Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WR Situation

vCash

WR Situation

So looking at our WR situation going into 2013 we have Denarius Moore, DHB, Derek Hagan, Rod Streater, Jacoby Ford, and Juron Criner. Who do you think becomes our starters come Week 1. I am hoping for a starting lineup of:

1.) Denarius Moore
    2.) Rod Streater
    3.) Jacoby Ford in the slot ( if he can stay healthy)
    4.) Derek Hagan

I don't want to waste any money on a free agent like Jennings or Wallace because we have so many other glaring holes to fill, and I think those two will end up being over paid after a bidding war.

Criner didn't impress me much outside of the preseason, and DHB catches everything with his body never with his hands. If we cut DHB what is the cap hit? Is his salary guaranteed? If not hopefully we can get him to restructure because I do like his speed so we can run something end arounds, or trick plays for him, but would rather see him cut. I would like to hear everyones thoughts on who you think should start, who we go after in free agency??

vCash
    Streater is better then Moore and will emerge as our number one which isn't saying much. With the money we save from letting DHB walk, we can get a vet, and Reggie will find another in the draft

vCash
    We have needed a number 1 for a long long time. Having a big play receiver changes the defense up a ton

vCash
    Hagan is an example of poor depth, when a team has a Hagan receiving significant playing time, its very telling of the men playing in front of him.

vCash
    The fact that we got most of our production from our TE tells me that our WR corp will look like this...

1.) Streater
    2.) Moore
    3.) New player
    4.) New player
    5.) Hagan
    6.) Criner
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Hagen is a good receiver. He's not Dez Bryant or megatron but he has good hands. I wouldn't mind Hagen back for depth.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Hagan is an example of poor depth, when a team has a Hagan receiving significant playing time, its very telling of the men playing in front of him.
    I have to disagree. Although we don't have a true #1 receiver we do have alot of quality #2's. As far as Hagan goes I am not sure why he doesn't get more playing time I have rarely if ever seen him drop a pass. He catches everything that comes his way(which isn't very often). I don't really recall paying alot of attention to his route running though, so maybe that isn't his strong suit? Besides that he is a solid, reliable, quality #4 WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Hagen is a good receiver. He's not Dez Bryant or megatron but he has good hands. I wouldn't mind Hagen back for depth.
    Yep totally agree, would like to see him get some more opportunity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    So looking at our WR situation going into 2013 we have Denarius Moore, DHB, Derek Hagan, Rod Streater, Jacoby Ford, and Juron Criner. Who do you think becomes our starters come Week 1. I am hoping for a starting lineup of:

1.) Denarius Moore
    2.) Rod Streater
    3.) Jacoby Ford in the slot ( if he can stay healthy)
    4.) Derek Hagan

I don't want to waste any money on a free agent like Jennings or Wallace because we have so many other glaring holes to fill, and I think those two will end up being over paid after a bidding war.

Criner didn't impress me much outside of the preseason, and DHB catches everything with his body never with his hands. If we cut DHB what is the cap hit? Is his salary guaranteed? If not hopefully we can get him to restructure because I do like his speed so we can run something end arounds, or trick plays for him, but would rather see him cut. I would like to hear everyones thoughts on who you think should start, who we go after in free agency??
    waste money? are you kidding me? that $$ will be well spent these receivers need a vet to teach em' how it's done. I'd pay Greg Jennings because he wont cost as much coming off injury.

why do you think the receivers have struggled? a lot of it has to do with no vet receiver. it's be a very wise investment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    The fact that we got most of our production from our TE tells me that our WR corp will look like this...

1.) Streater
    2.) Moore
    3.) New player
    4.) New player
    5.) Hagan
    6.) Criner
    Kinda what I was thinking. With all the dropped passes we dont have a WR 1 in the group period. I was thinking more like:

1.) FA
    2.) FA
    3.) Moore
    4.) Possibly Ford or draft pick
    5.) draft pick
    6.) Criner

Not excited about anyone on the roster this season, the only reason I left Ford in there was because we havent seen him play a full season yet. However, another injury season from him and DHB should be enough to send them both to the JETS with Schillens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    waste money? are you kidding me? that $$ will be well spent these receivers need a vet to teach em' how it's done. I'd pay Greg Jennings because he wont cost as much coming off injury.

why do you think the receivers have struggled? a lot of it has to do with no vet receiver. it's be a very wise investment.
    If we didn't have so many issues elsewhere I would love Jennings I really like him. I just think with all the needs on Defense, and Offensive Line we need to be spending all our available cap space in those areas. I don't think we have a true #1 but we have some quality guys and are better off at WR then defense where we have been running out a squad half made up of practice squad players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    Kinda what I was thinking. With all the dropped passes we dont have a WR 1 in the group period. I was thinking more like:

1.) FA
    2.) FA
    3.) Moore
    4.) Possibly Ford or draft pick
    5.) draft pick
    6.) Criner

Not excited about anyone on the roster this season, the only reason I left Ford in there was because we havent seen him play a full season yet. However, another injury season from him and DHB should be enough to send them both to the JETS with Schillens.
    What about Streater??? I think he is the long term solution as our #2 guy.

vCash
    i agree that jennings would help..hed open things up too...

vCash
    What about Streater??? I think he is the long term solution as our #2 guy.
    AGREE...that kid too me has the signs being really good

vCash
    If we didn't have so many issues elsewhere I would love Jennings I really like him. I just think with all the needs on Defense, and Offensive Line we need to be spending all our available cap space in those areas. I don't think we have a true #1 but we have some quality guys and are better off at WR then defense where we have been running out a squad half made up of practice squad players.
    WR is a need. scoring wins you games. The Raiders need a vet receiver. BADLY.

Raiders will look towards the draft to mkake a splash defensively. Maybe one or two guys in FA are signed but nothing huge. Jennings can be signed here without a lot of $ guaranteed. I still think they can make their biggest signing defensively while still getting Jennings.

going forward with these receivers would be such a huge mistake.
    Last edited by chucklemethis; 12-31-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast