Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LA RO View Post
    What if it was a 3 way with the marlins involved at Stanton on the way to la with dodgers sending one pitcher n ethier n sea sending prospects to marlins
    Don't forget we also get Harper and Strasburg by trading Gordon to the Nats.

vCash
    Just sayin

vCash
    Have the Marlins pick from Seattle who they would like and then find out who they want from us and go from there??? Then we have a monster hitter from SoCal and if Crawford doesn't do well in a couple years Puig can take over. Puig, Kemp & Stanton sounds good to me. Miami gets the prospects to rebuild and Seattle get's a RF power hitter. And we are stacked!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LA RO View Post
    Just sayin
    I don't think your suggestion is a bad one, fyi, but the Dodgers would have to give up more than Dre. A package centered around Puig and Franklin seems like a good starting point. Dodgers give Ethier, Puig, Gordon, and a little more; Mariners give up Franklin, perhaps an arm or two.

- Marlins get Franklin, Puig, Gordon, and a few more plus-prospects
    - Mariners get Dre
    - Dodgers get Stanton

I don't see it happening though. There are likely a lot of hangups with trading Stanton, but we don't need to look further than the Dodgers' apparent contentedness with the current construction of the middle of the order. They are likely simply looking to add a middle infielder and a lead off hitter.

Trading for Franklin and signing Bourn to a lucrative short-term deal seems like the most logical scenario. However, I always say "never say never."

Good suggestion. Stanton would be ideal and if he was in our lineup I could care less about who was batting leadoff

I would give up Dre + nearly the whole damn farm to get him if it were possible.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 01-01-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpgoblue07 View Post
    Have the Marlins pick from Seattle who they would like and then find out who they want from us and go from there??? Then we have a monster hitter from SoCal and if Crawford doesn't do well in a couple years Puig can take over. Puig, Kemp & Stanton sounds good to me. Miami gets the prospects to rebuild and Seattle get's a RF power hitter. And we are stacked!!
    It sounds nice, I just can't imagine a scenario in which Stanton comes to LA without Puig going to Miami. They would love to have a Cuban defector with his skills simply from a marketing perspective.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 01-01-2013 at 03:34 PM.

vCash
    BTW, although this is all pure speculation on the part of us Dodger fans Puig is, in my opinion, the key that legitimizes it as a worthy piece of speculation.

vCash
    I think this will be a move that is part of the rebuilding the farm plan.

Look to get prospects in this deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    I think this will be a move that is part of the rebuilding the farm plan.

Look to get prospects in this deal.
    I agree, my guess is Franklin. I guess whether or not we get more depends in on how bad the Mariners feel they want/need Dre

FYI; I just read that the Marlins have put out word that Stanton is "going nowhere", but that they will still "listen"

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/giancarlo-stanton/
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 01-01-2013 at 03:48 PM.

vCash
    Jesus Montero
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028

New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks

vCash
    I don't understand how a thread about Ethier getting traded for a package of what is probably B level prospects with us eating salary has turned into the Mariners giving up one of the top specs and us getting Stanton!! This thread is not about the Dodgers getting Stanton. There shouldn't be any threads about that.

vCash
    Anyone have legit sources?

Because if not I'm going to close this..
    Last edited by DodgerB24; 01-01-2013 at 04:54 PM.

vCash
    Puig makes like 1000x more than Stanton. Its a massive downgrade both in talent and expenses for the Marlins.

vCash
    Yup prolly just for specs to build farm and sign Bourn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Az_Dodgers_Fan View Post
    Puig makes like 1000x more than Stanton. Its a massive downgrade both in talent and expenses for the Marlins.
    For one year, yes. Next offseason, Stanton hits arbitration and will make a boatload through that process... Puig is locked in at $6mil for what, 6-7 years?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I don't understand how a thread about Ethier getting traded for a package of what is probably B level prospects with us eating salary has turned into the Mariners giving up one of the top specs and us getting Stanton!! This thread is not about the Dodgers getting Stanton. There shouldn't be any threads about that.
    Err? Where did you get b-level prospects from? As far as the Mariners are concerned, maybe you should simply have read the source links...

The Stanton thing was pure speculation on a poster's part. I don't know why some of you guys are so damn negative all the time.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast