Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillip Wheeler

vCash

Phillip Wheeler

Does anyone know if RM is interested in exploring a contract extension with him? Or do we look to draft a MLB in the later rounds.

vCash
    I don't see why he would be gone. We're pretty thin on players lol
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    I think RM was targeting him for an extension

[B]New York Yankees 27 World Championships.....need I say more?
    Oakland Raiders 3 Super Bowl Victories/rest of the AFC West 3 Super Bowl Wins

vCash
    Of course. Wheeler is the type of smart football player we want, not some dumb *** speedster overdrafted purple drankin always injured swag money balla type of player that Al Davis liked to overpay that ruined this franchise for years.

So yeah, Reggie signed him to a one year prove yourself deal, he's emerged as a veteran leader, and deserves a decent contract but nothing insane.

vCash
    Hey King...
    Im certain we will explore options a mike, But wheeler has played SAM all season and as far as I know has no MIKE experience so his retention though likely will not effect our needs at Mike.

Our Defense is an absolute mess, and I dont mean performance wise.

we only have two linebackers under contract for 2013..Burris and Mcclain.
    Mcclain will likely be traded or Cut ,so we have 1.

We only have two DBs under contrcat for 2013 and they both are overpayed and under perform...Huff/Branch...thats it.

We have 3 DEs under contract but two of them tolefson and Crawford havent done Jack..The One we do have is really a tackle...Houston.

and we have three DTs two of which wont escape the cutting block leaving only Bilukidi.

so heres our 2013 defense so far

Burris,Houston,Bilukidi, Crawford.Tolefson,huff,branch
    7 guys and only two are playing well,or up to there contracts....2.

the seas ahead look rough indeed.

vCash
    Not really SK, with some cap space, it means they can actually bring in guys to fit their vision and get a total overhaul on defense which is what's needed.

I actually hope those we move through most of the defensive players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Hey King...
    Im certain we will explore options a mike, But wheeler has played SAM all season and as far as I know has no MIKE experience so his retention though likely will not effect our needs at Mike.

Our Defense is an absolute mess, and I dont mean performance wise.

we only have two linebackers under contract for 2013..Burris and Mcclain.
    Mcclain will likely be traded or Cut ,so we have 1.

We only have two DBs under contrcat for 2013 and they both are overpayed and under perform...Huff/Branch...thats it.

We have 3 DEs under contract but two of them tolefson and Crawford havent done Jack..The One we do have is really a tackle...Houston.

and we have three DTs two of which wont escape the cutting block leaving only Bilukidi.

so heres our 2013 defense so far

Burris,Houston,Bilukidi, Crawford.Tolefson,huff,branch
    7 guys and only two are playing well,or up to there contracts....2.

the seas ahead look rough indeed.
    I thought Wheeler was filling in for McClain at MLB in the nickel packages and took over play calling duty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    I thought Wheeler was filling in for McClain at MLB in the nickel packages and took over play calling duty
    Yes, but he is not the MLB in the base defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Yes, but he is not the MLB in the base defense
    Yeah did know that, should have clarified haha

vCash
    I have to be honest....I stopped paying much attention after the Ravens game.
    the games have been tuned in, but I have been tuned out(lol).

I thought Burris had taken over Nickle mike duties a long time ago? What happened with that?
    @ fish, I dont want another 18-19 free agents on one year contracts again...at some point you have to make some decisions.
    having that many roster spots open is NEVER a good thing, it destroys any continuity from one season to the next.

vCash
    He should be here next season

vCash
    he should be back on a 4 year deal with reasonable money.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    I know, but we had no money to work with last year so the pool of players we were choosing form was backup backups and practice squad journeymen. I think we have seen whom deserves to stay, and will need another year of one year contracts simply because we had no draft so our depth is crap. It takes a few years to build depth through the draft with smart football players. The type of players we will be looking at this year will be starter's that fill roles.

And given we had no continuity this year, we have nothing to loose next. RM had to see what he had on the current roster this year, and we saw we have a bunch of quitters and terrible players. The reality is our roster is 2 years away and our past success was a result of a terrible division and a solid running game.

vCash
    Wheeler and his Bentley convertible will be back along with a shinny new Mike.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyTeam View Post
    Wheeler and his Bentley convertible will be back along with a shinny new Mike.
    Agreed with probably Manti Teo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast