Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The case against Saunders

It seems as though Al Saunders will become the Raiders offensive coordinator and some people seem happy about that. I am not one of them. Al Saunders has spent 7 seasons in the NFL as an offensive coordinator. Out of those 7 seasons, only 2 were winning seasons. Norv Turner has also spent 7 years as an offensive coordinator and has 5 winning seasons. The math is simple. Give us Norv.

vCash
    I think if they hire Saunders they're settling or giving way to much leaway to what Mcfadden wants. I hope this isn't true.

vCash
    Idk im still on Saunders bandwwgon until i hear of a better candidate that actually wants to come coach in Oakland...just MO though
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Settling with someone who has had success in the role with the team and knows the personnel. He is way better than any realistic candidate. No way Norv comes back here anyways. He will be getting way better offers.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHoleSon View Post
    It seems as though Al Saunders will become the Raiders offensive coordinator and some people seem happy about that. I am not one of them. Al Saunders has spent 7 seasons in the NFL as an offensive coordinator. Out of those 7 seasons, only 2 were winning seasons. Norv Turner has also spent 7 years as an offensive coordinator and has 5 winning seasons. The math is simple. Give us Norv.
    I don`t see a problem here, most everyone here supports a quarterback who has nothing but losing on his resume.

Without a new qb, it doesn`t matter what coordinator comes to town, we`re doomed. Most of the residents have not a clue, not me i know better.

Allen gets fired after 2013 with Palmer under center, forever mark my words.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHoleSon View Post
    That is not true at all..when he waz OC under Shottenheimer in KC they want to the playoffs nearly every year from 1989-98. He also went in 2003 with the Chiefs when they had the Number 1 offense.

The man is a legend when it comes to the vertical passing game. His one year as oc (although not a playcaller) we had a top 10 ofc. If we go vert offense..keep him if not tben go to the wco guys..

[B]New York Yankees 27 World Championships.....need I say more?
    Oakland Raiders 3 Super Bowl Victories/rest of the AFC West 3 Super Bowl Wins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    I don`t see a problem here, most everyone here supports a quarterback who has nothing but losing on his resume.

Without a new qb, it doesn`t matter what coordinator comes to town, we`re doomed. Most of the residents have not a clue, not me i know better.

Allen gets fired after 2013 with Palmer under center, forever mark my words.
    Haha...Yea thats not gonna happen! still on the #palmersfault bandwagon huh lol

vCash
    Wait, who says Norv will come here? I would love to have Norv as the OC, but why assume that he will come here over the other teams who will most likely offer him the same position? Saunders is most likely the best we can get with experience and I'll gladly take him over what we had. He should have been the OC this past season anyways.

Norv being the OC is like Gruden becoming HC again. Who says they would even want to come here? We want them, but do they want the Raiders?

McGOAT

vCash
    My only issue with a Saunders hire is that he was hired last year specifically to guard against our offense taking a huge step backwards and provide continuity. The problems in the running game notwithstanding, we still had far too many games where our passing schemes looked pedestrian. I can't just saddle Knapp with fault. Every person with key input gets part of the blame in my book, and yes, that includes Saunders. He wasn't just there twiddling his thumbs.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Since when does a offensive coordinators record matter? I wanna know what his offensive ranking was in passing, rushing and total offense. I wanna know what his scoring average was, what his red zone scoring is. I remember what he did with Preist Holmes in KC and D MAC in 2011. So I'm good with Al Saunders...I just hope a great O line coach comes in.

vCash

vCash
    I'm hoping we look elsewhere for our OC...someone younger. Someone who hasn't already been on the team for a couple of years without contributing a thing.

Saunders' presence here the last couple of years has been a bit of mystery to me.

-Stork

vCash
    Exactly! Nuff said, thank you very much for your input RaidIke37 lol...
    Last edited by bigjunior559; 01-04-2013 at 10:43 PM.

vCash
    One of two things

1) No self respecting credible experienced OC wants to work under DA

2) RM and DA think all credible experienced OC candidates are overhyped

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Hiring Saunders would be DA admitting he doesn't know what he's doing. WHy not hire Saunders sooner? He'll go with someone else.

Although the hire would be suspect to some people, the more and more I think about Pep Hamilton from Stanford..I hope Reggie takes a shot on him.

They already got Tarver from Stanford but who cares? His future seems bright. So does Pep's and he too has NFL coaching experience. He's ***** out game plans with Jim Harbaugh & helped coach Andrew Luck (QB coach/OC). And when his offense gets into the red zone - they usually score. A lot.
    Last edited by chucklemethis; 01-05-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast