Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhall2fresh View Post
    I know we have Darwin Barney at Second what do you think about about Robison Cano at second next yr as he is a free agent. He's the only player that I would give big money to. Oh and theres phillip Hughes also. I bet the yankees sign Cano before he evers hit the market. Thats just our luck
    cano will be wanting a longer term deal than we are willing to give...plain and simple

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    cano will be wanting a longer term deal than we are willing to give...plain and simple
    #everyFAever

vCash
    Cano would be a guy you go overboard on. Not every FA has to be a good deal. Sometimes you have to overpay for talent.

vCash
    I'm pretty excited that we'll get to see Baez in spring training but there isn't a chance in hell that he'll make the roster out of spring training.

vCash
    The Yankees would be in pretty bad shape going forward without Cano but I wonder how many more very expensive near full-market extensions they will be able to handle. I almost wonder if Cano hits free agency ala CC just to drive the price up on them if he isn't happy with their extension offers.

Since his first year in his next contract will be his age 32 season, I don't see him as a reasonable signing for the Cubs. Maybe I'm wrong. If they can get him on 4 years, I wouldn't care if it's expensive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I'm pretty excited that we'll get to see Baez in spring training but there isn't a chance in hell that he'll make the roster out of spring training.
    Agreed but that's what the question is for...I think they have said that there is no chance he makes the team outta spring training.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Given his struggles in the AZL fall league to adjust to advanced pitching, I think Baez is still a couple seasons away.

vCash
    Funny to say this, but as they try to stick to 189M there is absolutely no way the Yankees can logistically give Cano enough money and not ruin the rest of their team. The Yankees don't have enough money

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Cano would be a guy you go overboard on. Not every FA has to be a good deal. Sometimes you have to overpay for talent.
    i agree that was not my point... my point is i don't know if the FO has the nuts to do it basically...

We are the Cubs and we can handle a top 5 payroll if we wanted to... doesn't mean i think we should have a top 5 payroll just saying we COULD do it... especially with the upcoming TV deals and possibly more revenue when the stadium is fully renovated.

Cano is a guy I would overpay for especially if he is willing and able to play 3B.... rizzo, cano, castro, and baez would be a pretty sweet infield even if Baez turned into being just average

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terencem View Post
    Given his struggles in the AZL fall league to adjust to advanced pitching, I think Baez is still a couple seasons away.
    I agree. But as Brett from bleacher nation said, the Cubs seem to preparing for a Manny Machado situation, which would require the Cubs to be in contention through September. Don't see it, but that would be awesome.

It's cool that he got an invite. Hopefully we can catch him on one of the early televised spring games.

vCash
    Bruce Miles:

Kane County mgr Mark Johnson on prospects playing in Chicago market: ”They don't even know what a market is.”
    #Cubs Jason McLeod wouldn't commit to players at Kane County but did let an "Almora" slip

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    I want Almora to start in Kane County anyway. With some luck he's opening next year in AA.

vCash
    Saw on the CCO that Mcleod said Baez is more advanced as a SS than Castro at that age.

If Baez remains a Cub, I still don't think there's any way Castro is the one who moves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadsRule View Post
    Saw on the CCO that Mcleod said Baez is more advanced as a SS than Castro at that age.

If Baez remains a Cub, I still don't think there's any way Castro is the one who moves.
    It really depends on how they both develop. Castro still isn't a guy who you absolutely have to have defensively at short, though he has the tools.

They must have had a dozen quotes this offseason that seem to be laying the groundwork for fast-tracking Baez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    It really depends on how they both develop. Castro still isn't a guy who you absolutely have to have defensively at short, though he has the tools.

They must have had a dozen quotes this offseason that seem to be laying the groundwork for fast-tracking Baez.
    I think there would be risks involved in moving Castro for a guy who doesn't project to be a gold glove caliber defender, himself. If we're talking Hak Ju Lee or, say, Francisco Lindor, who are safe-ish prospects that project very well with the glove, then I could see it. Also, power will be the main thing with Baez, and I wouldn't be against seeing him beef up even more.

And yeah, their actions and words about Baez might be the most interesting part of the offseason for me.