Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Carson Palmer Cap Hit

I have been searching everywhere I just can't seem to find the answer to this. If we cut Palmer this offseason does anyone know how much of a cap hit we will take? I saw on SporTrac that if he is here for 2013 it will be a total 16 million cap hit. If we cut him how much of his 13 million dollar salary is guaranteed? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks guys and gals.

vCash
    I think it's 8... I know I saw that number somewhere but not 100% sure
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash

vCash

Carson Palmer Cap Hit

I like Terrell's performance on Sunday. But I don't think Carson is going anywhere. The Raiders can cut their payroll big time without getting rid of Carson. I think they are going to keep Carson . That seems prudent at this time.

vCash
    Ah! Thank you so much dark night I am always on Rotoworld wonder how I missed that. Anyway if it is fully non - guaranteed there is no chance he is retained, unless he does a serious restructuring. Thanks again Dark Night!

vCash
    His 13 million base salary according to a few reports is non guaranteed

vCash
    if i were to guess... CP restructures and brings his contract down to 7-8 mil. You guys think he's worth keeping on for 7-8 mil?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    if i were to guess... CP restructures and brings his contract down to 7-8 mil. You guys think he's worth keeping on for 7-8 mil?
    I don't see any payer taking a 5-6 million pay cut. If he does he would want to add 2-3 years more and get a lot more guaranteed. No thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    Eh MAYBE. I wouldn't mind having him be a place holder for a QB if we draft one, or to give Pryor another year to try to refine his accuracy and see if he can take over. I would try to get him down to 5 million, but doubt hell go that low. At 7-8 million it would be a tough call for me. I wanted to explore trade options for possibly Matt Flynn, if we can get him for a small trade chip then I would cut Palmer and show him the door. Also, just to clarify so people don't attack me I think Palmer is a solid QB about a middle of the pack QB. He is just nowhere near 13 million dollars.

vCash
    Palmer has earned his pay! Seymour and Kelly haven't. Lechler will be gone too.

vCash
    It depends on the QB market, there are a couple of Teams that might be interested but none that are going to offer 10+ to a 34 YO.

If I had to guess Id say he takes a restructure, he has more then 50 million in earnings thus far from NFL contracts alone, he isnt clipping coupons, its all a matter of EGO right now, If they tell him, hey, we need the money to be competitive in signing other players, he might take a cut.
    Youve got to seriously assess your worth, he hasnt won often or convincingly as a QB, that isnt 13 million range.I think he knows that.

then you have Seymour who was saying from the IR list that hes still an elite talent in the NFL...thats a guy saying I want money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Palmer has earned his pay! Seymour and Kelly haven't. Lechler will be gone too.
    He hasn't earned 13.3 millions dollars worth.

vCash
    I expect Palmer to be around at least one more year! I think his cap hit will be too high to absorb. I hope we hire an OC that can work Pryor into the Offense even if Palmer is the starter.

vCash
    There's no loyalty in sports no player is going to take a 5-6 strict pay cut. Ray Lewis wouldn't even do it for the ravens. It doesn't matter how much they have its still 5-6 million dollars. If he does take that pay cut he will have 2-3 years added on to his current contract and more money guaranteed. He'll be making more in the long run if we cut him in he future with a reconstructured contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    He hasn't earned 13.3 millions dollars worth.
    Lol seriously wtf?!?! And that money is just his base he's up to 16-17 million after the bonus kicks in. If he's "earned" a contract like that then I deserve a couple thousand for watching the games and withholding from scratching my balls when people are over.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast