Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    ^^^^ yeah well its a xfer rule... but standard rule is 3 years out of HS....

read this....

Despite his success in college, Manziel said he was in no rush to enter the NFL draft, whose rules state that potential draftees must be at least three years out of high school in order to qualify. The Aggies quarterback first becomes eligible in time for the 2014 draft, after completing next season as a "redshirt" sophomore.

"I definitely don't feel like I can make a jump from high school…to go to the NFL," he said. "I feel like that situation will all play itself out and work out the way it is supposed to."

so there we go, I am wrong BDawk is right....wow thats a first.
    Um, never question me.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    Have we fired Marty yet I hate that guy. Kelly might be a big risk but I rather have Kelly than Marty calling the plays.
    His contract ran out.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Here's an article on Chip Kelly I suggest reading:

http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-...p-chip-hooray/

Lets go Knicks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Um, never question me.
    would of never guessed this would be your response!

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    EDIT - wrong thread

vCash
    as for DC, there are reports that Rod Marinelli (Bears DC) turned down an extension, is he the best 4-3 DC out there?
    i know the Bears was always a good D, was it him or Lovie? has he learned enough from lovie to stand on his own under a offensive HC?
    i think the Eagles should reach out to him and find the answers to these questions.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    ^^ indeed he did

I heard he was interested in Dallas job thought as DL coach did that become final or still just rumblings?

vCash
    ^^ indeed he did

I heard he was interested in Dallas job thought as DL coach did that become final or still just rumblings?
    Being reported that he accepted the job.

vCash
    yeah not gunna lie, Dallas major upgrade over their defense this year from a coaching stand point

vCash
    yeah not gunna lie, Dallas major upgrade over their defense this year from a coaching stand point
    They've said that same thing over and over again. "OMG, they just hired GARRET? Watch out for their offense!". "Wait....you mean? Rex Ryan's BROTHER? Oh we're ********ed!". Seems to happen constantly.

Monte Kiffen's defense sucked in the Pac 12. Our own coach, Chip Kelly, at Monte Kiffen's defense for lunch. Call me unimpressed.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    They've said that same thing over and over again. "OMG, they just hired GARRET? Watch out for their offense!". "Wait....you mean? Rex Ryan's BROTHER? Oh we're ********ed!". Seems to happen constantly.

Monte Kiffen's defense sucked in the Pac 12. Our own coach, Chip Kelly, at Monte Kiffen's defense for lunch. Call me unimpressed.
    Wonder if the Dallas fans are running around losing their minds discussing how they could switch to the 4-3 lol
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Wonder if the Dallas fans are running around losing their minds discussing how they could switch to the 4-3 lol
    I actually think the switch from 3-4 to 4-3 works a little better. I think the 4-3 is a little less specific in what it requires where as a 3-4 requires a very specific type of a skill set.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I actually think the switch from 3-4 to 4-3 works a little better. I think the 4-3 is a little less specific in what it requires where as a 3-4 requires a very specific type of a skill set.
    Dallas is going to have an easier transition to a 4-3 than the will to a cover 2. That'll be the bigger issue

But ware and spencer will become DEs. Ratliff will be a DT, lee and carter will be a SAM and MIKE

Easy transition for them imo

vCash
    Chip Kelly should not fear the Cowboys,as long as Jerry Jones is owner and Romo is the starting QB,they will be mediocre at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Dallas is going to have an easier transition to a 4-3 than the will to a cover 2. That'll be the bigger issue

But ware and spencer will become DEs. Ratliff will be a DT, lee and carter will be a SAM and MIKE

Easy transition for them imo
    Agreed fully. They've got man-cover DB's who are now going to have to play zone. I actually am not too worried.

Not that it's anything I wish for, but Kiffen's old. Very old. You have to wonder how long he's going to be there, anyways. Seems like they may do a lot of bouncing around defensively for the next few seasons.
    #WhyNot?

vCash

Report: Eagles Interviewing Herrmann For DC Job

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013...nn-for-dc-job/

There’s a new name in the mix for the Eagles’ defensive coordinator job: Jim Herrmann.

Herrmann, who has been the Giants’ linebackers coach for the past four seasons, is interviewing with Chip Kelly and company, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

He previously serves as the linebackers coach for the Jets (2006-2008) and has seven years of NFL experience.

Herrmann also has 20 years of college experience at his alma mater, Michigan. He was the Wolverines’ defensive coordinator from 1997 to 2005 and has experience with both the 4-3 and the 3-4.

“I think as a defensive coach for as long as I have been doing it – we ran the 4-3 in Michigan; ran the 3-4 at the Jets. So you are exposed to all of that,” he told the Giants’ Web site in 2009. “And you are always looking for ideas – what best suits your personnel.”

As Tim explained yesterday, the Eagles have also shown interest in Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham.

Kelly has not officially named any members to his staff yet, but according to reports, he’ll bring defensive line coach Jerry Azzinaro with him from Oregon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast