Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Incredible player.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Christ View Post
    dont hate Mario at all for taking the money that was offered. he'd be stupid NOT to take it really. but to say he couldnt have helped this team out this year is negligent. we've had absolutely no outside pass rush at all this year. its been the watt and antonio smith show on the inside to apply pressure. for all his deficiencies mario could get to the qb. if he had the motor and desire that jj watt does, he too would be a special player because the physical ability is through the roof.
    As great as Watt was this season, i feel the Texans were missing that leader on defense. Demeco Ryans although not as great of player as Watt and Cush was very vocal. When Cush was lost for the season, i dont think anybody on the defense stepped up as the leader. Injuries to Tim Jamison and Brice McCain was also tough for the Texans to overcome. That being said i hope the Texans see that as great as these players are, they're clearing missing depth at LB and at OLB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    jags took gabbert right before him.
    They made the right choice.

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

vCash

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

vCash
    Cushing gave him what he was taking his rookie year

Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That kid is just a troll. He's just upset that the rockets have spent all this money trying to buy a championship and they're still not as good as the Mavs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    I'd rather have Kawhi Leonard....T Ross.... Aaron Afflalo..... Lance Stephenson....Bradley Beal....Wes Matthews....*

All over Harden. Easy.

vCash
    mayock just said that jj watt had the best season an interior defensive lineman has ever had in the NFL. I think i've heard strahan say the samething.

I concur.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    I had JJ on my fantasy team, and he helped me get to the Championship Game.

He is just a beast!
    Let's go Steelers!

vCash
    among his body of stats that as a group is pretty impressive that passes defended number (16) by a lineman really stands out.

vCash
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...r-of-the-year/

Defensive Player of the Year

J.J. Watt, DE, Houston Texans

It should surprise absolutely nobody to find out that our pick as the league’s outstanding defender for the 2012 NFL season is J.J. Watt of the Houston Texans. In the past two seasons Justin Smith demonstrated just how utterly destructive a defensive end can be in a 3-4 scheme, but from the very first week of this season Watt has taken that dominance to a whole new level that before the season you might not have thought possible.

As we reach the climax to the season, Watt has become the first player to earn a single-season grade of +100.0 or more, a grade that no 3-4 defensive end had previously gotten even half way toward in a regular season. Previously a position that was perceived to be all about run defense and setting up other players by occupying blockers, Watt has followed Smith’s example and taken the theory that a 3-4 end can be the most disruptive player on the defense to new heights.

The base stats are there for all to see but they are worth repeating: as a 3-4 end he led the NFL in sacks (both by the NFL’s count and by our own count), he added 24 QB hits to those 21 sacks, batted 15 passes, recorded 72 defensive stops and missed only two tackles all season. The unbelievable level of his play and, more to the point, the consistency of his utter dominance, was nothing short of breathtaking.

The only time this season that Watt was ‘slowed’ — in relative terms — was in Chicago during Week 10 when conditions under foot, and a concerted effort by the Bears to slow him down, led to his lowest single game grade of the season of +1.9. Even then he still managed to record three pressures (a hit and two hurries, respectable numbers for most 3-4 defensive ends) and a pair of stops in the run game. For the rest of the season he graded below +5.0 only twice more, and you start to see the context there when you consider that in Smith’s ground-breaking 2010 and 2011 campaigns he graded above +5.0 only four times in each regular season.

This season was, simply put, dominance on a level that we have never seen before — outside of a couple of players that we are about to talk about. Watt was equally destructive as a run defender and as a pass rusher. His 76 total quarterback pressures are bettered only by Cameron Wake (87), Von Miller (86) and Geno Atkins (78), while his Run Stop Percentage of 17.1 is the best in the league, even beating that of rookie tackling machines Lavonte David (14.6%) and Bobby Wagner (14.4%) among defenders playing at least 200 snaps of run defense.

By any measure that you want to take to the season that Watt has just put forth, there is no weakness. If what you want is highlight-reel plays, then as a disruptor against the pass (both in terms of getting his hands to the quarterback and to passes) he is unmatched. If you are looking for consistency, the only time his performance has dropped by his own exalted standards was in a rainstorm in the Midwest when he still played well by anyone else’s standards. If you want big performances against quality opposition, then look no further than his games against the likes of Baltimore (+4.5), Denver (+5.0), and New England (+6.1) as proof that he is anything but a player who simply takes advantage of favorable matchups. Whether you are a fan who likes to look at the numbers or look at the tape, the only conclusion we or you could possibly come to is that J.J. Watt is more than deserving of this year’s Defensive Player of the Year Award.
    his numbers are just unreal.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    He's alright.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    If only Miller had not been held as many times as he was this year, he would have broken the sack record.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

Come Check Out the Raptors Forum!
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Watt was alright this season I guess.

2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Incredible year by Watt. Personally, I'd love to see him win MVP but it won't happen. I think if any defensive player were to win it, based on the season he just had, it would be Watt this year. It's a shame he won't get it though.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Charles Tillmans season was equally as impressive if not more.

85 Tackles
    3 Ints (All for Touchdowns)
    10 Forced Fumbles
    2 Fumble Rec
    16 Passe Def

Not to mention completely Erasing Calvin Johnson twice
    3 Rec 11 Targets 34 yards 0 TD
    5 Rec 14 Targets 72 yards 0 TD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast