Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kpak76 View Post
    Not seeing a three way happen where we help them get Stanton. Why would we not just go after Stanton ourselves? Our farm is far more loaded than the Dodgers and we have a much better shot at Stanton from them without help from a third team.
    another example of why i dont think an ethier trade will happen.

they will only want to deal him if they are clearing room for upton or stanton.... 2 guys that prolly not too available but get talked about bc of their names.... and ms have a need and more specs to land these guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    You guys are all in to win. Why would you trade Either for Specs anyway?
    to sign bourne and move kemp to right.

vCash
    btw as far as andre ethiers Defense is concerned he is about avg, he has ranged from bad to pretty good over the last 2 years, and he is about avg on the base's.

Also, your not going to find a lot of lefties that crush left handed pitchers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    to sign bourne and move kemp to right.
    didnt think about that... it just seems hard to fathom... dodgers will have to pay $ to move ethier out of town, making bourn even more expensive (a boras client), when they already have the highest payroll? just ridiculous, but im not gonna put it past em.

vCash
    You guys are all in to win. Why would you trade Either for Specs anyway?
    Doesn't make much sense, especially since Bourn sucks..

But Stan Kasten has said he wants to build the farm back up, so IDK
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    btw as far as andre ethiers Defense is concerned he is about avg, he has ranged from bad to pretty good over the last 2 years, and he is about avg on the base's.

You're wrong about Ethiers defense and you don't need to crush lefties but hitting them a little bit would be great, especially at that price.

vCash

You can find plenty that are better at it than Ethier is though.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    I thought kemp was a good defender until looking. I was really surprised.

vCash
    Ethier and Kemp are both bad "Saber" outfielders, but they're fine... Ethier was 2nd in Range Factor last season for a while, not sure about at the end of the season
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    I thought kemp was a good defender until looking. I was really surprised.
    Matt.. that's why defensive metrics.. can be worthless.. Until there is a systematic methodology for defining and measuring defensive ability (there isn't a current that's worth a warm bucket of horse piss).. using defensive metrics to define a players ability, WAR, without the benefit of the 'smell test' or the "eye test" (that is, you actually watch the player play his defensive position), then imparting opinion based on the flawed measure is usually an exercise in futility or an indication of severe bias...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Matt.. that's why defensive metrics.. can be worthless.. Until there is a systematic methodology for defining and measuring defensive ability (there isn't a current that's worth a warm bucket of horse piss).. using defensive metrics to define a players ability, WAR, without the benefit of the 'smell test' or the "eye test" (that is, you actually watch the player play his defensive position), then imparting opinion based on the flawed measure is usually an exercise in futility or an indication of severe bias...
    When he has only been postitive in UZR once, and as bad as -25.7 one year. -51 career, its pretty safe to say he is bad
    Last edited by jej; 01-01-2013 at 07:23 PM.

vCash
    you cannot just deny defensive metrics. UZR takes some time to get a good reading but its legit

vCash
    you cannot just deny defensive metrics. UZR takes some time to get a good reading but its legit
    UZR takes 3 years to make an accurate "diagnosis" though. Usually the eye test can come to the same conculsion within a couple of months. Then again, thats what UZR is, proffessional eye testers rating fielding.

vCash
    Yeah, Ethier is a bad defender. Plain and simple.

$18m a year for a guy who is a turd against LHP and can't play the field well is a Dodger's move. Desperation.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kpak76 View Post
    UZR takes 3 years to make an accurate "diagnosis" though. Usually the eye test can come to the same conculsion within a couple of months. Then again, thats what UZR is, proffessional eye testers rating fielding.
    Yeah, and pick any 3 years of his and he isn't good.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast