Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1120
  1. #991
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,612
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    No one has ever argued that defense isn't a large part of the formula.

    Good teams, surprise, surprise, do both. Defense doesn't win championships, the most complete team does. Simple as that.
    Wasn't aware I argued otherwise.

    My main point was to show that defense is still a large part of the game and some people are saying its high powered offenses that win, which is clearly false.

  2. #992
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    738
    vCash
    1500
    Outscoring the other team wins championships. I win the arguement. You may reward me however you see fit.

  3. #993
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hievan View Post
    Outscoring the other team wins championships. I win the arguement. You may reward me however you see fit.
    I'll reward you with a pick 6!

  4. #994
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    738
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    I'll reward you with a pick 6!
    .....i accept this

  5. #995
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hievan View Post
    .....i accept this
    hehehe Your welcome.

  6. #996
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    No one has ever argued that defense isn't a large part of the formula.

    Good teams, surprise, surprise, do both. Defense doesn't win championships, the most complete team does. Simple as that.
    I never disagreed with this. I am disagreeing with people saying that Flacco and/or Kaepernick is the reason their team is in the SB this year.

    And, when building a SB caliber team, defense is the best place to start, other team can't win if they cant score. Defenses can also put points on the board. Offense can score and they can prolong drives to limit the time the opposing offense has, but ultimately, by nature of the game, they still have to give the opposing team the chance to answer their score by kicking off to them after every score.

    Yes, of course, no defense is perfect and able to pitch shutouts every game so offense is extremely important as well and as a result the most complete teams win. I am merely pointing out that emphasizing defense or making defense your priority is a great way to go
    PSD's c_reinert

  7. #997
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,244
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    No one has ever argued that defense isn't a large part of the formula.

    Good teams, surprise, surprise, do both. Defense doesn't win championships, the most complete team does. Simple as that.
    Bingo.....Kaepernick isn't being slobbered on had the Niners given up one more TD the second half or even 2 FG's..

    Also people saying the Giants run was because of Eli are way of he was really good but their defense stepping it up at the right time is what propelled them into the playoffs in the first place and helped them beat the Niners. Nowadays its all about balance you can't be one dimensional at anything and be successful


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  8. #998
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    41,102
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    I never disagreed with this. I am disagreeing with people saying that Flacco and/or Kaepernick is the reason their team is in the SB this year.

    And, when building a SB caliber team, defense is the best place to start, other team can't win if they cant score. Defenses can also put points on the board. Offense can score and they can prolong drives to limit the time the opposing offense has, but ultimately, by nature of the game, they still have to give the opposing team the chance to answer their score by kicking off to them after every score.

    Yes, of course, no defense is perfect and able to pitch shutouts every game so offense is extremely important as well and as a result the most complete teams win. I am merely pointing out that emphasizing defense or making defense your priority is a great way to go
    That's where you are wrong though. Kaepernick and Flacco (as much as it pains me to say) ARE the reason their teams are in the SB. To argue the contrary is silly.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

  9. #999
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    That's where you are wrong though. Kaepernick and Flacco (as much as it pains me to say) ARE the reason their teams are in the SB. To argue the contrary is silly.
    Im sorry, were there not 21+ other players on the field that game? Did Flacco and Kaepernick evade pass rushers without the help of blockers, toss the ball up, catch it themselves then make their way to the endzone? Were they responsible for stopping the other teams offense and getting the ball back in their own hands?

    Im not saying they didnt have good games, but to say they are responsible, and not that the team as a whole is responsible is just asinine
    PSD's c_reinert

  10. #1000
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,016
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Im sorry, were there not 21+ other players on the field that game? Did Flacco and Kaepernick evade pass rushers without the help of blockers, toss the ball up, catch it themselves then make their way to the endzone? Were they responsible for stopping the other teams offense and getting the ball back in their own hands?

    Im not saying they didnt have good games, but to say they are responsible, and not that the team as a whole is responsible is just asinine
    100%. This isnt tennis or golf. Football is arguably the most team oriented sport in terms of the major ones. One player cannot do everything on their own or even come close.

  11. #1001
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    41,102
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Im sorry, were there not 21+ other players on the field that game? Did Flacco and Kaepernick evade pass rushers without the help of blockers, toss the ball up, catch it themselves then make their way to the endzone? Were they responsible for stopping the other teams offense and getting the ball back in their own hands?

    Im not saying they didnt have good games, but to say they are responsible, and not that the team as a whole is responsible is just asinine
    Of course it's a team game, you're taking what I said to the extreme. Despite average play from both defenses, both of them played at an extremely high level assured their team victory.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

  12. #1002
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,244
    vCash
    1500
    No he's not taking it to the extreme because he's actually right.
    Flacco had a solid game but to say he played a extremely high level against the broncos is jokes.
    The Ravens defense actually played really good and even scored a td themselves and got some clutch turnovers after Flacco ****ed up.

    Ravens defense only gave up 21 points got 1 td themselves and held the Broncos to only 7 points in the second half.

    But lets keep hyping up Flacco, he had like a 52% completion percentage to against a crummy secondary in that same game.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  13. #1003
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    41,102
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    No he's not taking it to the extreme because he's actually right.
    Flacco had a solid game but to say he played a extremely high level against the broncos is jokes.
    The Ravens defense actually played really good and even scored a td themselves and got some clutch turnovers after Flacco ****ed up.

    Ravens defense only gave up 21 points got 1 td themselves and held the Broncos to only 7 points in the second half.

    But lets keep hyping up Flacco, he had like a 52% completion percentage to against a crummy secondary in that same game.
    I didn't mention the Broncos game.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

  14. #1004
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Durango, Colorado
    Posts
    3,299
    vCash
    1500
    the two teams in the superbowl have had the best TO differential in the playoffs

    i think that says it loud and clear, defenses that force big plays and QBs that don't make big mistakes win championships

  15. #1005
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,387
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    That's where you are wrong though. Kaepernick and Flacco (as much as it pains me to say) ARE the reason their teams are in the SB. To argue the contrary is silly.
    c'mon, guy. you are better than that. not much better. but better than saying flacco is the reason the ravens are in the SB. the ravens d held the best offense in the nfl (best by a mile) led by a first ballot hall of fame qb (arguably the best of his generation) to 13 points! and you are saying this in the context of an argument about the importance of defense in today's game. ravens' d was huge! kind of silly argument to say one or the other. but to say flacco is the reason is insanity.

Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •