Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Adrian Peterson Appreciation Thread

If this thread exists or somewhere like it does, then go ahead and delete/merge it.

But I just wanna say bros, how lucky are we to have Adrian Peterson on our team? On and off the field he's one of the most classy guys in the league. We can't say enough about his talents and abilities. And even though he came up just 9 yards short of the all-time season rushing record, the ability to do it less than a year removed from major knee surgery? In my mind, screw the 2,105. In my mind, the numbers AD put up this season are enough to warrant the best single season rushing performance in NFL history. And if he doesn't get MVP, it'd be a travesty.

When it's all said and done, I think Adrian will go down as the best RB to ever play in the NFL. I really hope he wins a Superbowl, multiple Superbowls for that matter, and I hope he wins em all in Minnesota. There's just nobody, past or present, that even comes close to the player/person that Adrian Peterson is. We truly are lucky to have him.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    hes a poor mans rondo... thats his ceiling... he will never be a top 5 pg in this league .... EVER

vCash
    truely!

people say the importance of QBs this... Running backs that... QB > RB... and for the most part, thats true. but look at the RBs for teams in the playoffs this year:

AFC:
    1. Broncos (McGahee and Moreno combined for 1250 yards)
    2. NE (Ridley 1260)
    3. Texans (Foster 1420)
    4. Ravens (Rice 1140)
    5. Colts (Ballard and Brown 1300)
    6. Bengals (BGE 1100)

NFC:
    1. Falcons (Turner and Rodgers 1200)
    2. SF (Gore 1210)
    3. GB (Benson, Starks and Green 1500)
    4. Washington (Morris 1610)
    5. Seattle (Lynch 1590)
    6. Vikes (AP 2100)

"I yam sofa king we todd did" - Musgrave

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    Ap is the man!

vCash
    One of the classiest hardworking guys in all of sports, He deserves any and everything good that come to him. I have seen a bunch of his off the field things and he is great with kids and you can tell clear as day he means it and isn't doing it just for the cameras. I strongly believe in my heart we are going to beef our our O-line even more and he is going to break the record next year or the year after. We are so lucky to have him for the next 7 years.

vCash
    i like him too.

vCash
    One of the top 900 running backs of all time...no doubt in my mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    One of the top 900 running backs of all time...no doubt in my mind.
    Damn right. AP is a beast

THIS IS PHOTO EVIDENCE THAT GOINGFOR28 GETS PAID FOR DOING THIS

vCash
    We are extremely privileged to have Peterson on our team. He seems to be pretty down-to-earth and his play on the field this year was invaluable. I mean would we be in the playoffs if Peterson even had a solid 1,200 or 1,300 yard season.

vCash
    My favorite part about Peterson is how down to earth he is. Yea he would of loved to get that record but his # priority has always been about the team. This guy doesn't have a selfish bone in his body. Now I'm just waiting for Rob Parker to call him a "cornball brother" lol

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    im honored to watch this guy week in and week out. He has quickly become my favorite player of all time.

WE LOVE YOU AP

RaptorsMaple LeafssVikingsssBlue JayssInterTFC

vCash
    Randy Moss has been my favorite player of all-time since I was a 10 year old kid in 1998. Now I'd have to say it's even between him and AD with a good possibility of Adrian passing him in the next week or two. It truly is fun to watch this guy run and I feel lucky to be a Viking fan at this point in history, if only for that reason.

vCash
    Another reason I love this guy.

ADRIAN PETERSON WANTS IN ON THE SPECIAL TEAMS ACTION

If you can remember Vikings details back to 2007, you probably recall a time when then coach Brad Childress would mix in the team's dynamic rookie running back into the kick return game. You probably also remember in week five when that dynamic rookie back (Adrian Peterson), returned a Robbie Gould Kickoff 53-yards with just over a minute to play setting up a 55-yard field goal for Ryan Longwell to win the game. Well so does Adrian Peterson, and he want more!

Fresh off of his career high water mark of 34 rushing attempts, Adrian Peterson isn't sore. He's not tired or looking for an excuse to rest, he's looking for more opportunities to carry the ball.

"[I'm] not sore at all," Peterson told reporters on Wednesday afternoon. "My body, my knee, my shoulders, everything feels good."

Earlier in the afternoon, special teams coordinator Mike Priefer joked at the podium saying that Peterson often rags on him trying to get in on the special teams action.

"AP always asks to be on special teams," Priefer said. "He always asks. He's a football player. Gunner, field goal block, returner. The guy is awesome. I always say yes and then I ask the head coach and he says no. I know what the answer is going to be, I don't even have to ask [anymore]."

Taking the podium after Priefer, Peterson confirmed the story saying, "For the past two years I have been trying to get in on field goal block come in off the edge...Kickoff return, I wouldn't mind getting back there. I'm in it to win...I believe in having your best players on the field, especially in critical times. You never know what can happen. Thats what I would do."
    Link

vCash

vCash
    You would think a guy coming off this type of season would want to take just a little break...I mean 2-3 weeks or something but no he's taking like 1 week off and it's not really even a week off. He's coming back next year hungrier the ever. His work ethic I'd have to think can be second to no one and you'd have to think it ranks up there with Jerry Rice...might be even better.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    I say we reward AP with spending this whole offseason making him the best rushing offensive line in the history of the sport...Im talking a line that would allow a 3rd stringer to rush for over 1000+yards....Thats what we need,,,in doing this it will allow Ponder to have a line that would give him ridiculous time to let our average WRs get open or for Percy to be double covered and still get open with time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast