Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 117
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West Covina CA
    Posts
    16,878
    vCash
    1631
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Err? Where did you get b-level prospects from? As far as the Mariners are concerned, maybe you should simply have read the source links...

    The Stanton thing was pure speculation on a poster's part. I don't know why some of you guys are always so damn negative all the time.
    I'm not negative. Talking about Stanton in a Mariners trade thread is just dumb IMO. It shows very little ability to stay on topic for sure. Just my opinion. I could be wrong

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    279
    vCash
    1500
    hey this guy is legit he has 10thousands followers on twitter.
    james stargell ‏@JamesStargell
    Not sure if you've heard but supposedly talks with the mariners about Ethier have intensified. Source: @ProspectInsider

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    845
    vCash
    1500
    News flash to those that are talking Stanton to the Dodgers. What makes you think the Mariners GM wouldn't be targeting Stanton instead of Ethier if Stanton was indeed available?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,014
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kpak76 View Post
    News flash to those that are talking Stanton to the Dodgers. What makes you think the Mariners GM wouldn't be targeting Stanton instead of Ethier if Stanton was indeed available?
    Again, it's all speculation, but...

    Firstly, the Mariners have inquired about Stanton and those talks went nowhere fast which is why Dre is being discussed now. The Marlins' asking price is likely ridiculous for just one team, especially a rebuilding team, to handle.

    Mariners need a bat, but since they aren't "on the cusp" of being contenders, they're likely not in a hurry to deplete their farm just for one player. In one scenario, indeed the most likely scenario, they send a much smaller package to the Dodgers and get Dre in return. In the purely speculated Stanton scenario, Seattle gets Dre for the same package, but they send that package to Miami, additionally we send a haul to Miami and get Stanton in return.


    REITERATING; this is pure speculation and I'm just playing devil'ls advocate so there's no need to punch holes in it. If you don't think it's plausible, feel free to continue on with your day. Stranger things have happened, after all
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 01-01-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

    1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,014
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I'm not negative. Talking about Stanton in a Mariners trade thread is just dumb IMO. It shows very little ability to stay on topic for sure. Just my opinion. I could be wrong


    My apologies. I guess I'm just used to seeing posters telling other posters their ideas are dumb. It bugs me.
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

    1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    26,772
    vCash
    1500
    i've yet to see or hear anything outside of that little twitter thing

    This is how we do it! I still believe



  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West Covina CA
    Posts
    16,878
    vCash
    1631
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post


    My apologies. I guess I'm just used to seeing posters telling other posters their ideas are dumb. It bugs me.
    Fair enough, happy New Year!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brea,CA
    Posts
    31,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    i've yet to see or hear anything outside of that little twitter thing
    Lol everything comes from Twitter


  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    845
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Again, it's all speculation, but...

    Firstly, the Mariners have inquired about Stanton and those talks went nowhere fast which is why Dre is being discussed now. The Marlins' asking price is likely ridiculous for just one team, especially a rebuilding team, to handle.

    Mariners need a bat, but since they aren't "on the cusp" of being contenders, they're likely not in a hurry to deplete their farm just for one player. In one scenario, indeed the most likely scenario, they send a much smaller package to the Dodgers and get Dre in return. In the purely speculated Stanton scenario, Seattle gets Dre for the same package, but they send that package to Miami, additionally we send a haul to Miami and get Stanton in return.


    REITERATING; this is pure speculation and I'm just playing devil'ls advocate so there's no need to punch holes in it. If you don't think it's plausible, feel free to continue on with your day. Stranger things have happened, after all
    Yes, we desperatly need a bat or 4. . Here is the thing that makes me think this trade wont get done. Our GM is notorious about keeping things under lid. Most of his big trades are complete surprises when it happens. Sometimes you here small rumors here and there and then all of a sudden wham. The fact that Churchill is reporting it makes me doubt if it will happen. I really hope the Stanton rumors has legs and we manage to get something done, but again, if its being reported, good chance it doesn't happen.

    To the guy who posted that the Paxton package I listed blows, it's about the best you're going to get for Ethier. Ethier is an overpaid platoon player. One of the best platoon players, but a platoon player none-the less. Getting 2 B prospects and a borderline C/B is about as good as you can expect for B level talent like Etheir. One of those B is a borderline A prospect anyways.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    North Orange County
    Posts
    9,446
    vCash
    1500
    Trading Dre and getting Bourn would be beyond stupid.
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings
    Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,014
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by THINKBLUE15 View Post
    Trading Dre and getting Bourn would be beyond stupid.
    That's one viewpoint. Keeping things in perspective, however, we wouldn't be trading Dre for Bourn.

    If we trade Dre for a potential 20/20 infielder (like Franklin) and add Bourn with a short-term deal, it becomes less "stupid" IMO.
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

    1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,014
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kpak76 View Post
    Yes, we desperatly need a bat or 4. .

    To the guy who posted that the Paxton package I listed blows, it's about the best you're going to get for Ethier. Ethier is an overpaid platoon player. One of the best platoon players, but a platoon player none-the less. Getting 2 B prospects and a borderline C/B is about as good as you can expect for B level talent like Etheir. One of those B is a borderline A prospect anyways.
    To the first part


    As for the rest, you may be right. I suspect, however, if Franklin is not included then nothing gets done. I'm sure if Franklin was the requirement, you guys would be happier without the trade. We Dodgers fans would be just as happy to keep Dre. He's really not as bad as some Mariners fans are making him out to be. You'd enjoy having him too
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

    1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    845
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    To the first part


    As for the rest, you may be right. I suspect, however, if Franklin is not included then nothing gets done. I'm sure if Franklin was the requirement, you guys would be happier without the trade. We Dodgers fans would be just as happy to keep Dre. He's really not as bad as some Mariners fans are making him out to be. You'd enjoy having him too
    Thats the thing. It just doesn't make sense for you guys also. You are all in to win this year. You should be the ones acquiring pieces like Ethier not selling him off. Bourn is not an upgrade over Ethier. Bourne is a guy who cant hit for **** but can run and play a little defense. Hell, if you are in need for a defensive minded CFer, we have the best in Franklin Gutierrez. He cant actually hit a little too. There is your potential 20/20 guy at CF right there. But personally I would be rather happier holding on to Guti myself than seeing Etheir and his bloated contract. Once again, I like Etheir as a player, just not close to what he is being paid for. That was a huge mistake by your GM to sign him to such a big deal. If I remember correctly, there was no need of it at the time too, he had a couple years left before he was going to hit FA.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    51
    vCash
    1500
    If the Dodgers can trade Andre Ethier for Paxton or Walker and maybe Miller I would be one happy dude. Andre Ethier is a Platoon hitter and getting paid way to much. He can't hit lefties. Why pay a dude that much money when he should be sitting against lefties. Plus Puig will be ready within the next two years.

    Paxton will be a really good #3 with the possibility of being a #2. Hard-throwing lefty that reminds a lot of scouts to Cliff Lee. Walker is a future #1 and I doubt the Mariners would trade him.

    As for Brad Miller, he's the reason the Mariners are toying around with moving Nick Franklin to Second Base. Brad Miller can flat out rake, possibly hit 20 HR in his prime and that is sweet coming from the SS position. His defense improved once he moved to AA last year. He can stick at short stop. If we got Miller, we can move Ramirez to third and get rid of Luis Cruz. Luis Cruz has no business being a starting thirdbaseman on any team. Utility guy at best.

    Come on Dodgers...get rid of the overpaid Andre Ethier.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    845
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OldLAfan View Post
    If the Dodgers can trade Andre Ethier for Paxton or Walker and maybe Miller I would be one happy dude. Andre Ethier is a Platoon hitter and getting paid way to much. He can't hit lefties. Why pay a dude that much money when he should be sitting against lefties. Plus Puig will be ready within the next two years.

    Paxton will be a really good #3 with the possibility of being a #2. Hard-throwing lefty that reminds a lot of scouts to Cliff Lee. Walker is a future #1 and I doubt the Mariners would trade him.

    As for Brad Miller, he's the reason the Mariners are toying around with moving Nick Franklin to Second Base. Brad Miller can flat out rake, possibly hit 20 HR in his prime and that is sweet coming from the SS position. His defense improved once he moved to AA last year. He can stick at short stop. If we got Miller, we can move Ramirez to third and get rid of Luis Cruz. Luis Cruz has no business being a starting thirdbaseman on any team. Utility guy at best.

    Come on Dodgers...get rid of the overpaid Andre Ethier.
    I'm impressed, you really know the farm systems out there.

    If you trust what Jason Churchill thinks (I know, the one who started this whole rumor) Miller has a funky stance and he thinks it might cause some problems. Churchill actually thinks that Miller would be a back-up/role player type. I think he is a bit better and could be a league average starter at SS or above average at 2nd, which would be a good pick-up. Only think is he is probably a year or two farther away from the bigs than Franklin is. Actually Franklin is being considered the swap to second because some think his glove won't transition as a MLB SS. Especially since we have probably the best defensive SS in the game right now. However, if he is moved there he will be blocked by Dustin Ackley. I don't think Miller has 20 HR potential, probably more along the lines of a 15 HR 70 RBI who hits in the bottom of the order at second would be about his ceiling. Maybe he could improve defensively enough to stick at SS and those numbers would be awsome from the SS spot.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •