Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 157 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think we are over thinking the Lazar signing. All he is, is a healthy body that is capable of giving some minutes, which is really all we are looking for. Players like Donte Greene, or James Anderson may have more potential, but we are not signing these free agents to multi-year deals...so potential should have nothing to do with the signings.

With that said, Dequan Cook is rumored to be released soon. That guy would maybe fit better than Lazar...but again, we are splitting hairs with guys who will have multiple DNP's, and will only average around 5 minutes per game in the games they do play.

Earlier in the season, when we signed Josh Howard, there were players still out there that could have been solid contributors throughout the season, such as Howard himself, and then, the guy who I wanted, Mikael Pietrus.

vCash
    oh.my.fkn.god. why does the timberwolves FO hate it's fans so much.

wolves have had multiple discussions with childress.

you've got your defensive-minded sg/sf in hayward. please opt for the shooter in cook this time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    oh.my.fkn.god. why does the timberwolves FO hate it's fans so much.

wolves have had multiple discussions with childress.

you've got your defensive-minded sg/sf in hayward. please opt for the shooter in cook this time.
    really? We are talking about our 13th or 14th or 15th man here...and you would be disappointed if that was Childress?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    really? We are talking about our 13th or 14th or 15th man here...and you would be disappointed if that was Childress?
    how do you figure.

roy/lee/chase(/rubio?) out indefinately means he becomes 11th/12th by default.

and yeah, i would be disappointed. we need shooters at the wings (i.e. anderson, cook, etc.). i could maybe understand if we went after a defensive minded smaller guard, since we get murdered there all game, every game. i don't however see the purpose in signing a gritty small forward who was massively overrated in his prime and apparently still at present, cannot shoot, and cannot play the 2 guard, despite what some may argue.

vCash
    Contribution, regardless of skill set. That is what I believe any team needs. Should we get rid of Pekovic for someone like Kendrick Perkins because we need interior defense? Of course not. It is about who is the better player...regardless of skill set. Yes, we need a SG, but, right now, we are talking about players who no one wants (otherwise they would have a team), so...do you take the better player in FA regardless of position, or do you take the bottom of the bottom to play 3 minutes for you? You take the guy who you think can contribute the most.

vCash
    I have to agree with ellington on this one. The kind of player we are picking up is a role player and so we are going to be more focused on those 1 or 2 particular skills that they bring despite all their negatives that have left them teamless so far. We are 30th in the league in 3pt shooting. That needs to be addressed.

As far as Lazar, he looks better than I remembered so maybe slimming down and working on his handle has made him a decent enough player to keep. I would assume that his contract is non-guaranteed though so we could probably waive him at any time.

vCash
    Every time I come to PSD I have to see links to Brad Miller, Darko, Martell and Wes. I think not updating our roster on PSD is killing our luck.

Actually if we could just get rid of Darko I would be OK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    Every time I come to PSD I have to see links to Brad Miller, Darko, Martell and Wes. I think not updating our roster on PSD is killing our luck.

Amen.

vCash

LOL no idea what you're talking about. I have Minnesota forum bookmarked, it's all I use. And I occasionally check the main NBA forum.

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I have to agree with ellington on this one. The kind of player we are picking up is a role player and so we are going to be more focused on those 1 or 2 particular skills that they bring despite all their negatives that have left them teamless so far. We are 30th in the league in 3pt shooting. That needs to be addressed.

As far as Lazar, he looks better than I remembered so maybe slimming down and working on his handle has made him a decent enough player to keep. I would assume that his contract is non-guaranteed though so we could probably waive him at any time.
    precisely.

a perfect example is last nights game against the jazz. we shot something like 2 of 16 (?) from deep.

in that scenario, you can bring in an anderson or cook type, and hopefully they can knock down some shots and gain some momentum for the team. if not, you bench them.

i just don't see what positives childress would add to this team.

moving on to something more exciting - how long do we think love will hang around? and what can we get for him? has his trade value dipped in his recent form slump?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    LOL no idea what you're talking about. I have Minnesota forum bookmarked, it's all I use. And I occasionally check the main NBA forum.
    Its in the top left of the wolves news page

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nba/timberwolves/

Seems like an update is in order

vCash
    Its in the top left of the wolves news page

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nba/timberwolves/

Seems like an update is in order
    dude, I asked forever ago. Never happening

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    dude, I asked forever ago. Never happening
    Then I want my money back! That **** is jinxing us. All right, I'm done.

vCash
    Ricky's out again tonight. Love out too, but figured such.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/185749601.html

vCash
    Lazar was just waved. What are they up to know? CDR was also released earlier. Do they bring in Frenchy like we thought they were going to do???

Page 2 of 157 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast