Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Didn't say bat speed--said speed

vCash
    The confidence people have in Lindor to stick at SS and be a very good defender there is a huge boost to his value. There are not 30 good SSs in the majors.

Throw in that he could hit for average, take his walks, slap some doubles, steal some bases, run the bases well, score runs, lay down a good bunt, and all these little things...

Baez's huge advantage is power, which is arguably the rarest trait/attribute/skill in either league right now.

vCash
    I just don't see how Baez and Lindor are ahead of Boegarts. The most underrated and overrated prospects for me are 20 and 21 on the list.

vCash
    I love Archie Bradley as well. Think he could've been a great main piece to a Garza trade last summer before the injury. Unfortunately that ship has sailed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbullsbears2 View Post
    Didn't say bat speed--said speed
    My apologies, I misread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    I love Archie Bradley as well. Think he could've been a great main piece to a Garza trade last summer before the injury. Unfortunately that ship has sailed.
    I think the D'Backs are in love with Bradley, as they probably should be. Don't think there was any chance. He was the prize of the 2011 draft for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadsRule View Post
    I just don't see how Baez and Lindor are ahead of Boegarts. The most underrated and overrated prospects for me are 20 and 21 on the list.
    Yeah, as much as I love Baez, I would have to put Bogaerts ahead of him and Lindor, so I agree with you. I would also put Baez in front of Lindor. I think Bogarts would look great playing third for the Cubbies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    My apologies, I misread.
    No worries--Baez definitely does blow Lindor's bat speed out of the water

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Emanski View Post
    Yeah, as much as I love Baez, I would have to put Bogaerts ahead of him and Lindor, so I agree with you. I would also put Baez in front of Lindor. I think Bogarts would look great playing third for the Cubbies
    Didn't even think you guys would be discussing this in here...Baez thread started as I was happy to see him move up the charts
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    I want one prospect as good as Oscar Taveras. I'm looking towards Soler or Baez for that.

Taveras suffers from Baez's disease in that he's so explosive offensively that everyone underrates his D. I think he can hold up in CF for a few years, and I hit him with a Jim Edmonds comp. I don't have that kind of confidence in Baez to stay at SS, but SS is also the hardest defensive position to play after C so that should be expected. I still have that dream of the Castro/Baez middle infield combo.

Oh and props to MLB.com on the Christian Yelich love...#13 on the list. If there are Marlin fans who cared enough to have Jeremy Hermida in their memory still, Yelich will make them forget.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-29-2013 at 10:34 PM.

vCash
    Albert Almora:

Congrats to my friends and teammates Jorge Soler and @javy23baez on making #Top50Prospects #muchlove #Cubs
    Javier Baez:

Thanks to all the fans who really care about how im doing and follow mee!! It really means a lot!! #thanks!

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Didn't I read on Twitter that one of the lists had Vizcaino at 52, as well?

When was the last time we had basically four top-50 prospects in baseball all at once? The Patterson era?

vCash
    Is it completely unrealistic that I think we could legitimately have 4 Top 20 prospects at this time next off-season. Baez is already there, Soler and Almora could easily make the jump from #39 and #42, and whoever we take at #2 overall probably has a good chance of being in there as well. I'm pretty confident that Paniagua and Vogelbach will be in the Top 100 somewhere as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    Is it completely unrealistic that I think we could legitimately have 4 Top 20 prospects at this time next off-season. Baez is already there, Soler and Almora could easily make the jump from #39 and #42, and whoever we take at #2 overall probably has a good chance of being in there as well. I'm pretty confident that Paniagua and Vogelbach will be in the Top 100 somewhere as well.
    It's scary how good this farm could be next season. Likely won't be graduating anyone of note either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    It's pretty extreme best-case-scenario, but it's not unrealistic at all.