Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    TANK TANK TANK

Cody Zeller or Nerlens Noel next to KG???

vCash
    Why not tank? this team will not "flip a switch"

Demarcus Cousins in not the answer

We dont have trade pieces to get a player to help push us...Rondo is our only chip

Were a middle of the pack team, not a contender, but not lottery

TANK

Theres atleast 5 quality players in this draft

TOP 5 PICK IS GOOD TO ME

vCash
    Teams generally don't tank when they have a franchise player. Right now, the management believes Rondo is the guy

Unless Ainge comes in with a curve ball (or gets fired in the coming weeks) don't waste too much time scouting Shabazz

vCash
    No, this is nonsense. The worst record isn't guaranteed the #1 pick and they wouldn't finish in the bottom 3 even if they started to tank right now. This draft has no saviors either. Ride the vets hard and try to get hot at the right time.

vCash

Should Boston Tank the rest of the season

Tanking it isn't a sure science and no way this roster would do it. Guys like pierce and kg couldn't get paid to do it and neither of them will be trades until their contracts expire/retirement. Plus i dont think with this roster, even if they 'tank' it, would be worse then a number of the terrible teams in the nba.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrianscal View Post
    Tanking it isn't a sure science and no way this roster would do it. Guys like pierce and kg couldn't get paid to do it and neither of them will be trades until their contracts expire/retirement. Plus i dont think with this roster, even if they 'tank' it, would be worse then a number of the terrible teams in the nba.
    Well yeah, Pierce and KG wouldn't do it. That's why you trade them, and Rondo, and put enough bad players on the court that they have no choice but to lose

You don't necessarily need the #1 pick, just look at what the Rockets did. After barely missing the playoffs, they blew up the whole roster, massed a bunch of mid-first round picks, and they're already back in the playoff hunt with James Harden.

Ainge could do a full rebuild right now without making the fans suicidal and wasting a whole year. Trading for a star right away is a safer bet than the OKC model, which every team is trying to do now. In fact there's so many pathetic teams right now tanking isn't really viable

vCash
    Pierce and KG will not tank. That's why they need to be traded. Pierce needs to go to the Lakers and KG to Philly. Then the C's can start the rebuild.

vCash
    I don't think they really have to tank, just keep playing the way they are right now and they'll be sending DA to lift up the C's card on lottery selection night...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    They kept this team together not becaus ainge believes this team has a solid chance...but its a way to keep the pink hats happy/milk this core for as long as possible ($$).

What SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED...And This is VERY realistic...

Last season was the PERFECT time to rebuild. Ray/PP/KG all expiring contracts and all were worth something.

Last season the c's were so close to trading ray/pp in seperate deals that would have landed the #6 pick AND Mayo (Deal so close to completion they called ray)..Yet it fell apart at the last second? even IF ainge had to sweeten the pot a bit (trade pp/21st Pick)

With that 6th pick, The most sense would have been too draft Drummond imo, even with his less than impressive season at uconn. He was a projected beast the season before and with his size? Deff worth the pick at #6.

PG- Rondo
    SG- Bradley
    SF- Mayo (small for SF, but atleast it gives the c's a tradeable piece who has value).
    PF-?
    C- Drummond

that team would be terrible, and it would get us yet another top 10 pick.
    Trade Mayo/the top 5 pick/'14 top 5 protected first for Noel?

You would be looking a Noel/Drummond front court

Last edited by Bos_Sports4Life; 01-03-2013 at 11:41 PM.

vCash
    No, get the 8th seed and give Miami hell.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash

Should Boston Tank the rest of the season

I highly doubt kg and pp will be traded. They will retire together at the end of the season if the struggles continue and that is when u will all get your rebuilding.

vCash
    I understand a bad record does not mean the #1 pick, but they have a good shot if they keep losing like they are.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    The worst record doesn't guarantee the 1st pick but it guarantees at least top 5 pick...

And there's definitely 5 players in this draft that could HELP US OUT

Zeller
    Noel
    Shabazz
    McLemore
    Bennett

Yeah, any of those would look great wearing a C's uniform

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    The worst record doesn't guarantee the 1st pick but it guarantees at least top 5 pick...

And there's definitely 5 players in this draft that could HELP US OUT

Zeller
    Noel
    Shabazz
    McLemore
    Bennett

Yeah, any of those would look great wearing a C's uniform
    That's such a loser's mentality. We are trying to impart the Celtics way into the young guys we are building around. What the hell does that tell them? Lose on purpose so maybe after you're gone we'll be good? That's ********.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish Post View Post
    That's such a loser's mentality. We are trying to impart the Celtics way into the young guys we are building around. What the hell does that tell them? Lose on purpose so maybe after you're gone we'll be good? That's ********.
    x2

everytime i see this thread more and more i think it should be removed .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast