Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Horton is more like a rental for Cleveland this year. Hes going to be a HC next year somewhere and the Eagles probably wanted a guy that committed to the team.

vCash
    FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop
    Learned tonight that former Kentucky DC Rick Minter will be part of Chip Kelly's staff in Philadelphia
    college coaches keep rolling in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McPeak92 View Post
    college coaches keep rolling in.
    You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

Rick Minter sucks. Rick Minter is literally awful. Rick Minter is just awful. I have been forced to watch his absolutely abysmal defense at Kentucky for two years in a row. Rick Minter, is also, a total douchebag.

Jesus Christ.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    What on earths going on lol. Whatever works.

Also heard Bobby April went to the Raiders so we'll need a new ST coach to.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    What on earths going on lol. Whatever works.

Also heard Bobby April went to the Raiders so we'll need a new ST coach to.
    Not that it was really all his fault, but good riddance. We were terrible this year on ST.

vCash
    True but we also didn't have good players for it.
    But our FG kicker did look better the last 2 years and our punter looked solid this year. But the return game was horrible.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I know your a Kentucky fan but how good can a Kentucky defense be with the players they have. Having said thy he'll probably just be a positional coach at best

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I know your a Kentucky fan but how good can a Kentucky defense be with the players they have. Having said thy he'll probably just be a positional coach at best
    Kentucky has actually produced 7 NFL draft picks on the defensive side of the football over the last 5 years (Pryor, Peters, Woodyard, Trevathen, Guy, Lindley, Jarmon). Denver's leading tackler? UK product Wesley Woodyard, for example. Two guys drafted just last year, one of whom, Danny Trevathen (Denver as well) had significant playing time as a rookie (played in their base nickel package, ended the season with 33 tackles and 1 sack). A few of those guys missed at the NFL level, but Corey Peters has been a starting Falcons DT for sometime, and Myron Pryor sees action in NE quite often on passing downs (when healthy). As bad as Kentucky can be at times, they're putting guys into the NFL.

We've actually had at least one or 2 NFL caliber players on our defense for a handful of years. Last year's defense probably had two-three guys who will play on Sundays (Avery Williamson and Bud Dupree). Despite that, we were beyond terrible. I mean, awful. He ran a defense that was entirely too confusing for anyone to pick up. He has a weird, SS/LB hybrid and a DE/OLB position. His job will likely revolve around the DE/OLB position (as our guy in that slot last year, Bud Dupree, was excellent at that), but I can almost assure you the only reason Minter is here is due to his familiarity with the hybrid style of defense.

vCash
    Not that it mean's anything but Mike Trgovac was DL coach at ND while Minter was DC there. I agree that Eagles want to run a hybrid 4-3/3-4 front and Trgovac has history in both defenses, could be a candidate.

vCash
    The good thing about 3-4 OLB's is you don't necessarily need a top 10 pick to get one you can get one late in the first or even somewhere in the second cause they are so hard to predict, which next year can come in handy when were picking 32nd

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    i don't know who will be the DC but Defense wins championships!
    Eagles offseason:
    Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    Sign/draft Outside LB
    Sign/draft Inside LB (Ryans Replacement)
    evulate/Sign/draft QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Not that it was really all his fault, but good riddance. We were terrible this year on ST.
    This year? LOL I firmly believe since we lost John Harbaugh our special teams production NOSE DIVED big time. And April was supposed to be the best in the league? Right....

Quote Originally Posted by strokeman View Post
    i don't know who will be the DC but Defense wins championships!
    You know, I think its really funny how all these professional, paid, ex-coaches, ex-players were all preaching last week "defense's dont win championships anymore, strong offense's prevails". And while if you look at the last few Super Bowls they seem correct. But I also love it how 2 of the top 6 defenses in the NFL RIGHT NOW are playing for Lombardi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    This year? LOL I firmly believe since we lost John Harbaugh our special teams production NOSE DIVED big time. And April was supposed to be the best in the league? Right....

You know, I think its really funny how all these professional, paid, ex-coaches, ex-players were all preaching last week "defense's dont win championships anymore, strong offense's prevails". And while if you look at the last few Super Bowls they seem correct. But I also love it how 2 of the top 6 defenses in the NFL RIGHT NOW are playing for Lombardi
    Baltimore ranked middle of the road all season defensively and the SF'ers defense didn't do them any favors against ATL. It was their offense that won that game. Just like their offense beat GB.

vCash
    Can we please try and find a way to trade for Kaepernick? I've got a huge man crush forming.

OK Nick, you see that over there? That's what used to be of our playoff chances.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to screw you over.

vCash
    Loved Kaepernick since Nevada....never thought he'd turn out to be this good this quick.

Page 64 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast