Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 152 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't know if anyone has seen this, but prospect 361 posted their top 100. I'm not a fan of it. I saw it linked from minor league ball with positive comments. But a site that has Szczur as the 4th best Cubs prospect at this point is not very good. The top 100 doesn't seem that bad. Low on Baez and Soler. Almora is probably fairly ranked.

http://prospect361.com/prospects/201...prospect-list/

vCash
    Bruce Miles tweeted that MARK PRIOR will be addressing Cubs minor leaguers today.

vCash
    Sign the man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Bruce Miles tweeted that MARK PRIOR will be addressing Cubs minor leaguers today.
    i would openly weep if he signed..He gave us some great memories and could still be servicable in the pen if healthy.. LOVED some Prior in 03

vCash
    Bruce Miles:

McLeod says McNutt status TBD but leans toward pen. #Cubs

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Bruce Miles:
    Interesting

vCash
    Patrick Mooney:

Ideally, McLeod said Soler would start the season at a level higher than Kane County, but he will have to convince #Cubs front office.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    McNutt could use some time in the pen to get his act back together. Maybe if he does he gets a chance to start down the road.

vCash
    Interesting that the Highlander thinks Soler is advanced enough for aggressive promotion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Patrick Mooney:
    I don't see why it should be such a hard sell to start Soler in Daytona. He handled the MWL fine in his limited exposure there; he'll be 21 to start the season; Daytona has the better early season climate, which is much more comparable to that which Soler is used to, etc. I've been under the assumption that he and Baez would be the 3/4 hitters down there to start the season.

McNutt could use some time in the pen to get his act back together. Maybe if he does he gets a chance to start down the road.
    That seems like a legit possibility, given what we've already seen from the new FO.

vCash
    That seems like a legit possibility, given what we've already seen from the new FO.
    To not overcredit the FO, the Earl Weaver method of developing SPs through bullpen usage is well out there. McNutt doesn't have his act together starting so throw him in the pen and see where he's at after some time.

vCash
    To not overcredit the FO, the Earl Weaver method of developing SPs through bullpen usage is well out there. McNutt doesn't have his act together starting so throw him in the pen and see where he's at after some time.
    Oh, no doubt it's been used by other organizations. I'm just stating that we've already seen Samardzija go back to the rotation last year, and this year Cabrera and Bowden are both getting stretched out a bit. It's a pretty new concept to the Cubs.

vCash
    The bigger leap forward is probably in informing us of what is going on. Cabrera was a SP prospect as recently as 2011. Samardzija made 53 starts in the minors from 2010-2008. Goes into that whole increase in transparency stuff that Epstein has preached.

vCash
    The bigger leap forward is probably in informing us of what is going on. Cabrera was a SP prospect as recently as 2011. Samardzija made 53 starts in the minors from 2010-2008. Goes into that whole increase in transparency stuff that Epstein has preached.
    Most major league relievers spent a good deal of time as starters in the minors. Some organizations have given these types of players a second chance in the rotation. The Cubs, pre-current FO, were not one of them. Hell, as recently as about 3-4 years ago, if you were already relegated to the pen in High A, you were essentially considered a non-prospect. I'm not sure it's any more transparent, either. I don't remember seeing any RP/SP conversion guys in spring training during previous regimes, other than the Aaron Heilman experiment.

I know you don't want to give the super friends credit, but all the evidence is pointing in the direction that they are going to give RPs more of a chance to become a SPs than previous regimes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hrubes20 View Post
    Most major league relievers spent a good deal of time as starters in the minors. Some organizations have given these types of players a second chance in the rotation. The Cubs, pre-current FO, were not one of them. Hell, as recently as about 3-4 years ago, if you were already relegated to the pen in High A, you were essentially considered a non-prospect. I'm not sure it's any more transparent, either. I don't remember seeing any RP/SP conversion guys in spring training during previous regimes, other than the Aaron Heilman experiment.

I know you don't want to give the super friends credit, but all the evidence is pointing in the direction that they are going to give RPs more of a chance to become a SPs than previous regimes.
    They were planning to move Samardzija back to the rotation this year going back to last year and probably well beyond it.

3-4 years ago the pitchers in the system sucked. 11 years ago Carlos Zambrano made half of his appearances out of the bullpen for the 2002 Cubs.

I can give the regime credit for executing the plan flawlessly so far, but seeds were planted.

Page 9 of 152 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast