Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Lol @ "filling holes" with 70 million. Oy vie!
    1b- Tex $23.125
    2b- Cano- $20
    SS- Jetet- $17
    3b- A-Rod $26
    C- Rommine- $.4
    LF- Gardner $1
    CF- FA $10
    RF- Ichiaro $6.5
    DH- FA $10
    SP- CC $23
    SP- Pineda $2 (Assume he recovers to his former status)
    SP- FA $12
    SP- FA $12
    SP- Nova $1
    Closer- FA $13

That is $177.025 and you still need a bench and bullpen. If they try and do better at some of those positions or Pineda can't come back then it will be really hard for the Yankees to stay under $189 million sign Cano and be somewhat decent.

vCash
    2014/2015 is probably when they hope Sanchez, Williams, Austin, and Banuelos can make an impact on the MLB roster. They also probably would look inside for bench options like Romine, Nunez, Adams, Joseph, Dugas...They have a pretty interesting farm system with tons of arms so I imagine they'll make that shift to 2014's payroll with some interesting young players helping out the older but still highly talented veterans. Ho-hum to the Yankees if a couple of those 4 hit and the bench and bullpen options add some speed and energy. They made a great hire for their farm system with Jim Hendry, the guy who built the Cubs' top system from last decade before becoming GM.

vCash
    Sorry if this has already been discussed...

MLB Network is doing their Top 50 2013 spec countdown right now. Soler and Almora came in at 44 and 39 respectively, and then they went ahead and talked about neither of them. Chatting instead about Rosenthal from the Cardinals and some other guy I dont care about.

vCash
    wait until they get to Baez and #16 and don't talk about him either.

vCash
    Baez at 16, not a single word about him. Danny Hueltzen is apparently far more intriguing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Baez at 16, not a single word about him. Danny Hueltzen is apparently far more intriguing.
    Yeah I started a whole thread on Baez being the number 16 overall prospect a few days ago. Very Promising.
    We Found Bin Ladedn We found Saddam Hussien, We know who Shot JR. Where the hell is this Plane?????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Yeah I started a whole thread on Baez being the number 16 overall prospect a few days ago. Very Promising.
    not you, ****in MLB network anchors seem to find every other prospect more interesting than the Cubs top 3, since they don't even mention one word about them, other than while counting them down and the quick teleprompter text about them.

vCash
    Bruce Miles, elaborating on an earlier series of tweets:

Fans definitely want to know what players would be at Kane County. The Cubs aren’t committing to that yet, but as I tweeted, McLeod did let an “Almora” slip during our media session. (He was setting up a hypothetical.) That would be last year’s No. 1 pick, Albert Almora, a center fielder. The brass termed him a “plus defender now” last night, and I’d bet on him starting the season at Kane County. Last month at the Northwestern minicamp, McLeod indicated that outfielder Jorge Soler would start at Class A Daytona because the Cubs want to push him. That could change.

“I don’t think that would be fair to the players yet,” McLeod said of announcing who would be where at this point. “We’d like them to come in and challenge each other at spring training. It is easy to look at the Boise roster and assume that those guys will be here because they had such a good season last year. We want our guys to come in hungry. We don’t want them to come in and say, ‘OK, I’m penciled in to this certain affiliate.’ We want them to come in and really strive to go above and beyond. We want all our players to come in and think, ‘I’m going to make that (high-A) Daytona team.’ We want them to come in hungry and challenge the guys that’s in front of them.”

With Anthony Rizzo ensconced at first base, fans wanted to know if big Dan Vogelbach would be moved to the outfield. The brass was unanimous in indicating that’s not likely to happen. Vogelbach, the second-rounder in 2011, is listed at 6 feet and 250 pounds, and mobility could be an issue.

On the other hand, all of the Cubs people said they loved Vogelbach’s leadership ability, along with that of Almora. “Vogelbach is the best teammate you could ever have,” Johnson said. “Vogelbach and Almora could be team captains all the way to the big leagues.”

On 2011 top pick Javier Baez, the Cubs say they believe he is more advanced in the field at shortstop than Starlin Castro was at the same age (20). At the same time, McLeod cautioned: “We are not in the process of rushing guys.” Baez, by the way, will be a nonroster invitee to spring training.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A New Era View Post
    not you, ****in MLB network anchors seem to find every other prospect more interesting than the Cubs top 3, since they don't even mention one word about them, other than while counting them down and the quick teleprompter text about them.
    gotcha...I think I misunderstood what t3 was saying.
    We Found Bin Ladedn We found Saddam Hussien, We know who Shot JR. Where the hell is this Plane?????

vCash
    I suspect both Soler and Baez will be in Daytona, as they probably should be.

Almora and Vogelbach could be in Daytona by the second half, but I expect both to be at Kane County.

vCash
    Bold prediction here, but the must see guy in this system this year is going to be Juan Carlos Paniagua. All I can tell you is that the Yankees management was absolutely furious when their deal with him fell apart. I was told that emotion once again hit a boiling point when the Cubs front office came in with the big bucks, something New York was blindsided by. In other words the Yankees, amongst many, believed that this kid was legit. To put that into perspective I talked to a scout in New York that said he'd have Paniagua as the Cubs second best prospect, only after Soler.

vCash
    Paniagua's gonna be 23 for Opening Day. I wonder if he gets a cup of coffee at the end of the year. He's gonna move really fast.

vCash
    It's been posted but seriously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhNbZlBVy9E

FF it 33 seconds in for the CF cam. That swing is perty from any angle, but the CF cam shot really captures the athleticism in that swing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobias View Post
    Bold prediction here, but the must see guy in this system this year is going to be Juan Carlos Paniagua. All I can tell you is that the Yankees management was absolutely furious when their deal with him fell apart. I was told that emotion once again hit a boiling point when the Cubs front office came in with the big bucks, something New York was blindsided by. In other words the Yankees, amongst many, believed that this kid was legit. To put that into perspective I talked to a scout in New York that said he'd have Paniagua as the Cubs second best prospect, only after Soler.
    So this NY scout ranks the Cubs top 3 prospects as Soler, Paniagua, and Baez?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    It's been posted but seriously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhNbZlBVy9E

FF it 33 seconds in for the CF cam. That swing is perty from any angle, but the CF cam shot really captures the athleticism in that swing.
    ****...that is sweet!!!