Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    I hope for great game like last week (but with a different outcome of course ) and everybody stays healthy.

I'll have to disagree with the outcome but we can both agree on the drinking.

vCash
    I hope for great game like last week (but with a different outcome of course ) and everybody stays healthy.

i like your attitude... i hate your sig

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    I have to admit the Vikings make me nervous now a days..
    and I'm completely terrified of AP..

It's gonna be a great game though!

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

vCash

Hope for a good game too! But hope for the same outcome! Lol. Stay healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XJW18 View Post

I think everyone here can say Rogers scares us to death!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFtw View Post
    I think everyone here can say Rogers scares us to death!
    Think of Ap and Rogers on the same team...Wow

vCash
    Covering Jennings

Last week showed just how dangerous WR Greg Jennings can be for the Packers. He was targeted 11 times and caught eight of those balls for 120 yards despite a pair of drops. That means that on just one occasion was the coverage good enough to actually prevent him catching the ball.

The key for the Vikings will be who draws the assignment of trying to limit him. CB Antoine Winfield is unquestionably the team's best corner, but he was forced from the game with his hand injury, playing just 19 snaps before being relieved and giving the bulk of the work to Marcus Sherels, who was picked on relentlessly from that point on.

When Winfield was forced from the lineup, it caused some interesting issues for the Vikings. A.J. Jefferson, Chris Cook and Josh Robinson are all seen as perimeter corners by the coaching staff, leaving Sherels inside as their slot defender.

Despite playing just 34 snaps, Sherels was thrown at 10 times, more than any other Viking, and he allowed nine catches for 162 yards. If Winfield can't go this weekend, then Sherels figures to get a significant amount of game time, even if the team adjusts how they play in nickel formations. Either way, they are going to have to find a better way of defending Greg Jennings if they want to stop the Packers moving the ball.

Besides these issue with Sherels this is the other huge worry.

At least he wasn't eaten up like CB A.J. Jefferson (49), who gave up six completions for 67 yards and a touchdown in seven targets, taking a 16-yard pass interference penalty against Nelson on the other. He also was called for interference on fourth-and-1 against WR Jarrett Boykin, who caught Rodgers' back-shoulder throw anyway. At times, he just doesn't seem to judge the ball well in the air. He did make one good stop off Jones' block. The only other option is CB Josh Robinson (14), who got some run when Jefferson came off with an ankle tweak and gave up two third-down completions, the latter for 11 yards and a conversion. Good luck in the rubber match.

Look anything can happen Sat. If our d-line comes to play and we get some turnover/s along with Ponder playing well I know we can win Sat. But the issues with Sherels and Jefferson have me laying awake wondering about Sat. How do we get this fixed before Sat?
    Last edited by BigB4570; 01-03-2013 at 02:00 PM.

vCash
    The game plan Saturday should be just like it has the past 5 weeks. Feed AP early often, Ponder play mistake free football and convert key 3rd downs and let the pass rush do its thing. Plus the health of Winfield is going to be huge. After he came out we never stopped their offense. Hopefully he can gut it out and play with the pain because we need him.

I said this last week and I think it will be true again this week; whoever wins the turnover battle is going to win this game. I really like our chances of winning if Ponder can continue to improve and not turn the ball over. Time of possession is huge against a high powered offense like Green Bay. We could very easily get blown out but I think it will be another exciting game. Hopefully we repeat 2004.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XJW18 View Post

I'm obviously really hoping for a win but it would be nice to have another exciting close game like week 17.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB4570 View Post
    Covering Jennings

Last week showed just how dangerous WR Greg Jennings can be for the Packers. He was targeted 11 times and caught eight of those balls for 120 yards despite a pair of drops. That means that on just one occasion was the coverage good enough to actually prevent him catching the ball.

The key for the Vikings will be who draws the assignment of trying to limit him. CB Antoine Winfield is unquestionably the team's best corner, but he was forced from the game with his hand injury, playing just 19 snaps before being relieved and giving the bulk of the work to Marcus Sherels, who was picked on relentlessly from that point on.

When Winfield was forced from the lineup, it caused some interesting issues for the Vikings. A.J. Jefferson, Chris Cook and Josh Robinson are all seen as perimeter corners by the coaching staff, leaving Sherels inside as their slot defender.

Despite playing just 34 snaps, Sherels was thrown at 10 times, more than any other Viking, and he allowed nine catches for 162 yards. If Winfield can't go this weekend, then Sherels figures to get a significant amount of game time, even if the team adjusts how they play in nickel formations. Either way, they are going to have to find a better way of defending Greg Jennings if they want to stop the Packers moving the ball.

Besides these issue with Sherels this is the other huge worry.

At least he wasn't eaten up like CB A.J. Jefferson (49), who gave up six completions for 67 yards and a touchdown in seven targets, taking a 16-yard pass interference penalty against Nelson on the other. He also was called for interference on fourth-and-1 against WR Jarrett Boykin, who caught Rodgers' back-shoulder throw anyway. At times, he just doesn't seem to judge the ball well in the air. He did make one good stop off Jones' block. The only other option is CB Josh Robinson (14), who got some run when Jefferson came off with an ankle tweak and gave up two third-down completions, the latter for 11 yards and a conversion. Good luck in the rubber match.

Look anything can happen Sat. If our d-line comes to play and we get some turnover/s along with Ponder playing well I know we can win Sat. But the issues with Sherels and Jefferson have me laying awake wondering about Sat. How do we get this fixed before Sat?
    This scares me... Can AP play corner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wrizzo View Post
    i like your attitude... i hate your sig
    Oh cmon. The Gif is funny. Its a stupid rule and a stupid decision by MM and the Packers were lucky. But Jordy was awesome. I would love to know what he thought ("Maybe nobody notices the flag if I pick it up."

Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    Think of Ap and Rogers on the same team...Wow
    and Megatron!

vCash
    Well, Ponder was extremely limited in practice today... doesn't sound good.

vCash
    Not that he's an amazing talent or anything but if we're without Winfield, we'll probably go in with Brandon Burton active and playing CB. From what I know Sherels was only in there as a necessity as well down on the depth chart. We have a few questions with Tyrone McKenzie's health too (Could mean that we go with Audie Cole instead)

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    the only we way we can win with sherels in the line up is dominating the time of possesion and pounding them with our running game

vCash
    Supposedly Frazier was meeting with Webb and MBT after practice, which apparently never happens.

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast