Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Am I the only one who thinks we don't have a good team? I mean I am a fan and I love my Raiders, but we just aren't a good football team. We had bad management for years. If this were a real business this team would have been bankrupted and out of business because of the bad decisions. How many coaches have we had the past 12 years and how has that worked for us? For years I have seen people scream that we need continuity in the coaching staff and now we have people screaming that they want to get rid of a coach after the first year! The same thing they wanted to move away from.

Last year we had no money! We had no draft picks! We had to drop ballast so we could right the ship and had to play with a patch up team! This is Allens fault? This is RM's fault? He made a mistake with his choice in picking offensive coaches and he fired them and is now in search for getting someone who will work with our player's strengths. Man I am glad some of these people don't run the front office.

So, back to the question, when is enough? Three years! AFTER his contract is up! If he and Reggie have not made any progression, then you clean house. But man, give these cats a chance! Are some of you not familiar with this organizations recent history? We were a bad run football team.

vCash
    Visible Progression....The problem with this seasons team was how there were so many games where not only did we lose but, How we didn't even compete. So if we can get to the 7-9 or 8-8 range that would be a little more acceptble. Anything less than 6-10 though and he definitely has to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NavajoRaiderfan View Post
    The question remains though. Is Dennis Allen a great coach?

Based on overwhelming empirical evidence, thus far he's fallen far short- to the point he's already fired the OC that he just hired last year.

Based on that- I'd say any criticism against DA is well deserved and should not be considered as "hate".

It is what it is.

If it were me, I'd given DA his walking papers and gone after an HC with much experience.

As it were they got rid of Knapp. Fair enough,

Now, hire Norv Turner if you can. We need some real experience and talent in the coaching pool.
    Who starts out as a great coach.......seriously? You become a great coach,Walsh,Bellichick,Cowher....none of them came out the gate as a great coach,you also so need good players.

vCash
    Needs to get 7 wins & split division games. Can't only beat Chiefs. A win against Manning would be big for his future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDevil71 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks we don't have a good team? I mean I am a fan and I love my Raiders, but we just aren't a good football team. We had bad management for years. If this were a real business this team would have been bankrupted and out of business because of the bad decisions. How many coaches have we had the past 12 years and how has that worked for us? For years I have seen people scream that we need continuity in the coaching staff and now we have people screaming that they want to get rid of a coach after the first year! The same thing they wanted to move away from.

Last year we had no money! We had no draft picks! We had to drop ballast so we could right the ship and had to play with a patch up team! This is Allens fault? This is RM's fault? He made a mistake with his choice in picking offensive coaches and he fired them and is now in search for getting someone who will work with our player's strengths. Man I am glad some of these people don't run the front office.

So, back to the question, when is enough? Three years! AFTER his contract is up! If he and Reggie have not made any progression, then you clean house. But man, give these cats a chance! Are some of you not familiar with this organizations recent history? We were a bad run football team.
    This! This! This! Finally. Let the guy do his job. He was placed in a horrible situation and is an extremely young couch. Like you said let him get his players and the team he believes will bring this team success. The only way I see him get fired is if the team is totally non competive and we go 0-16. The roster isn't going to dramatically change in 2 seasons. I highly doubt they make playoffs next year although I hope they prove me wrong. I'm expecting anything from 5-7 wins. Maybe get back to 8-8. Give the guy his damn 3 years.

A foundation of a team takes time. As well as mid round pics are the foundation of a roster. You gotta give these kids time to develop. I'm sick of seeing coach after coach. The teams under new management and needs time. Let them develop. Jesus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiderLove View Post
    This! This! This! Finally. Let the guy do his job. He was placed in a horrible situation and is an extremely young couch. Like you said let him get his players and the team he believes will bring this team success. The only way I see him get fired is if the team is totally non competive and we go 0-16. The roster isn't going to dramatically change in 2 seasons. I highly doubt they make playoffs next year although I hope they prove me wrong. I'm expecting anything from 5-7 wins. Maybe get back to 8-8. Give the guy his damn 3 years.

A foundation of a team takes time. As well as mid round pics are the foundation of a roster. You gotta give these kids time to develop. I'm sick of seeing coach after coach. The teams under new management and needs time. Let them develop. Jesus.
    Exactly! I wasn't a fan of the DA hiring. But the bottom line, who really wanted to coach this team? I am very satisfied with the job he has done so far this year. This off season we will have money and draft picks. We are getting rid of players that run down this team and RM wants to bring in quality good character guys. It's going to take a few years. Like you I would love to see this team in the playoffs every year but right now we have to fix what is broken. The front office knows what is broken. But what really impressed me with Allen was when he dropped Knapp. Owned up it didn't work out. Likes the system Knapp brought but isn't married to it! What more do you want. He admitted to his mistakes and people want his head. In my opinion, Allen has two more years!

vCash
    Exactly! I wasn't a fan of the DA hiring. But the bottom line, who really wanted to coach this team? I am very satisfied with the job he has done so far this year. This off season we will have money and draft picks. We are getting rid of players that run down this team and RM wants to bring in quality good character guys. It's going to take a few years. Like you I would love to see this team in the playoffs every year but right now we have to fix what is broken. The front office knows what is broken. But what really impressed me with Allen was when he dropped Knapp. Owned up it didn't work out. Likes the system Knapp brought but isn't married to it! What more do you want. He admitted to his mistakes and people want his head. In my opinion, Allen has two more years!
    Agreed he's held himself accountable on knapp as he is preaching for the players to hold themselves accountable on their mistakes. Some of these so called fans see a bad record and believe he isn't doing a good job. But him and RM have been impressing me in the office getting rid of the "cancers" in the locker room and the dead weight. Last year, I was glad to see the most penatalized player in routt cut. As well a Wimbley. This year bye bye, Seymour, Kelly, DHB, and any other over payed Al Davis player. They've done a good job in the offices thus far. And to win games it takes time.
    Finally the team looks like it could be steering in the right direction after years of pain and fans want his head.

And back to the accountability. Idk if Pryor is the guy of the future. But love his leadership and watched an interview where he held HIMSELF 100% accountable for the loss. I was glad to see that. Was the game all his fault? No. But he's under center and he knows he should hold himsel accountable.

vCash

You are right on the money.

vCash
    This is going to come down to how effective we are in getting the right players on the squad. If RM feels that he brought in the people needed to have a winning season, then DA will need to at least end with a .500 record, or he'll be gone.

But if RM feels that for whatever reason we still have major holes at the start of next season due to forces outside of our control, then DA will be here, even if we manage only a 6-10 record.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiderLove View Post
    Agreed he's held himself accountable on knapp as he is preaching for the players to hold themselves accountable on their mistakes. Some of these so called fans see a bad record and believe he isn't doing a good job. But him and RM have been impressing me in the office getting rid of the "cancers" in the locker room and the dead weight. Last year, I was glad to see the most penatalized player in routt cut. As well a Wimbley. This year bye bye, Seymour, Kelly, DHB, and any other over payed Al Davis player. They've done a good job in the offices thus far. And to win games it takes time.
    Finally the team looks like it could be steering in the right direction after years of pain and fans want his head.

And back to the accountability. Idk if Pryor is the guy of the future. But love his leadership and watched an interview where he held HIMSELF 100% accountable for the loss. I was glad to see that. Was the game all his fault? No. But he's under center and he knows he should hold himsel accountable.
    Holding yourself accountable is what this organziation (DA/RM) are trying to build. Character guys! We never had that with Al Davis. TP's really impressed me the past few days and I think he is what the doctor ordered. He may not be the guy but he could be the guy right now.

You are right, there is a lot more work to be done. We need to make tough decisions and get rid of players. Some players that will be replaced by less talented players but we have to start somewhere. We are going to need to build this team through the draft and sign quality guys for the right money like Wheeler! I love that guy. Fans here may not like it, but it is what needs to be done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider in FL View Post
    You are right on the money.
    Thanks!

vCash

Couldn't agree more,it's frustrating to read people's frustrations not really knowing how this organization was being run and how it got us into the mess we're in now. Who's to say if Davis hadn't fired Gruden we wouldn't have had a SB ? This GM and coach deserve the time and patience it takes to build this team the RIGHT way and not the sloppy patchwork we as fans were used to seeing.

Couldn't agree more,it's frustrating to read people's frustrations not really knowing how this organization was being run and how it got us into the mess we're in now. Who's to say if Davis hadn't fired Gruden we wouldn't have had a SB ? This GM and coach deserve the time and patience it takes to build this team the RIGHT way and not the sloppy patchwork we as fans were used to seeing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Couldn't agree more,it's frustrating to read people's frustrations not really knowing how this organization was being run and how it got us into the mess we're in now. Who's to say if Davis hadn't fired Gruden we wouldn't have had a SB ? This GM and coach deserve the time and patience it takes to build this team the RIGHT way and not the sloppy patchwork we as fans were used to seeing

Watch out now Max...you might be a hater

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Who starts out as a great coach.......seriously? You become a great coach,Walsh,Bellichick,Cowher....none of them came out the gate as a great coach,you also so need good players.
    Yes. There's so many facets to the game that it'll take years of coaching here and there to begin to acquire the experience necessary. Having developed some players would also be an essential part of an HC's resume.

Walsh, Belicheat, and the Chin? That there is a pantheon and some of the younger up and comers like Josh McDaniels just don't have the experience those guys had when they became HC's.

I was and still am skeptical of having such an inexperienced staff.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NavajoRaiderfan View Post
    Yes. There's so many facets to the game that it'll take years of coaching here and there to begin to acquire the experience necessary. Having developed some players would also be an essential part of an HC's resume.

Walsh, Belicheat, and the Chin? That there is a pantheon and some of the younger up and comers like Josh McDaniels just don't have the experience those guys had when they became HC's.

I was and still am skeptical of having such an inexperienced staff.

I don't doubt your sentiments in regard to age, but he and Tarver did a damn good job shining the **** we had on defense when you look at the entire year.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast