Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Raiders sign 6 to future contracts

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah - DB - Raiders
    Raiders signed DB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, TE Mickey Shuler, OG Jason Foster, LB Jerrell Harris, WR Tray Session and OL Jason Slowey to reserve/future contracts. A 2010 fourth-round pick, Owusu-Ansah has played nearly as many positions as he has NFL games, but will be a defensive back for the Raiders. He'll be a special teamer if he makes the team out of camp, however. A former Dolphin and Viking, Shuler hasn't appeared in a game since 2010.

The practice squad guys. I believe Session is the only guy who was on the practice squad all year long, and he looked pretty good in preseason and camp at times as well. Owusu-Ansah has bounced around a bit, but he seems to have potential as well.
    Last edited by NC_RaiderFan5; 01-02-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    camp bodies
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    Is this fairly common for teams to do this? I'm seriously asking. I really don't know much about FAs, RFAs and all the off season stuff. Still learning.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Campers.

vCash
    IMO I think its a waste of time and money to already start spending money til The Raiders sign the good players already on the team. Plus odds are if your picking someone up at the end of the year then there a bunch of bums
    Darth Raider Meets The Legendary Al Davis !!!

To All My Oakland Raider Nation Brothers Remember .. Never Argue With An Idiot , First They Start The Fight. Then Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Their Experience!

Oakland Raiders Fan For Life ~ GangsteRaider

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Is this fairly common for teams to do this? I'm seriously asking. I really don't know much about FAs, RFAs and all the off season stuff. Still learning.
    Yes, every team does it.

Quote Originally Posted by GangsteRaider View Post
    IMO I think its a waste of time and money to already start spending money til The Raiders sign the good players already on the team. Plus odds are if your picking someone up at the end of the year then there a bunch of bums
    Future contracts don't count against the cap, and the offseason roster is 90 players.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Thanks for the clarification NC
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Atleast all of them were at a position we struggled with. In years past our reserve future contracts didn't make much sense. Wr, Og, Te, Lb and Db all areas we need depth I like it
    A photo from the stands for C. Woodson's return in Indy.