness but always fell short of success, struggled through some harsh times, but the fans are very loyal and also a bit rowdy, valuing aggressive spirit of the team. It also won its last league championship in the 1960s.

I think that American Football is a much more interesting sport than soccer though.
    Easily my favorite poster name on this board right now.

Philadelphia Eagles - GUEST sign up thread!

Where you're from: South Philly ( Currently live in Northern VA)
    How long you have been an Eagles fan: My whole life
    Your favorite current Eagles: Shady
    You favorite Eagle of all time: hard to say, really got into football around Reggie White and Randell, high school was Dawkins, McNabb, Westbrook,
    Your thoughts for next year: deep run on the playoffs, just don't see us having all the pieces just yet. Unless someone (on both sides of the ball) really steps up.

Where you're from: chitown
    How long you have been an Eagles fan: forever
    Your favorite current Eagles: Shady, Jmac, Tcole
    You favorite Eagle of all time: Randall & Bdawk
    Your thoughts for next (THIS)year: defense HAS to step up down the stretch, ESP secondary, in order to make a deep playoff run. Getting burned way too much.
    -- long time psd reader. Finally decided to join

Quote Originally Posted by MannyPhaces View Post
    Your thoughts for next (THIS)year: defense HAS to step up down the stretch, ESP secondary, in order to make a deep playoff run. Getting burned way too much.
    I knew what your user name meant, but the pic tops it off bro. Just brought back some memories lol

Quote Originally Posted by MannyPhaces View Post

Not capable? Please, I'm BDN homie..

Welcome MannyPhaces!

Where you're from: Denver, but grew up just North of Miami

How long you have been an Eagles fan: Since I was 10 or so.. My dad was a big Dolphins fan, this was during the Marino Dolphin years, and he'd always complain about the lack of D and run game. I liked Buddy from his SB, he went to Philly and I saw Randall and was hooked.

Your favorite current Eagles: Maclin, Cole, Shady

You favorite Eagle of all time: That ones tough.. Cunningham, Trotter, Eric Allen, Herschel Walker (huge fan of him period), Calvin Williams, Westbrook, about the entire 1990 D. lol

Your thoughts for this year: Hopefully beat Dallas, I think loser may miss the playoffs. Loved our line play in the first matchup, but every time I think we will beat Dallas we lose, and every time I think we will get it handed to us, we dominate.

Where you're from: South Jersey.. Grew up in NE Philadelphia

How long you have been an Eagles fan: My whole life

Your favorite current Eagles: My favorite current Eagles players are Evan Mathis and Fletcher Cox.

You favorite Eagle of all time: Randall Cunningham, Ron Jaworski, Wilbert Montgomery.

Your thoughts for next year: The Eagles should be in the fight for the division championship. Hopefully Kelly doesn't do anything crazy in the draft. A good draft and a couple smart FA moves and the Eagles could make some noise in the playoffs next year.

didnt say correct

Bird Gang before it was stolen, Buddy Ryan days.....**** CHIP KELLY
    faaaaaauuuukkkkk Chimp Kelly. Gonna make us a weak...anyone with heart is gone
    Last edited by Garcia Vega; 03-05-2015 at 01:24 AM. Reason: mispell

Quote Originally Posted by Garcia Vega View Post
    Bird Gang before it was stolen, Buddy Ryan days.....**** CHIP KELLY
    faaaaaauuuukkkkk Chimp Kelly. Gonna make us a weak...anyone with heart is gone
    Alcohol down. Helmet on. Internet off.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345