Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 111 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    vCash
    What you people think about a Derrick Williams for Marshoon Brooks swap?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UPRock View Post
    What you people think about a Derrick Williams for Marshoon Brooks swap?
    No thanks. He seems like a bit of a chucker to me.

vCash
    The Wolves season is quickly going down hill. Wolves fans are quickly going to jump on the bandwagon of getting DWill minutes. If Marshon Brooks is what Williams value is now, then you might as well give him a lot of minutes in a busted season to see if his value can increase, or if he can become a valuable player for the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I didn't ever say that complaining wasn't commonplace amongst stars, but there are three important points to go with that: (1. Just because it happens doesn't mean I'll accept it or root for a guy who whines more than he plays defense (2. I hate superstar calls and it really diminishes my enjoyment in watching the NBA and (3. Love is neither athletic enough to get back on defense after a bout of whining nor respected enough to attain the calls so that he unlike other stars plays just hurts his team every time he plants his feet and opens his mouth.
    It seems you have made your mind up regarding Love.

A bi-product of marketing and making money is having more money available to spend on deals and thus, putting both a better and more entertaining product on the court. Whatever the reason, Love is locked up for 3 years and Rubio will not be offered an extension for another 2.
    I understand business. Is Rubio worth investing as a franchise player, with his ridiculous limitations? I understand everyone here loves him, so I expect to be knocked for actually calling out his game.

I'm going to use your own past argument against you here and that is to say that European coaches don't develop their players the way that the American system does. I will add on the usual draft scout note that "he can pick up a jump shot later." No one is offering Rubio a five year max contract today, but look at the difference that he makes on defense, the kind of high-percentage shot creating passes he is capable of throwing, and his own personality and demeanor. Those are things that pull a team together and cover up for everyone in a manner similar to AK. Sure, Love can get better on defense and as a team mate, but how much can we really expect him to change versus how much can we expect muscle memory eventually to catch hold and get Rubio shooting decent (and taking shots)?
    Difference is, most Euros that come here are shooters. Rubio is horrific in that category. Can he develop that? meh, I don't think so. The noise that came out after Love got 4 years was that Rubio was the goal to give that deal to. That can't be denied.

Drawing from the above, Rubio is just not working on his shot after years of playing professionally in Spain with broken form. The results are not going to be instantaneous. Further, he is in an odd place right now coming back from injury unsure of himself and unwilling to take shots that a healthy Rubio may have. Not to mention that whatever time he spent during rehab shooting is still different from what he's going to do in-game because he wasn't moving or putting a lot of pressure on his knees.
    You are telling me things I already know. My problem with Kahn's decision is, he took a gamble on a young player who is polarizing, and just delightful over a sure star. You guys can hate away on my opinion, but Rubio will never sniff Love's actual impact on a basketball game. Sorry.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I think Rubio has gotten to the polarizing point now that most are overrating him, but Hawk may be underrating him just a tad. I agree that he is a pretty aweful scorer, but he is elite at getting others involved, and getting people good looks. Last year, his teammates was near the bottom in FG$% on potential Rubio assists if I'm not mistaken and he was near the top in terms of getting teammates shots at the rim.

The scouting report on Rubio was always "make him shoot, he can't shoot" yet he was still able to get people open shots. He still can't score, but what he was able to do was draw fouls and get to the FT line at a decent rate. If he can get back to that (which I think he will in due time) then he is, for now, a passable option offensively.

If he can develop a jumpshot even close to what Rondo has developed, as well as a decent floater/runner in traffic, he will be a star. His defense, once he gets to full strength is an incredible asset, his passing instincts and his ability to draw fouls alone make him a viable starting point guard.

For the record, I do think Love is still the most important guy on our team and by a wide margin. Thats assuming he's closer to what he was last year, than this year. If he can be a 22 and 12 guy on the efficiency we are used to, then hes still THE MAN on this squad and any squad we are going to have a chance at making noise with.

vCash
    Rubio is awesome at raising others games. But his complete lack of ability to score now negates that offensively. This is why statistically, it doesn't matter on offense if he is on the floor or not. His true worth from an impact standpoint comes on defense.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    No argument there. Right now he is useless offensively, but I do believe that when he gets his legs under him he will at least get better at drawing fouls and getting to the stripe and hopefully making a freaking layup.

vCash
    I'm sure Hawk and I could go back and forth about Love, Rubio and others for days, but I will just draw it back to a couple years ago and the bias that we both carry with us. Hawk saw Love as capable of being a star caliber player, correct? I though he was a very good basketball player but didn't want to build around him. I again find myself back at that point where I just don't think he's the player to build around.

I don't know how much we all need to labor this. We all have our opinions and have stated our cases. Maybe now we can move on to more unifying topics?

vCash
    A couple of facts for me to state...

this is a lost season with all the injuries.

Kahn's job may be on the line

With those two facts, I want to state that I think Kahn has done an adequate job of rebuilding the team. I am a supporter of Kahn...however, I could very well lose my respect for Kahn, if he does try to salvage the season, and trades Williams. I have not been a supporter of Williams in the past, but I try to be a reasonable fan, and things can change my mind. Williams play of late, has changed my opinion on him, and I think he shows good promise as a young player. If Kahn tries to salvage his job by trading Williams, then I lose my respect for Kahn...I have come to grips with this being a lost season, what can be salvaged out of it, is the emergence of Shved and Williams...if Kahn lets one of those guys goes in an attempt to salvage his own job, I am done with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I'm sure Hawk and I could go back and forth about Love, Rubio and others for days, but I will just draw it back to a couple years ago and the bias that we both carry with us. Hawk saw Love as capable of being a star caliber player, correct? I though he was a very good basketball player but didn't want to build around him. I again find myself back at that point where I just don't think he's the player to build around.

I don't know how much we all need to labor this. We all have our opinions and have stated our cases. Maybe now we can move on to more unifying topics?
    As I said maybe in this thread or is it over already, the worst part about this collapse, the injuries, Love's comments, etc, is that it has made us start arguing over the most petty crap ever. We all know why this season is in the tank. Injuries to key players. Period. End of story. We are fighting over our small differences, due to frustration. I am fine with backing off this stupid argument. Love is irrelevant this season. I will stop even sticking up for him since his body of work this season, while a short sample size of injured play, was not great. But I contend he will go right back to being a top 10 player in the league next season. Everyone here knows we aren't trading him, so he should really just be a subject not worried about. Rubio on the other hand, is also having a lost season, SO FAR. I do think he gets his legs under him later in the season. But until he proves he is not a complete liability on the offensive end when it comes to being accountable for scoring when needed, his impact comes on the defensive end. That is my personal opinion, stats back it up, and I will leave it alone at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    A couple of facts for me to state...

this is a lost season with all the injuries.

Kahn's job may be on the line

With those two facts, I want to state that I think Kahn has done an adequate job of rebuilding the team. I am a supporter of Kahn...however, I could very well lose my respect for Kahn, if he does try to salvage the season, and trades Williams. I have not been a supporter of Williams in the past, but I try to be a reasonable fan, and things can change my mind. Williams play of late, has changed my opinion on him, and I think he shows good promise as a young player. If Kahn tries to salvage his job by trading Williams, then I lose my respect for Kahn...I have come to grips with this being a lost season, what can be salvaged out of it, is the emergence of Shved and Williams...if Kahn lets one of those guys goes in an attempt to salvage his own job, I am done with him.
    I am with yo to an extent. I don't hold him responsible for the Flynn pick, he shouldn't have been drafting anyways, and Taylor drug his feet so long we didn't get a coach or staff built by the time the draft came. Rubio was an obvious pick, a monkey would have made that pick. He is an awful drafter. Just terrible. But he does everything else well. I just don't think he understands value in the league. Trading picks for players with upcoming extensions needed, using a draft to pay off Rambis, his mistake in the first place, and I could go on and on.

He is a below average GM.

vCash
    I wonder when we smarten up and start DWill to keep DC on the bench where he belongs?

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Sounds like we may be down AK, Shved and Hayword for this game due to illness - that will be a fun game...

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    They'll be back for tonight, but this illness thing is happening too often..

Wolves United

vCash
    We should buy them Aronia juice, I drink 0,33l every morning and haven't been ill for God knows how long

Wolves United

Page 9 of 111 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast