Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Knight as our 6th man?!

Maybe Knight is more cut out to be a Jason Terry or a Jamal Crawford type. I am okay with that, as long as we realize it before the next 2 seasons. I wouldn't mind going after Calderon or J Jack, then having them start with Stuckey. Better yet, trade Stuckey, draft a SG in the lottery or wait until 2014.

I do like what Knight has to offer, I haven't given up on him at all. I just don't want to wait the next 2-3 seasons to figure out if he will become the type of PG we need.

Discuss!

vCash
    I'd rather trade him and get us a true PG

vCash
    If we can dump Stuckey then sure.

vCash
    Knights a good three point shooter and that usually has to come with someone setting him up.Crawford can create shots for him self which is something Knight cant do and Knight being undersized and with a shot that starts at his hip I just dont really seeing it working out.Honestly If he cant figure out how to become a PG than I dont know what his future will be.

vCash
    There is an abundance of starting quality guards out there.

The trouble is finding one that will work in the system... But does Frank really have a system? Lately it seems like he plays the starters until the boys are down 10-15 points and then sends in Zoo Crew II to save the day.

Anyway I would like to see us trade for Marcus Thornton to start and James Anderson to come off the bench and hit three's. Both are said to be available. As far as PGs we need a player who has experience distributing to big men and who can shoot... Jameer Nelson anyone? We move Stuck, JMax and Daye. Maybe some draft picks.

Jameer/Bynum
    Thornton/Knight/Anderson
    Prince/Singler
    Moose/Cvil/JJ
    Dre/Slava
    Last edited by Stuckey#3; 01-01-2013 at 12:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey#3 View Post
    There is an abundance of starting quality guards out there.

The trouble is finding one that will work in the system... But does Frank really have a system? Lately it seems like he plays the starters until the boys are down 10-15 points and then sends in Zoo Crew II to save the day.

Anyway I would like to see us trade for Marcus Thornton to start and James Anderson to come off the bench and hit three's. Both are said to be available. As far as PGs we need a player who has experience distributing to big men and who can shoot... Jameer Nelson anyone? We move Stuck, JMax and Daye. Maybe some draft picks.

Jameer/Bynum
    Thornton/Knight/Anderson
    Prince/Singler
    Moose/Cvil/JJ
    Dre/Slava
    Absolutely NOT! Jameer Nelson? We're having a rebuilding season and you counter with Jameer Nelson? Why not bring in Derek Fisher while we're at it? Our current roster is better than that trash of a back court.

vCash
    I actually like Jameer lol, didn't realize he was 30 though.

But Calderon is 31 so

vCash
    I'd give Knight another season, but 6th man... I don't think so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deception View Post
    Absolutely NOT! Jameer Nelson? We're having a rebuilding season and you counter with Jameer Nelson? Why not bring in Derek Fisher while we're at it? Our current roster is better than that trash of a back court.
    Oh yea youre the one who tOld to stay away from 30 year old nba players

vCash
    I think people tend to forget the kid is only 20 years old, I'm sure he'll come along fine for us. Just gotta show patience. If come by the 6th year he doesn't get his act together it's then I'd evaluate his value on our team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotMayo View Post
    Oh yea youre the one who tOld to stay away from 30 year old nba players
    I don't truly mind the age as long as it's someone who's still talented. Jameer is getting old and has an 8 million dollar contract. If we were to take on that cash, I would make a case for Calderon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deception View Post
    I don't truly mind the age as long as it's someone who's still talented. Jameer is getting old and has an 8 million dollar contract. If we were to take on that cash, I would make a case for Calderon.
    Yup yup I agree 100%. I hate jameer, horrible player.

vCash
    My point was that Jameer is an available PG that knows how to distribute to bigs. We could use his D12 experience to bring Andre along. Stuckey and Knight are both combo/score first guards. We need a true point. I guarantee as soon as Calderon gets a new deal he stops playing. Not to mention he is older and more injury prone.

Darren Collison or Aaron Brooks might be other good options.

Knight is a scorer and should either start at SG or be the 6th man.

vCash
    i personally dont think 30 is too old for a point guard.
    but jameer is injury prone and his atitude is questionable.

Brandon Knight is not a PG. He's an undersized 2 guard.
    I think he would be a decent spark off of someone's bench.

I know people say that he's young, however, i think certain things would still flash, and I dont see them. I basically see someone out there "hoopin" and not playing NBA basketball.
    I say put him out there and see what we can get. Darren Collison?
    Could we steal Marquis Teague from Chicago? I think he has a higher ceiling that BK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor007 View Post
    I think people tend to forget the kid is only 20 years old, I'm sure he'll come along fine for us. Just gotta show patience. If come by the 6th year he doesn't get his act together it's then I'd evaluate his value on our team.
    These are my thoughts exactly, I hope your right man.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast