Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    There's no way they'd accept without one of Walker, Montero or Zunino, IMO.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Yeah, but Montero doesnt have much value to them does he? If we dont think he can play a position, neither do they.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    What if u told them pick one of Montero, Zunino, walker or Hultzen. I still think I'm okay with it. This is a franchise changing player and tbh we can't be 100% positive about any of the four mentioned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    What if u told them pick one of Montero, Zunino, walker or Hultzen. I still think I'm okay with it. This is a franchise changing player and tbh we can't be 100% positive about any of the four mentioned.
    If its only one, go fer it.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Yup I think that's where u start and then u put a list of the next tier guys and say pick x amount and then the lower level c specs pick x amount.

vCash
    its hard not to think that a base offer of Walker/Hultzen, Paxton, Franklin, Another hitter such as Vcat, Romano etc not named Miller with a Capps or Pryer type BP arm would have us in the discussion

vCash
    Give em two.

vCash
    idk, i still think there gonna want a saunders, seager or possibly ackley somewhere in there.... i think compared to other teams we have a better package of specs than most, but not so much a big league guy, and there going to want a combination of a top spec(s), and instant starter(s).

vCash
    Perfect give em Saunders and/or Seager and/or anyone on the big club except Ackley, Montero, and they aren't gonna want Felix anyway so throw him in there.

vCash
    Saunders and Seager? Thats just silly if they are in with Walker, Franklin and Paxton.

vCash
    I meant on the available players list, sorry.

vCash
    Frankly, as GMZ I make a list of overvalued specs/players we have, and an undervalued list. Try and package the overvalued specs to get the most bang for our buck. Likewise, list the guys we have that might have legit value that we're starting to think twice about. If they overvalue one of our top specs, he headlines our trade package. I don't care which pitcher it is, if they key in on a guy, you tell them "ok, but you don't get everyone you want after him..." We negotiate after that. But giving them the primary guy they want gives us room to argue/haggle afterwards.

I would try my damnedest to keep Zunino and Victor Sanchez, simply because I doubt another team values them enough. Same thing might go for Romero and Miller, but Romero might be one of those "overvalue" types that gets the deal done. I just see him as a nice potential replacement for Seager if he goes in the trade.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    I like Romero, but fear he could be VCat 2.0. Very similar situation.

I definitely dont want him AND Seager to go. If Seager has to go, I want him here. Just like I want Miller here if Franklin goes.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    I like Romero, but fear he could be VCat 2.0. Very similar situation.

I definitely dont want him AND Seager to go. If Seager has to go, I want him here. Just like I want Miller here if Franklin goes.
    I fully agree. We have the ability to trade highly "rated"/desirable specs from positions of depth, but in doing that I don't want to double up from a position so that its no longer a future place of depth. We have a ton of nice SS types (Franklin, Miller, DeCarlo, Lopes, etc), so one of them is easy to let go of. Same with 2B with Ackley, Seager, Franklin, Miller, Romero, etc.

If we're trading Seager I would like to hold onto Romero. I don't see him as VCat ver. 2.0, and I don't think its fair to treat him as such simply because they both started off great before AAA. No offense, but that's really kind of stupid thinking... they are different people, not just different players. Lots of factors go into why a guy slumps at a new level.

If we're trading Franklin, I keep Miller, or vice versa.

If Ackley is included instead of Seager, then I keep one of Miller/Franklin and Romero.

With the pitchers, we have so many options and legitimate depth that I simply try my best not to overpay too much for Stanton, but give them what it takes. With Walker, Hultzen, JPax, Sanchez, Maurer, Erasmo, and even deeper to Shipers, Trevor Miller and Pries, we have an excess to trade from.

So long as we trade from our depth, I think it should be easy to give a thumbs up...

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast