Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WR Situation

vCash
    Reg doesn't seem like the type that will spend big on free agents, and the Raiders have bigger needs, like CB or OT, so I don't see big money on a WR. Moore, Streater and Criner are keepers,IMHO, so lets add a cheaper veteran WR to help the youngsters and see if they can step up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjunior559 View Post
    I agree that Jennings would obviously instantly make us better but how much would we have to spend for him? and would it be worth it with so many other necessities?..
    A number 1 WR especially a VEt who can teach moore, streater, criner, ford is much needed. DHB is gone we can use him 8 million else where. We will still have money to make other wheeler type signings. Jennings will cost imo the same DHB is getting paid 8 million a year. Raiders have holes everywhere so this is a necessity as well.

vCash
    think about it: Dwayne Bowe aint coming here. Bad character, too much. Mike Wallace? Too much, and we have speedy receivers. Greg Jennings has history with Reggie. I'm gonna be so pissed if he doesn't get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    think about it: Dwayne Bowe aint coming here. Bad character, too much. Mike Wallace? Too much, and we have speedy receivers. Greg Jennings has history with Reggie. I'm gonna be so pissed if he doesn't get him.
    yeah. bowe will want to much and is a diva. Wallace is just a speedster and we have our own guy like that in moore. Jennings is an all around guy. Deep threat but also the guy who can move the chains. Sign him to a 4 year deal with a smart contract where we can get rid of him after year 2 if he slows down to much. in the mean time he develops moore/streater/criner into good receivers. I left ford out because i want him to be more focused in being a dominant returner. He will have to take too much damage as a main WR and i think Jennings/moore/streater/criner/ford/hagan should be the order. Let ford have an impact primarily in a very important job, field position. Jennings and hagan will be our leaders and help the main three (moore/streater/criner) out a ton. DHB can give us that 8 million to sign jennings and leave. Hard worker but fargas was a hard worker too lol. There is a lot of hard working guys out there. That shouldn't be a bonus in a player it should be a priority to even have a roster spot(work ethic).

vCash
    Just cut the ones we got now

vCash
    A legitimate #1 receiver is going to improve the entire corps. The team is full of #2 & 3 wideouts. Assuming the running game is fixed with new OC and OL coach, a true #1 receiver will be a huge help to whomever is still here on week 1.
    PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW COACH OF YOUR OAKLAND RAIDERS.....

vCash
    Moore was disappointing this year. I dont like his body language,not sure if he is hurt or just not into it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mal22 View Post
    Just cut the ones we got now
    Then what? Have none?

Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    I think the biggest trait of a Number #1 receiver is someone that can get open and beat his one on one matchups consistently. We definitely DO NOT have that right now. We have some #2/#3/#4 WR's, but no true #1. We do have lots of other holes that need to be filled, but I don't think our First Rd pick can be used on a WR. Picking up someone like Greg Jennings would give us more of a #1 WR and he shouldn't break the bank.

Raiders4life

vCash
    Derek Hagan is a Free agent so lets start there ok?

Not sayin he wont resign, but hes NOT on the team anymore.

moore
    streeter
    criner
    ford
    dhb(if he isnt cut)

plave a FA at the top and maybe hagan at the bottom in place of a departed DHB.
    Jennings should be the guy.
    he could occupy DHBs salary cap space and we are set at reciever for the next 5 years.

vCash
    I do like Streater and I still like Morre as WR but Honestly the rest of them should be replaced. Just not if Ford is healthy lol
    Darth Raider Meets The Legendary Al Davis !!!

To All My Oakland Raider Nation Brothers Remember .. Never Argue With An Idiot , First They Start The Fight. Then Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Their Experience!

Oakland Raiders Fan For Life ~ GangsteRaider

vCash
    The more I think about it the more I think this is a huge need for us. I am all about picking up another good lineman, and any defense help we can find however a number 1 receiver changes the entire defense. They get the tough 3rd downs, sure hands, draw double teams and open up the run game and slot receivers. They may even make teams less likely to drop in zone coverage, we need this badly and have for a long time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Then what? Have none?

Havig 4 or 5 that can't catch is almost the same as having none. We're talking about Brandon freaking Myers being the leading receiver on this team, both in catches and yards. A man who had never caught more than 16 passes in a season before this year. Fullback Marcel Reece had the second most catches. That's not a functional passing game.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    I'm not sure that I'm sold on the "veteran receiver" theory. As mentioned before. DHB was close to being the receiver we needed in 2011. Moore needs to learn to catch the ball. Streater and hagan, should be fine too. Knapp had the knack of seriously holding back the players from being playmakers. I feel during the off season, these areas will be improved. We tried to bring in veteran receivers to help boost our offense in the past, that didn't work. We need to mold the players we have and fit them in the offense we develop.

vCash
    Jennings is coming to Oakland, book it. That will be RM's first call when FA opens up this offseason.

1. Jennings
    2. Streater
    3. Moore
    4. Ford
    5. Criner

This will the most cost efficient, as 4 of 5 would be on rookie contracts still. This will be the most talented WR group we have had since 2001. This is also the most realistic. I would be very surprised to see RM and DA use a draft pick on a WR when we have glaring needs on both lines, RB, and DB.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast