Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should the Raiders Consider Jacobs as a power back in 2013?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Bring in Jacobs

13 38.24%
  • No, we're set at runningback

3 8.82%
  • We need a power back, but can adress the position another way. If so, please explain yourself.

18 52.94%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Brandon Jacobs - A Power compliment to Dmac

I remember thinking Jacobs would be a good fit when Michael Bush departed for Chicago last season. Jacob's once again is a free agent. He created some headaches in San Francisco. He's a year older now, wasn't used much last season, and could have a fresh set of legs underneath him. Obviously, he wouldn't be used as an everydown back, but rather the thunder to McFadden's lightning. If we revert back to the Power Scheme that McFadden prefers, I wouldn't mid using Jacobs during goal line situations. Again, he's a possible free agent pickup, we wouldn't have to use a precious draft pick, and since he's aging, he won't break the bank. It's just an idea, and a highly unlikely scenario, but I wouldn't mind it if we bring over a veteran with championship experience, helping to shore up a weakness on a team without a true power back.
    Last edited by slvr&blck760; 01-01-2013 at 01:39 PM.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    This guy can be an absolute truck and huge asset to the running game. Problem is he lost some of his fire, I watch a lot of Giant games being local to them. His ego grew and is legs stopped driving. He has talent however I am not sure this is a attitude the staff is looking at investing money into.

vCash
    He is not a guy that RM and DA are looking for. He quits on his team, lacks leadership, and would be a cancer in our fragile locker room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    This guy can be an absolute truck and huge asset to the running game. Problem is he lost some of his fire, I watch a lot of Giant games being local to them. His ego grew and is legs stopped driving. He has talent however I am not sure this is a attitude the staff is looking at investing money into.
    Yeah brother, I hear what you're saying. I wouldn't want to be a defender trying to stop him 3 yards out from the goal line. He's been known to crack some skulls and do a bit of plowing. Again, i wouldn't use him as an everydown back, but rather as a short yardage back. It could get interesting mixing he and Terelle Pryor during certain situations. He grew angry in SF, partially because he was buried on the depth chart. Management wants football players, and Jacobs wants to be used. We need a little veteran leadership, and I think Jacobs would bring a lot of bang for the buck. Happy New Year (808)Style, hopefully the Raiders show vast improvement this season.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

vCash
    No, McKenzie needs to find one in the draft. I would rather see the Raiders take their chances with bringing Zack Crockett out of retirement than Jacobs. Watch the game film, he doesn't nearly as big as his size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    He is not a guy that RM and DA are looking for. He quits on his team, lacks leadership, and would be a cancer in our fragile locker room.
    I think he could be what RM and DA are looking for. He's has championship caliber experience, wants to play, and provides veteran leadership on a team lacking football players. The guy Played solid football in NY and was a key player in their championship run. There's nothing wrong with passion in football, its a character trait the Raiders don't display enough. The bottom line is Oakland needs a power runner on offense, they're overloaded with scat back options.

vCash
    He is a good player, However he is injury prone and can be a distraction when things aren't working well for him. A better option may be the one that we almost visited earlier in the season and a cheaper option would be Cedric Benson. Or we could find one in the draft as a F/A or late rounds. I just seen John Clay formerly of Wisconsin at the grocery store the other day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestlaker75 View Post
    He is a good player, However he is injury prone and can be a distraction when things aren't working well for him. A better option may be the one that we almost visited earlier in the season and a cheaper option would be Cedric Benson. Or we could find one in the draft as a F/A or late rounds. I just seen John Clay formerly of Wisconsin at the grocery store the other day.
    Cedric Benson is another possibility. Wasn't he seriously injured and placed on IR by the Packers this year? I really don't want to use a draft pick on another runningback. We need to reserve those precious picks for the holes on defense, and build a team based on the future. Benson is intriguing, but at what cost? Thanks for participating.

vCash
    this guy got kicked off the niners

nuff said

vCash
    Noo. He might be a big guy at 6'4. 250 or whatever and has some crushing highlights in his past but he's not what Oakland needs.. I've seen him play a lot as a giant living in jersey and all. He's and ******* and also a big bitxh. Very deceiving in his size. I would love to have Shonn Greene. Love how he runs and would be much better in a two back system. I believe he would come rather cheap with some dissapointing seasons

But I'd prefer not to spend money on a back and get one in a late round
    Last edited by NYRaiderLove; 01-01-2013 at 02:33 PM.

vCash
    We don't need yet another injury prone back. He had some good yrs in ny. But he is pretty much used up.

vCash
    You guys are all knowledgeable football fans but we need some paramters to work from.

This team is officially gutted.Under contract from the 53 man roster we have something like 30 players and some of whom are irrelevant like Parsons,Nix,Bilukidi,Crawford,and some 2nd and third string CBs and Lbers.

The point being anhy of those backups should be considered eligible for replacemnet ,so when we look at this team you should only see about 15-20 players that we want to see back, and some of those guys are making way more then they are worth.

Which brings me to parameters.
    we have 7 draft picks. two of which are 7th rounders.

I understand everyone has different Ideas who we should take and when but I dont see how we can address a position like back up RB in the draft when we have SO many holes.

We are going to need close to 30 FAs on the 53 man roster, and another 27 in camp for competition, so please guys, stop dissmissing anyone that someone brings up due to agem character,or drafting for the position. It doesnt make a lot of sense.

Brandon Jacobs won two superbowls if my memeory serves.
    what happened in SF has no bearing.

we should bring in jacobs, we should bring in Haynsworth, we should bring in Urlacher,TO,and trent Edwards if hes in shape.
    there are no Guarentees to make a roster spot, you have to earn one, so lets start right there and stop trying to Judge the effort or character of players from a bunch of gossip or he said she said reports.

If Jacobs stays in shape, comes in for a Vet min. tables the attitude and picks up short yardage, he can wear a pink tutu and pull tricks on Hollywood Blvd on his off time for all I care.
    I want to win Football games. and I want to do it NOW.
    Last edited by stephkyle7; 01-01-2013 at 02:47 PM.

vCash
    They need a good blocking fullback more, Reece is not a good blocker.
    I don't know if Jacobs is the answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    They need a good blocking fullback more, Reece is not a good blocker.
    I don't know if Jacobs is the answer.
    We just released The "Runaway Beer Truck" from the FB position. He was one hell of a blocker.

vCash
    It wasn't my decision. I don't know what they're thinking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast