Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't think Ethier to Seattle is a real rumor. Stanton to the Dodgers hasn't even been tweeted about by a reputable tweeter.

vCash
    Obviously the Stanton talk isn't even been talked about yet, just dreaming out loud
    Foam Party!

vCash
    I just wish it could be a little more on topic. I don't think this is a rumor but if it were I think it would be better to analyze what the trade might actually be for. I doubt it would be for a top prospect and I think we'd have to eat money. I don't think that's worth it just to be able to add Bourn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI!:24938436
    I just wish it could be a little more on topic. I don't think this is a rumor but if it were I think it would be better to analyze what the trade might actually be for. I doubt it would be for a top prospect and I think we'd have to eat money. I don't think that's worth it just to be able to add Bourn.
    And thats the problem with this whole. Ethier isnt some throw away bum. Hes still in his prime years. And still productive both with that bat and serviceable with the glove. Mariners have no leverage in talks when they are the ones asking for him. No way we walk away with tweener specs and eat money.Its s ridiculous how people are throwing around ethiers name like he has no value .And lastly enough with the salary dump assumptions. This ownership ***** money. They are goin to continue to **** money until they can build the farm with in the next 3 to 4 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DLCK View Post
    And thats the problem with this whole. Ethier isnt some throw away bum. Hes still in his prime years. And still productive both with that bat and serviceable with the glove. Mariners have no leverage in talks when they are the ones asking for him. No way we walk away with tweener specs and eat money.Its s ridiculous how people are throwing around ethiers name like he has no value .And lastly enough with the salary dump assumptions. This ownership ***** money. They are goin to continue to **** money until they can build the farm with in the next 3 to 4 years.
    I don't disagree and I don't want to trade Ethier for what the Mariners are most likely offering...however the thread turned into talk of us getting Stanton or at the very least a top prospect or 2 from the Mariners. I think Ethiers value on the team is higher than his trade value. I do think his trade value is very exagerated on this forum and I find it annoying to read.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI!:24938870
    I don't disagree and I don't want to trade Ethier for what the Mariners are most likely offering...however the thread turned into talk of us getting Stanton or at the very least a top prospect or 2 from the Mariners. I think Ethiers value on the team is higher than his trade value. I do think his trade value is very exagerated on this forum and I find it annoying to read.
    I think at the very least hes worth a top 100 mlb prospect 45 70 range depending on potential. No reason to think a ryan dempster can net 2 top 100 mlb specs in seperate trades while ethier just nets trash.

vCash
    I think at the very least hes worth a top 100 mlb prospect 45 70 range depending on potential. No reason to think a ryan dempster can net 2 top 100 mlb specs in seperate trades while ethier just nets trash.
    Probably true. The problems probably more with me on this one...LOL!

vCash
    Lets just say whatever you get for him, you probably won't be happy about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I hate to jump back into this with you, but what you've said here seems to be a lot of the issue.

The statements you've made are both a bit hypocritical and self-aggrandizing. You state that the rest of us are "off-topic" for two reasons; (1) because you don't think the Dodgers can get a top level prospect and (2) we're talking about Stanton.

Let me knock these down for you in order

(1) there are many people that don't agree that Ethier is only worth low to mid level prospects

(2) The Stanton thing was one Dodger forum poster's speculation, and it got laughed at. I was simply helping him out by stating its not a ridiculous idea. NOBODY IS SAYING NOR HAS SAID WE'RE GETTING STANTON. Just a bit of FYI, a Mariners fan made the exact same suggestion over in the Mariners forum, for what that's worth.

Bottom line is the only name that's been mentioned is Dre, and until we hear more, EVERYTHING IS SPECULATION.

My point - you have as much right to be as annoyed with my suggestion for Franklin as I do with your suggestion that Dre is essentially worthless.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 01-02-2013 at 02:31 AM.
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    Ethier with a ton of cash, and I think you could be right. Nobody is going to pay to overpay him though. That contract is awful.

vCash
    If we are trading with the mariners it's for one of our pitchers, capuano probably. We'd probably just get farm depth back from them, a b level prospect or 2.

They need one more major league starter, we need to fix our farm.

OR if it's a blockbuster we could do

Ethier, Capuano, Gordon, Lee for King Felix

and then have.

Kershaw, Felix, Grienke, Becket, Bills/Ryu/Harang/Lilly

But that's just a pipe dream.

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.
    Fok Jelle Naiers

They`re = contraction of they are
    There = used to describe location
    Their = pronoun used to describe belonging
    Should've = contraction of should have
    Should of = makes no sense at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    I hate to jump back into this with you, but what you've said here seems to be a lot of the issue.

The statements you've made are both a bit hypocritical and self-aggrandizing. You state that the rest of us are "off-topic" for two reasons; (1) because you don't think the Dodgers can get a top level prospect and (2) we're talking about Stanton.

Let me knock these down for you in order

(1) there are many people that don't agree that Ethier is only worth low to mid level prospects

(2) The Stanton thing was one Dodger forum poster's speculation, and it got laughed at. I was simply helping him out by stating its not a ridiculous idea. NOBODY IS SAYING NOR HAS SAID WE'RE GETTING STANTON. Just a bit of FYI, a Mariners fan made the exact same suggestion over in the Mariners forum, for what that's worth.

Bottom line is the only name that's been mentioned is Dre, and until we hear more, EVERYTHING IS SPECULATION.

My point - you have as much right to be as annoyed with my suggestion for Franklin as I do with your suggestion that Dre is essentially worthless.
    I never said Dre is worthless. More like the proposals here aren't realistic and I don't know why we would be talking about Stanton. I don't think it's a big deal to say I am annoyed reading these posts. Contrary to your hypocritical and self aggrandizing comment I don't really think what I post here matters that much.
    Last edited by Cracka2HI!; 01-02-2013 at 04:39 AM.

vCash
    Stanton would cost Taijuan Walker, Zach Lee, Hueltzen, C. Reed, Gordon, Pederson and a level B prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I never said Dre is worthless. More like the proposals here aren't realistic and I don't know why we would be talking about Stanton. I don't think it's a big deal to say I am annoyed reading these posts. Contrary to your hypocritical and self aggrandizing comment I don't really think what I post here matters that much.
    Why would we be talking about Stanton? Because he is a superstar in the making, actually he already is... He wants out of Miami, He's from So Cal, and the dodgers have the money to pay him... For that to even be a real option they would need to trade Ethier... Thus the trade with Seattle... Ethier would bring back decent specs that we could throw in with the likes of Gordon, Lee, Joc to potentially bring Stanton to LA...

Like its been said its just a pipe dream but with the new ownership NOTHING is impossible and By trading Ethier it opens the door on the Stanton idea... That's why he's been brought up...

In my opinion I would basically trade the farm for a guy like Stanton...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie:24939711
    Ethier with a ton of cash, and I think you could be right. Nobody is going to pay to overpay him though. That contract is awful.
    He got paid his market value at the time of his signing.. i dont see how he wouldnt of walked out of this free agency without a 6yr / 75/80mill offer .. Is he over paid ? Yes. But i dont think it diminishes his value as much as everyone thinks. I think he will have a solid season.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast