Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 172
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,968
    vCash
    1500

    Torii Hunter: Having gay teammate would be 'difficult'

    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/21474369/torii-hunter-having-gay-teammate-would-be-difficult

    Will try and quote article when I get to my computer.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    St. Simon's Island
    Posts
    6,660
    vCash
    1500
    ugh

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    7,908
    vCash
    1500
    How would it be difficult? unless Tori is also gay and would not be able to control his urge i see no way it would be difficult.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Aaannnddd hhheeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee we go.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    St. Simon's Island
    Posts
    6,660
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    How would it be difficult? unless Tori is also gay and would not be able to control his urge i see no way it would be difficult.
    it seems torii here is stuck in the 1950's.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    15,947
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    it seems torii here is stuck in the 1950's.
    I don't believe the 1950's was a fruitful time for African Americans in America

    And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,632
    vCash
    1500

    Torii Hunter: Having gay teammate would be 'difficult'

    Hahaha

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    68,854
    vCash
    1500
    I do not blame him for how he feels....It sucks but its his right. Its cool he admits it though because most wouldnt. Not just him but all around the league it would be a huge issue in any city

    What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    23,609
    vCash
    1500
    he most likely has had a few gay teammates,he just didnt know about it

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    St. Simon's Island
    Posts
    6,660
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I do not blame him for how he feels....It sucks but its his right. Its cool he admits it though because most wouldnt. Not just him but all around the league it would be a huge issue in any city
    Why do people just have images of all homosexuals being perverse rapists who will just come up behind you in the locker room and have their way with you? A person's sexuality is such a small, trivial part of their lives and should not hold any weight in someone's opinion of them.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,632
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I do not blame him for how he feels....It sucks but its his right. Its cool he admits it though because most wouldnt. Not just him but all around the league it would be a huge issue in any city
    Exactly

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,040
    vCash
    1500
    Am I the only one who sees a problem with Hunter, a black baseball player, saying another group would be difficult to accept into baseball?

    50 years ago we'd be saying "a black player would divide a team" or "blacks shouldn't be allowed into baseball". After all the progress we've made, it's just especially disappointing for Hunter, as a black player, to be saying this about another group.

    I'm very disappointed by Hunter.
    Last edited by Twitchy; 12-30-2012 at 05:42 PM.


    Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

    This sums up every sports interview, ever.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    St. Simon's Island
    Posts
    6,660
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Am I the only one who sees a problem with Hunter, a black baseball player, saying another group would be difficult to accept into baseball?

    50 years ago we'd be saying "a black player would divide a team" or "blacks shouldn't be allowed into baseball". After all the progress we've made, it's just especially disappointing for Hunter, as a black player, to be saying this about another group.
    You're definitely not the only one.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    68,854
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    Why do people just have images of all homosexuals being perverse rapists who will just come up behind you in the locker room and have their way with you? A person's sexuality is such a small, trivial part of their lives and should not hold any weight in someone's opinion of them.
    I do not disagree and it sucks that this is even an issue....If he feels that way who are we to tell him how to feel???? He is not saying he would burn the guy at the stake.

    What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    341
    vCash
    1500
    It wouldn't be any more difficult than having a gay friend or a gay co-worker, which most of us do. In other words, not at all. If there is a problem Torii, it begins and ends with you and your hang-ups.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •