Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Baltimore ranked middle of the road all season defensively and the SF'ers defense didn't do them any favors against ATL. It was their offense that won that game. Just like their offense beat GB.
    you cant be serious.
    are you telling me that D that pitched a shutout in the second half didn't help?
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    Defense certainly played a part, but Kaepernick is the #1 reason they're going to The Superbowl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeman View Post
    you cant be serious.
    are you telling me that D that pitched a shutout in the second half didn't help?
    They pitched a "shutout" after surrendering 24 first half points where Atlanta absolutely shredded them. Also if Ryan completes the 4th down play on the 10 yard line, are we talking about how the SF defense saved them? Or how theylet them down.

Kaepernick is why they're in the Super Bowl. And it's not even close.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Defense certainly played a part, but Kaepernick is the #1 reason they're going to The Superbowl
    yes and thats why they were winning with Alex Smith at QB and the switch was a no brainer and widely accepted.

They pitched a "shutout" after surrendering 24 first half points where Atlanta absolutely shredded them. Also if Ryan completes the 4th down play on the 10 yard line, are we talking about how the SF defense saved them? Or how theylet them down.

the fact that they were able to shut them out in the second half after giving up 24 in the 1st half says a lot about their D, the fact that the 2 teams in the superbowel have outstanding D that are aggressive, hard hitters and forces turnovers means something!
    football is the ultimate team sport and both teams shows that.

The 49ers Defense made the bigggggg stop on 4th down, that was that play that decided the game!

i love Kaepernick and what they are doing with him but lets be honest, these coaches have proven that they can win with either QB and simply went with the guy that allowed them to open there playbook more.

It's not how you start, but how you finish

Offense sells tickets, Defense wins championships!
    Last edited by strokeman; 01-21-2013 at 06:53 PM.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeman View Post
    yes and thats why they were winning with Alex Smith at QB and the switch was a no brainer and widely accepted.

the fact that they were able to shut them out in the second half after giving up 24 in the 1st half says a lot about their D, the fact that the 2 teams in the superbowel have outstanding D that are aggressive, hard hitters and forces turnovers means something!
    football is the ultimate team sport and both teams shows that.

The 49ers Defense made the bigggggg stop on 4th down, that was that play that decided the game!

i love Kaepernick and what they are doing with him but lets be honest, these coaches have proven that they can win with either QB and simply went with the guy that allowed them to open there playbook more.

It's not how you start, but how you finish

Offense sells tickets, Defense wins championships!
    Hey, look, apparently ESPN hacked your account, dude. Better get that checked.

If defense won championships, then Colin Kaepernick wouldn't have had to march that team down the field with 5 minutes left in the game for their 28th point in the game and they'd have won when they scored their 21st point. Fact is, the defense put them in a huge, massive hole, the offense saved them, and the defense played just well enough on the last drive to stop them on the 10 yard line, after Matt Ryan, yet again, moved his team down the field. Their offense saved their defense. The 49'ers are just the best team in the NFC, they're not doing it because "defense wins championships" or anything silly ESPN came up with a long time ago. Yes, teams with good defense wins championships. But usually good teams, have good offenses and good defenses.

But keep on eatin' what Phil Sims and Jim Nantz are feedin' ya.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-21-2013 at 07:39 PM.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Kaep won that game yesterday, plain and simple.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash

really? i dont think they shredded them, i mean they were playing solid defense on them an the falcons were making the plays an it's a team effort the def did pretty well with letting a very good offense only getting 24 points an forcing some turnovers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the brave eagle View Post
    really? i dont think they shredded them, i mean they were playing solid defense on them an the falcons were making the plays an it's a team effort the def did pretty well with letting a very good offense only getting 24 points an forcing some turnovers
    Julio Jones put up like, 160 yards receiving. That's the clear definition of shredding. The 49'ers defense was abused in the first half.

Yes they made some really great adjustments mid-game. But none of that erases an awful first half that put their team in a 17 point hole. That forced their offense to dig them out of it.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Julio Jones put up like, 160 yards receiving. That's the clear definition of shredding. The 49'ers defense was abused in the first half.

Yes they made some really great adjustments mid-game. But none of that erases an awful first half that put their team in a 17 point hole. That forced their offense to dig them out of it.
    No offense, but I dont think you can legitimately label it as the offense "digging them out" when they shut them out in the entire 2nd half. In total 24 points to a NFC championship offense (on a team that had the best record in the league) isnt a "bad" showing. San Fran lives and dies by their defense, that's just a fact
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash

If defense won championships, then Colin Kaepernick wouldn't have had to march that team down the field with 5 minutes left in the game for their 28th point in the game and they'd have won when they scored their 21st point. Fact is, the defense put them in a huge, massive hole, the offense saved them, and the defense played just well enough on the last drive to stop them on the 10 yard line, after Matt Ryan, yet again, moved his team down the field. Their offense saved their defense. The 49'ers are just the best team in the NFC, they're not doing it because "defense wins championships" or anything silly ESPN came up with a long time ago. Yes, teams with good defense wins championships. But usually good teams, have good offenses and good defenses.

you keep talking about the huge hole the Defense put them in, in the first, but remember, every time ATL score the 49ers offense got the ball back and had a chance to do the same.
    to hold any team scoreless in the second half (where the game is decided) is impressive so to do it after giving up 24 points in the 1st says a lot.
    i'm pretty sure i saw that 49ers Defense made a huge stop in the red zone. championship defense bend but don't break.
    where is P.Manning?
    Where is T. Brady?
    there are 2 defensive teams in the superbowl.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash

you keep talking about the huge hole the Defense put them in, in the first, but remember, every time ATL score the 49ers offense got the ball back and had a chance to do the same.
    to hold any team scoreless in the second half (where the game is decided) is impressive so to do it after giving up 24 points in the 1st says a lot.
    i'm pretty sure i saw that 49ers Defense made a huge stop in the red zone. championship defense bend but don't break.
    where is P.Manning?
    Where is T. Brady?
    there are 2 defensive teams in the superbowl.

is this suppose to be about the EAGLES Official Coaching Search?
    i guess the DC doesnt matter either
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    peyton manning and tom brady are at home with their 4 superbowl rings and like 7 superbowl appearances between them.

packers seemed to win a superbowl with an average defense, and the giants seemed to ride Eli manning pretty nicely, the saints seemed to do a nice job of winning with an average defense.

shall i continue

vCash
    Yea,I gotta agree.This day and age defense doesn't win championships.The NFL is so heavily skewed towards the offense,even the great 1986 Bears defense would have a hard time slowing good offensive teams down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    peyton manning and tom brady are at home with their 4 superbowl rings and like 7 superbowl appearances between them.

packers seemed to win a superbowl with an average defense, and the giants seemed to ride Eli manning pretty nicely, the saints seemed to do a nice job of winning with an average defense.

shall i continue
    Tampa Bay Bucs, Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Giants, New England Patriots (the years they actually won the SB, not trips they made to it only to then lose). All of whom won SBs in recent memory thanks to their respective defenses.

In the last dozen SBs, 11/12 teams with the better defense won the championship game...

Terry Bradshaw has as many rings as Brany and Manning put together... But is anyone really going to argue that he was a better QB than either of those two? No. Not even close. He had arguably the best defense of all time at his back
    Last edited by c_reinert; 01-22-2013 at 12:17 AM.
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Tampa Bay Bucs, Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Giants, New England Patriots (the years they actually won the SB, not trips they made to it only to then lose). All of whom won SBs in recent memory thanks to their respective defenses.

In the last dozen SBs, 11/12 teams with the better defense won the championship game...

Terry Bradshaw has as many rings as Brany and Manning put together... But is anyone really going to argue that he was a better QB than either of those two? No. Not even close. He had arguably the best defense of all time at his back
    yes. 2 teams with good offenses will have the difference maker of a defense.

just like 2 elite defensive teams will have a difference maker of who has the better offense.

the ravens had the best RB in the NFL and a QB who never turned it over. offense played a factor. the years the patriots won the superbowl they had a balanced team. they weren't a defensive team or offensive team. they were great on both sides of the ball. thats why they won 3 in 4 years.

the giants rode eli manning in both. their defense made plays but if you remember Eli manning had all time playoff runs

how many teams have went through the playoffs especially the last decade and actually held teams under 14 points for the whole playoffs

Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast