Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I like Ethier if the price is right. If we are giving up 4 players I doubt any of the prospects we are trading are type A level. And if we are trading B level prospects I am sure we are taking on all of Ethiers salary which is also fine since we can't spend our money on any FA's cause they don't want to come here.

vCash
    Yeah but we don't just want to waste it on a platoon player

vCash
    900+ ops vs rhp though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKERS4LIFE!!!! View Post
    do u guys think a trade will go down
    probably not and definitely not for ethier. as i said in another thread, looking at your roster i think your set, it could make sense to deal capuano and or harang, but even if ethier is not a good contract you guys are not in a slash payroll phase.

i think we would have to behoove you w/ specs and thats just not been our Gm's MO. hes had plenty of chance to do that and is holding the specs, and hes sought a RH bat more all off season anyways.

now if LA has talks with MIA for stanton maybe i see a 3 way where we pitch in and get ethier, but id have to think chances are very slim. cant think of another reason you would deal a solid RF w/out alot of depth there and when you dont have any other needs on the roster.... and we are very stingy when dealing specs so im going to stick with slim to none.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    900+ ops vs rhp though.
    Yup, that's called a platoon. Haha. I'm not sure I'd be interested in taking over that large of a contract for a guy who can't hit lefties or play defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    900+ ops vs rhp though.
    Yeah but he's got 1000+ ABs against LHP with a .649 OPS. He is completely worthless against LHP.

I feel like we can find a cheaper hitter vs. RHP (his contract is absurd for a bona fide platoon bat.)
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Yeah but he's got 1000+ ABs against LHP with a .649 OPS. He is completely worthless against LHP.

I feel like we can find a cheaper hitter vs. RHP (his contract is absurd for a bona fide platoon bat.)
    Word. Garrett Jones. Something like .880 OPS vs righties.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Word. Garrett Jones. Something like .880 OPS vs righties.
    Yeah, great example.

vCash
    .888 OPS last year vs RHP, .852 career. And will be a lot cheaper than Ethier (if we want to go the platoon route).
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    probably not and definitely not for ethier. as i said in another thread, looking at your roster i think your set, it could make sense to deal capuano and or harang, but even if ethier is not a good contract you guys are not in a slash payroll phase.
    Capuano for a C- level spect
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post

i think we would have to behoove you w/ specs and thats just not been our Gm's MO. hes had plenty of chance to do that and is holding the specs, and hes sought a RH bat more all off season anyways.

now if LA has talks with MIA for stanton maybe i see a 3 way where we pitch in and get ethier, but id have to think chances are very slim. cant think of another reason you would deal a solid RF w/out alot of depth there and when you dont have any other needs on the roster.... and we are very stingy when dealing specs so im going to stick with slim to none.
    Not seeing a three way happen where we help them get Stanton. Why would we not just go after Stanton ourselves? Our farm is far more loaded than the Dodgers and we have a much better shot at Stanton from them without help from a third team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Doubt that
    too much?

vCash
    ick id pass here. Dude gets paid a lot to play bad D and cant touch righties.

if the price was less sure. But LAD wants a lot for him, he is more valuable to them then other teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    too much?
    That would be God awful for us

Smoak as the centerpiece? No way
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    You guys are all in to win. Why would you trade Either for Specs anyway?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast