Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 182
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    4,615
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kpak76 View Post
    Not seeing a three way happen where we help them get Stanton. Why would we not just go after Stanton ourselves? Our farm is far more loaded than the Dodgers and we have a much better shot at Stanton from them without help from a third team.
    another example of why i dont think an ethier trade will happen.

    they will only want to deal him if they are clearing room for upton or stanton.... 2 guys that prolly not too available but get talked about bc of their names.... and ms have a need and more specs to land these guys.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    10,114
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    You guys are all in to win. Why would you trade Either for Specs anyway?
    to sign bourne and move kemp to right.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    10,114
    vCash
    1500
    btw as far as andre ethiers Defense is concerned he is about avg, he has ranged from bad to pretty good over the last 2 years, and he is about avg on the base's.

    Also, your not going to find a lot of lefties that crush left handed pitchers.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    4,615
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    to sign bourne and move kemp to right.
    didnt think about that... it just seems hard to fathom... dodgers will have to pay $ to move ethier out of town, making bourn even more expensive (a boras client), when they already have the highest payroll? just ridiculous, but im not gonna put it past em.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brea,CA
    Posts
    30,601
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    You guys are all in to win. Why would you trade Either for Specs anyway?
    Doesn't make much sense, especially since Bourn sucks..

    But Stan Kasten has said he wants to build the farm back up, so IDK
    #Joc2LA

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Port Orchard, Wa
    Posts
    10,553
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    btw as far as andre ethiers Defense is concerned he is about avg, he has ranged from bad to pretty good over the last 2 years, and he is about avg on the base's.

    Also, your not going to find a lot of lefties that crush left handed pitchers.
    You're wrong about Ethiers defense and you don't need to crush lefties but hitting them a little bit would be great, especially at that price.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    btw as far as andre ethiers Defense is concerned he is about avg, he has ranged from bad to pretty good over the last 2 years, and he is about avg on the base's.

    Also, your not going to find a lot of lefties that crush left handed pitchers.
    You can find plenty that are better at it than Ethier is though.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Port Orchard, Wa
    Posts
    10,553
    vCash
    1500
    I thought kemp was a good defender until looking. I was really surprised.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brea,CA
    Posts
    30,601
    vCash
    1500
    Ethier and Kemp are both bad "Saber" outfielders, but they're fine... Ethier was 2nd in Range Factor last season for a while, not sure about at the end of the season
    #Joc2LA

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    3,492
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    I thought kemp was a good defender until looking. I was really surprised.
    Matt.. that's why defensive metrics.. can be worthless.. Until there is a systematic methodology for defining and measuring defensive ability (there isn't a current that's worth a warm bucket of horse piss).. using defensive metrics to define a players ability, WAR, without the benefit of the 'smell test' or the "eye test" (that is, you actually watch the player play his defensive position), then imparting opinion based on the flawed measure is usually an exercise in futility or an indication of severe bias...

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Matt.. that's why defensive metrics.. can be worthless.. Until there is a systematic methodology for defining and measuring defensive ability (there isn't a current that's worth a warm bucket of horse piss).. using defensive metrics to define a players ability, WAR, without the benefit of the 'smell test' or the "eye test" (that is, you actually watch the player play his defensive position), then imparting opinion based on the flawed measure is usually an exercise in futility or an indication of severe bias...
    When he has only been postitive in UZR once, and as bad as -25.7 one year. -51 career, its pretty safe to say he is bad
    Last edited by jej; 01-01-2013 at 07:23 PM.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    20,840
    vCash
    1500
    you cannot just deny defensive metrics. UZR takes some time to get a good reading but its legit

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    845
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    you cannot just deny defensive metrics. UZR takes some time to get a good reading but its legit
    UZR takes 3 years to make an accurate "diagnosis" though. Usually the eye test can come to the same conculsion within a couple of months. Then again, thats what UZR is, proffessional eye testers rating fielding.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    30,985
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, Ethier is a bad defender. Plain and simple.

    $18m a year for a guy who is a turd against LHP and can't play the field well is a Dodger's move. Desperation.
    I'm In.



  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kpak76 View Post
    UZR takes 3 years to make an accurate "diagnosis" though. Usually the eye test can come to the same conculsion within a couple of months. Then again, thats what UZR is, proffessional eye testers rating fielding.
    Yeah, and pick any 3 years of his and he isn't good.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •