Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1120
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    No one has ever argued that defense isn't a large part of the formula.

Good teams, surprise, surprise, do both. Defense doesn't win championships, the most complete team does. Simple as that.
    Wasn't aware I argued otherwise.

My main point was to show that defense is still a large part of the game and some people are saying its high powered offenses that win, which is clearly false.

vCash
    Outscoring the other team wins championships. I win the arguement. You may reward me however you see fit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hievan View Post
    Outscoring the other team wins championships. I win the arguement. You may reward me however you see fit.
    I'll reward you with a pick 6!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    I'll reward you with a pick 6!
    .....i accept this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hievan View Post
    .....i accept this
    hehehe Your welcome.

vCash

Good teams, surprise, surprise, do both. Defense doesn't win championships, the most complete team does. Simple as that.
    I never disagreed with this. I am disagreeing with people saying that Flacco and/or Kaepernick is the reason their team is in the SB this year.

And, when building a SB caliber team, defense is the best place to start, other team can't win if they cant score. Defenses can also put points on the board. Offense can score and they can prolong drives to limit the time the opposing offense has, but ultimately, by nature of the game, they still have to give the opposing team the chance to answer their score by kicking off to them after every score.

Yes, of course, no defense is perfect and able to pitch shutouts every game so offense is extremely important as well and as a result the most complete teams win. I am merely pointing out that emphasizing defense or making defense your priority is a great way to go
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash

Bingo.....Kaepernick isn't being slobbered on had the Niners given up one more TD the second half or even 2 FG's..

Also people saying the Giants run was because of Eli are way of he was really good but their defense stepping it up at the right time is what propelled them into the playoffs in the first place and helped them beat the Niners. Nowadays its all about balance you can't be one dimensional at anything and be successful

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    I never disagreed with this. I am disagreeing with people saying that Flacco and/or Kaepernick is the reason their team is in the SB this year.

And, when building a SB caliber team, defense is the best place to start, other team can't win if they cant score. Defenses can also put points on the board. Offense can score and they can prolong drives to limit the time the opposing offense has, but ultimately, by nature of the game, they still have to give the opposing team the chance to answer their score by kicking off to them after every score.

Yes, of course, no defense is perfect and able to pitch shutouts every game so offense is extremely important as well and as a result the most complete teams win. I am merely pointing out that emphasizing defense or making defense your priority is a great way to go
    That's where you are wrong though. Kaepernick and Flacco (as much as it pains me to say) ARE the reason their teams are in the SB. To argue the contrary is silly.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    That's where you are wrong though. Kaepernick and Flacco (as much as it pains me to say) ARE the reason their teams are in the SB. To argue the contrary is silly.
    Im sorry, were there not 21+ other players on the field that game? Did Flacco and Kaepernick evade pass rushers without the help of blockers, toss the ball up, catch it themselves then make their way to the endzone? Were they responsible for stopping the other teams offense and getting the ball back in their own hands?

Im not saying they didnt have good games, but to say they are responsible, and not that the team as a whole is responsible is just asinine
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Im sorry, were there not 21+ other players on the field that game? Did Flacco and Kaepernick evade pass rushers without the help of blockers, toss the ball up, catch it themselves then make their way to the endzone? Were they responsible for stopping the other teams offense and getting the ball back in their own hands?

Im not saying they didnt have good games, but to say they are responsible, and not that the team as a whole is responsible is just asinine
    100%. This isnt tennis or golf. Football is arguably the most team oriented sport in terms of the major ones. One player cannot do everything on their own or even come close.

vCash

Of course it's a team game, you're taking what I said to the extreme. Despite average play from both defenses, both of them played at an extremely high level assured their team victory.

vCash
    No he's not taking it to the extreme because he's actually right.
    Flacco had a solid game but to say he played a extremely high level against the broncos is jokes.
    The Ravens defense actually played really good and even scored a td themselves and got some clutch turnovers after Flacco ****ed up.

Ravens defense only gave up 21 points got 1 td themselves and held the Broncos to only 7 points in the second half.

But lets keep hyping up Flacco, he had like a 52% completion percentage to against a crummy secondary in that same game.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    No he's not taking it to the extreme because he's actually right.
    Flacco had a solid game but to say he played a extremely high level against the broncos is jokes.
    The Ravens defense actually played really good and even scored a td themselves and got some clutch turnovers after Flacco ****ed up.

Ravens defense only gave up 21 points got 1 td themselves and held the Broncos to only 7 points in the second half.

But lets keep hyping up Flacco, he had like a 52% completion percentage to against a crummy secondary in that same game.
    I didn't mention the Broncos game.

vCash
    the two teams in the superbowl have had the best TO differential in the playoffs

i think that says it loud and clear, defenses that force big plays and QBs that don't make big mistakes win championships

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    c'mon, guy. you are better than that. not much better. but better than saying flacco is the reason the ravens are in the SB. the ravens d held the best offense in the nfl (best by a mile) led by a first ballot hall of fame qb (arguably the best of his generation) to 13 points! and you are saying this in the context of an argument about the importance of defense in today's game. ravens' d was huge! kind of silly argument to say one or the other. but to say flacco is the reason is insanity.

Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast