Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It's going to be interesting to see who we hire as DC.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Pat Shurmur as OC ? I wonder what kind of system will we run with this coaching combo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartman11 View Post
    Pat Shurmur as OC ? I wonder what kind of system will we run with this coaching combo
    Chip Kelly's system, I think.

Shurmer is probably being brought in with his familiarity with some of the players, the city and while he wasn't a great head coach, he's been one now, so he can probably advise a little on that front as well (plus, there's a lot you can say about Cleveland but they did play hard every game). He was here for a long time (10 years, I think), and the OC under Kelly is really a title, less of a job considering Kelly's system will prevail and he's going to run the offense fully.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Chip Kelly's system, I think.

Shurmer is probably being brought in with his familiarity with some of the players, the city and while he wasn't a great head coach, he's been one now, so he can probably advise a little on that front as well (plus, there's a lot you can say about Cleveland but they did play hard every game). He was here for a long time (10 years, I think), and the OC under Kelly is really a title, less of a job considering Kelly's system will prevail and he's going to run the offense fully.
    He was also a reputable quarterback coach under Reid....

I think, if they can work cohesively, shurmurs vanilla approach will mesh well with kellys uptempo offense....

Its a great sign to me that Kelly is thinKing outside himself for the betterment of the team...

That shows a lack of ego... Something we need

vCash
    not a fan of pat shurmur, not sure why they would be interested

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the brave eagle View Post
    not a fan of pat shurmur, not sure why they would be interested
    Well it not like he or anyone else is going to have much of an impact, like Marty did and his god awful play calling, with Chip as HC.

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    Well it not like he or anyone else is going to have much of an impact, like Marty did and his god awful play calling, with Chip as HC.
    I think that's the overwhelming consensus around eagles fans...

However, I think we may be suprised how much he is responsible for...

He might be directly responsible for the development of nick foles....

He is, undoubtedly, going to be responsible for directing kellys offense into
    An NFL effective design...

The idea that you'd higher a former NFL head coach to sit on his *** and look pretty is sort of funny...

vCash
    Shurmer is not as bad as you guys think he just really had nothing to work with since the Rams...

regardless Kelly is making the playcalls

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Liked shurmur. Smart guy. Did the best he could with mcnabbs mechanics. He'll be here to bounce traditional west coast offense ideas around with chips new age offense. Meeting of the minds.

Bradford was at his best under shurmur as OC and qb coach. He understands how to identify a qbs strengths and weaknesses. That'll also be his job

vCash
    http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013...e-coordinator/

Chip Kelly‘s staff will have a little Andy Reid flavor to it.

The Eagles will name Pat Shurmur offensive coordinator, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

“For me, [my goal is] to put the best staff possible together with the same vision that I have. I believe that the value of that is huge, and we all have to understand what our vision is, and how we want this football team to look like, and then coach like that every single day,” said Kelly on Friday. “You have to rely on people that have been there before, and we understand that.”

Kelly is also expected to tab longtime Eagles assistant Ted Williams as tight ends coach while Duce Staley will take over as running backs coach.

Shurmur spent the last two seasons as head coach of the Browns, compiling a 9-23 record over that time. He was the offensive coordinator for the Rams from 2009-10. Prior to that, he served 10 seasons under Reid as the Eagles’ quarterbacks coach (’99-08).

The Browns ranked 30th and 24th, respectively, in scoring offense with Shurmur at the helm. The Rams ranked 32nd and 26th with Shurmur as the offensive coordinator.

The 47-year-old spent eight years as the tight ends coach at Michigan State and one year as Stanford’s offensive line coach before joining the NFL ranks.

The organization parted with Reid on amicable terms. Now head man in Kansas City, Reid helped the Eagles’s recruiting process and was in communication with Kelly.

“One person that I really want to thank, in terms of advice in this whole thing, was Andy Reid and the fact that Andy reached out to me and told me about his experience here just told me what this organization’s all about,” said Kelly. “There’s not a classier guy. When Andy texted me yesterday when I accepted the job, I told him that I had really, really, really big shoes to fill and in typical Andy fashion, he said, ‘Just be yourself and you’ll be fine.’ I want to publicly thank Andy because that really right there spoke to me about what this organization is all about.”

Now, a member of the Reid coaching tree is directly under Kelly.
    Interesting Williams moved back to TEs coach where he was in 95-96. Duce finally getting to officially work with a position, but he has been guiding the RB since he got here.

As far as Shurmur goes, I'm sure Chip will lean on him for advice about being a coach in the NFL and take some concepts from the WC offense, but what we do here will still be Chip's offense and philosophy. Whatever he deems best for the personnel we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Don't really care who the OC is. I'm worried about DC. Hearing rumblings of switching to a 3-4. Hope that's true, but not sure if we have the proper personnel on the current roster. Excited to see where this goes.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    With Chip I'm not to worried about the OC as long as its not Marty. If we got a defensive coach then the OC would've matter a lot but we just need a solid guy who is good at working with the QB's and pass down Chips message

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Shurmur is ultimately going to be a QB coach/guy with NFL experience Chip Kelly can use for advice. I'm good with this.

vCash
    Any idea if the Eagles had any interest in Horton? I know the Browns singed him for DC but I'm curious if they won him from us or if we had no intention to even reach out to him. I really thought he was the ideal guy..

“Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

vCash
    I didn't really hear any rumors from Horton outside of Cleveland, so I don't think we had interest.

Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast