Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 128 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by howiend View Post
    at this point w/our injuries it would make NO sense to trade pek and dwill for varajaeo - i see NO way that is happening. when i turned on the game last night and our front court was amundson steimsma and dwill and we want to trade pek and dwill for varajaeo...HUH?!?!?!
    I agree this won't happen. I personally hope it doesn't. We have to many needs to anyways and this trade won't make us better or help us improve in other areas. I hate to say it but this season is starting to look like it will be another rebuilding year...

vCash
    All right, so lets say Pek gets an offer from Portland for near max money, and we don't match it. AK has an option to leave next year - and the way he is playing he will easily get someone to give him 3-4 years at $10M+/yr so he may bolt. The team has options on Steaming pile and DC. So next year's roster looks like this:

PG - Rubio (great defender, terrible shooter)
    PG/SG - Loompa (streaky shooter like Anthony Peeler (copyright Hawkeye))
    PG/SG - Luke (Aging PG with rapdily diminishing skills)
    PG/IR - Lee (overrated defender with an average handle)
    SG - Shved (streaky shooter, good defender)
    PF - Williams (seems to be affected by gravity more significantly than others)
    SF/PF - Cuningham (serviceable role player)
    PC/C - Love (unhappy bordering on miserable 'star')
    Future Sandwich maker - Steamer (one dimensional to no dimensional player)

I don't care who has career years form the lineup, nothing good is coming out of that nine. And here's the best news: that lineup costs $47,200,870! That's leaves less than $11M in cap space to add a starting center, a starting SF, a backup center, a backup SF. We could decline Steimsma and DC to get $5M back, but that won't help much.

All of that is to say this: Pek, AK, Williams, and Loompa are the only players outside of Love and Ricky that have trade value. We control D Will (2016) and JJ (2015) for a few more years, and can recoup some value later if necessary. But losing Pek and AK without getting value would kill this team. If Pek isn't going to sign with us, we need to move him and AK now to get value back. If we can deal Pek, AK and D Will in some combination to get a SF and starting center I think we need to do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    All right, so lets say Pek gets an offer from Portland for near max money, and we don't match it. AK has an option to leave next year - and the way he is playing he will easily get someone to give him 3-4 years at $10M+/yr so he may bolt. The team has options on Steaming pile and DC. So next year's roster looks like this:

PG - Rubio (great defender, terrible shooter)
    PG/SG - Loompa (streaky shooter like Anthony Peeler (copyright Hawkeye))
    PG/SG - Luke (Aging PG with rapdily diminishing skills)
    PG/IR - Lee (overrated defender with an average handle)
    SG - Shved (streaky shooter, good defender)
    PF - Williams (seems to be affected by gravity more significantly than others)
    SF/PF - Cuningham (serviceable role player)
    PC/C - Love (unhappy bordering on miserable 'star')
    Future Sandwich maker - Steamer (one dimensional to no dimensional player)

I don't care who has career years form the lineup, nothing good is coming out of that nine. And here's the best news: that lineup costs $47,200,870! That's leaves less than $11M in cap space to add a starting center, a starting SF, a backup center, a backup SF. We could decline Steimsma and DC to get $5M back, but that won't help much.

All of that is to say this: Pek, AK, Williams, and Loompa are the only players outside of Love and Ricky that have trade value. We control D Will (2016) and JJ (2015) for a few more years, and can recoup some value later if necessary. But losing Pek and AK without getting value would kill this team. If Pek isn't going to sign with us, we need to move him and AK now to get value back. If we can deal Pek, AK and D Will in some combination to get a SF and starting center I think we need to do it.
    I represent the opposite school of thought i.e. your star needs to produce. That can either be wins or that can be players in a trade.

We have plenty of good quality complimentary players who simply need a leader. Pek gets so underrated at times as a top 5 scorer at the center position with a fairly good differential in offensive rating over defensive rating. AK is the epitome of a utility player. Shved and Ricky are gamers. Williams is a nice trade chip, but he's also potentially a valuable change-up off of the bench.

No matter who we trade, it seems we are unlikely to get fair value. At this point, I wouldn't rush into anything, but I also wouldn't count anything and I mean anything out.

vCash
    ^ Agreed!

Wolves United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsfan24 View Post
    I agree this won't happen. I personally hope it doesn't. We have to many needs to anyways and this trade won't make us better or help us improve in other areas. I hate to say it but this season is starting to look like it will be another rebuilding year...
    more like a healing year...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    more like a healing year...
    more like an injuring year...

Wolves United

vCash
    Any word on where BRoy's at in delaying the inevitable?

vCash
    Kahn said he will be making the next road trip. Roy wants to hold off until he is pain free, or close to it, before going back on the court.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wanderingeyes View Post
    Kahn said he will be making the next road trip. Roy wants to hold off until he is pain free, or close to it, before going back on the court.
    Then he should just retire. There is no chance we are keeping him past this year as a player right? Maybe coaching gig? but i mean, YOU STILL HAVE 50-70 YEARS OF YOUR LIFE, WHY DESTROY YOUR KNEES MORE.

vCash
    Kevin Love expected to be out 8-10 weeks after having hand surgery on his right hand next week
    http://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/st...05237439049728

vCash
    Also:

Adelman officially out tonight, per #Twolves release. Repeating my tweet 2 hours ago: he could be gone for a while, I'm told.
    http://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/sta...07429726244866

vCash
    ^Also according to Wolfson, he may not come back at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    ^Also according to Wolfson, he may not come back at all.
    Jeez. I thought you were being sarcastic at first til I saw that myself.

vCash
    It is hard to be a fan of this franchise.

vCash
    Hope everything is okay with Adelman's family as it doesn't appear to be him according to reports.

Page 4 of 128 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast