Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 22 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 2277
  1. #316
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,039
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    It's pretty extreme best-case-scenario, but it's not unrealistic at all.
    Could realistic for the next two years, at that. Those 4 potential guys are all way young.

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,372
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    It's pretty extreme best-case-scenario, but it's not unrealistic at all.
    I do highly doubt that our #2 pick in 2013 would be in the top 20 by this time next year, but otherwise, yea.

  3. #318
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,086
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    I do highly doubt that our #2 pick in 2013 would be in the top 20 by this time next year, but otherwise, yea.
    It wouldn't be that shocking to see him there, in fact, it should almost be expected. Hultzen was #25 in 2012 in Sickles rankings, #21 by BA (2011 #2 pick), Zunino is #23 on MLB.com's list, #27 on Topprospectalert.com, #20 on SeedingStars.com (#2 pick 2012), Jameson Tailon was #18 on MLB.com's list in 2011, #11 by BA in 2011 (#2 pick in 2010), Dustin Ackley was #15 on MLB.com's list in 2010, #11 by BA (2009 #2 pick), Pedro Alvarez was #9 on BA's list in 2009 (#2 pick in 2008).....

    In fact, if our number 2 overall pick in 2013 wasn't sitting somewhere right around the #20 ranking in 2014, something would have had to have gone shockingly bad.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  4. #319
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,372
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    It wouldn't be that shocking to see him there, in fact, it should almost be expected. Hultzen was #25 in 2012 in Sickles rankings, #21 by BA (2011 #2 pick), Zunino is #23 on MLB.com's list, #27 on Topprospectalert.com, #20 on SeedingStars.com (#2 pick 2012), Jameson Tailon was #18 on MLB.com's list in 2011, #11 by BA in 2011 (#2 pick in 2010), Dustin Ackley was #15 on MLB.com's list in 2010, #11 by BA (2009 #2 pick), Pedro Alvarez was #9 on BA's list in 2009 (#2 pick in 2008).....

    In fact, if our number 2 overall pick in 2013 wasn't sitting somewhere right around the #20 ranking in 2014, something would have had to have gone shockingly bad.
    Top 30, I could see. Top 20 is unlikely. Especially in a weaker draft.

  5. #320
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    2,884
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Top 30, I could see. Top 20 is unlikely. Especially in a weaker draft.
    Weaker draft is one thing, but there's generally always some talent up top.

    Side note: Callis gives Vizcaino a 50/50 chance to start. I'll take those odds everyday for Paul Maholm.

  6. #321
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,086
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Top 30, I could see. Top 20 is unlikely. Especially in a weaker draft.
    We're essentially arguing semantics here, but the original statement you made was "highly doubtful". 4 of the last 5 #2 picks have come in at #20 or higher on one list or another. And while this is a "weaker draft", there's a lot of top SP talent that should do well in the rankings and = we also have a lot of graduating prospects at the top. It would be very much around the norm for (insert prospect drafted here) to end up around #15-#25 in many rankings next year.

    Granted, none of this truly matters because it's essentially an opinion pole at the heart of the matter, but it wouldn't be highly doubtful to see Manaea, Stankek or Appel ranked in the top 20 by this time next year.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  7. #322
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,480
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Ryan McNeil is really interesting. I didn't realize how highly thought of he was going into the draft. I like more than I don't like about the way he throws a baseball.

    Next year could be a pretty good year for the starting pitching in the system. System's been pretty devoid of exciting starters arms for a while. Feel like the best that has come along since that pitching heavy system in the early 2000's is the McNutt/Archer 2010 duo and that's almost literally it.
    I like McNeil more than Blackburn. Better fastball.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    Where do you guys think the following pitching prospects will start the season:

    Paniagua
    Johnson
    Maples
    Whitenack
    Underwood
    Blackburn
    Scott
    Arias
    McNeil
    I have tried on a few occasions to try and predict the rotations in the farm to start the season, and I can never finish. The lower levels are a complete mystery. You have about 25 possible starters for 15 rotation spots. Could be plenty of piggy-backing this year.

  8. #323
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,710
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah I was going to comment that I like McNeill more than Blackburn based on the fastball as well. He's a bigger player as well. Underrated breaking ball too.

    I could see four top 30 next year. Three top twenty. Hell maybe 5 top 50 if Vogelbach or Paniagua can match the hype.

  9. #324
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,710
    vCash
    1500
    Oh and I expect tons of piggy backing in this system as far as pitching prospects go. I don't expect 5-7 inning outings from lower level guys until mid-season, if that. Only guy who I think they'll let fly is Paniagua, but im probably forgetting someone.

  10. #325
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    4,865
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Yeah I was going to comment that I like McNeill more than Blackburn based on the fastball as well. He's a bigger player as well. Underrated breaking ball too.

    I could see four top 30 next year. Three top twenty. Hell maybe 5 top 50 if Vogelbach or Paniagua can match the hype.
    I like McNeil a lot as well but he has command issues at the moment. Plenty of potential for him. He's got good size and good frame as well too.
    Last edited by JBears79; 01-30-2013 at 03:19 PM.

  11. #326
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,710
    vCash
    1500
    Two Cubs on Garrioch's look back at the 2012 IFA period (#1 and #8):

    http://www.minorleagueball.com/2013/...pdate-for-2012

    Soler: Big power potential, future star potential.

    Delarosa: Huge ceiling. Good actions up the middle will be plus at 3B or really good at SS. Bat will play at corners. Enormous potential if he can stick at SS.

    Delarosa is a switch hitter. He won't turn 18 until the end of the year.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pktBwtEX20

  12. #327
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,777
    vCash
    1500
    I think my favorite pitching prospect, not named Dylan Bundy, has to be Jose Fernandez. Man I would love for the Cubs to acquire those two guys

  13. #328
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    78
    vCash
    1500
    Check out www.Chicagocubstalk.blogspot.com for the latest Cubs news rumors and fan talk!

  14. #329
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    2,884
    vCash
    1500
    Really like Delarosa's swing. Pretty quiet with an easy load, leg kick is very minor

  15. #330
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,710
    vCash
    1500
    He's got Soriano's build. Really lean and knobby but you can tell he's athletic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •