Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 1063
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,851
    vCash
    1620
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    UK only though.

    We are rumored to have an edition that comes in a suitcase, but I can't find it any place for pre order.
    http://www.amazon.com/Island-Riptide...d+rigor+mortis

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    26,371
    vCash
    1500
    So having a blast with Far Cry 3, this game can be crazy at times.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,159
    vCash
    1500
    The Dead Space 3 Demo

    So the video that was posted earlier is a little misleading. The automatic weapons you see are not the standard guns. Those are guns you actually get to craft by finding different scrap metal parts. When you get to a work bench you get to upgrade your normal Dead Space weapons. In addition you get to craft these new weapons.

    The humans you saw, at least in the demo turn into necromoprhs once you kill them and then you have to kill them again when they transform. Later on you find out that these necromorph heads jump into bodies and take control of the bodies.

    A few things that may rub some people the wrong way.

    1. The demo has you outside in the snow for 95 percent of it.

    2. It is more 3rd person shooter based. You can crouch and do a dodge roll.

    3. In the demo there was a lot of action and hardly any suspense.
    Last edited by metsbulls1025; 01-16-2013 at 09:01 PM.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,636
    vCash
    1461
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    The Dead Space 3 Demo

    So the video that was posted earlier is a little misleading. The automatic weapons you see are not the standard guns. Those are guns you actually get to craft by finding different scrap metal parts. When you get to a work bench you get to upgrade your normal Dead Space weapons. In addition you get to craft these new weapons.

    The humans you saw, at least in the demo turn into necromoprhs once you kill them and then you have to kill them again when they transform. Later on you find out that these necromorph heads jump into bodies and take control of the bodies.

    A few things that may rub some people the wrong way.

    1. The demo has you outside in the snow for 95 percent of it.

    2. It is more 3rd person shooter based. You can crouch and do a dodge roll.

    3. In the demo there was a lot of action and hardly any suspense.
    This sounds horrible. How easy is it to control Isaac, would you say? Does he movement still feel heavy and somewhat tank like, or does it move more like Uncharted?

    This sounds awful.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    This sounds horrible. How easy is it to control Isaac, would you say? Does he movement still feel heavy and somewhat tank like, or does it move more like Uncharted?

    This sounds awful.
    1. Even though you are outside for most of the demo I think they do it because it is different and they want to show off the graphics because the game looks really nice. After the demo they show a quick trailer at the end that cuts away fast from new footage and all of that footage is from levels in side buildings and it looks just like a Dead Space game.

    2. I played it on the Xbox 360 and it felt fine. It has been a while since I played Dead Space 1 and I never played 2, but I think they changed the controls a bit.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    27,500
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    The Dead Space 3 Demo

    So the video that was posted earlier is a little misleading. The automatic weapons you see are not the standard guns. Those are guns you actually get to craft by finding different scrap metal parts. When you get to a work bench you get to upgrade your normal Dead Space weapons. In addition you get to craft these new weapons.

    The humans you saw, at least in the demo turn into necromoprhs once you kill them and then you have to kill them again when they transform. Later on you find out that these necromorph heads jump into bodies and take control of the bodies.

    A few things that may rub some people the wrong way.

    1. The demo has you outside in the snow for 95 percent of it.

    2. It is more 3rd person shooter based. You can crouch and do a dodge roll.

    3. In the demo there was a lot of action and hardly any suspense.

    Thanks for this, but yeeeeeesh.

    Some of it confirms my fears.

    Large outdoor environments in a series that built itself upon great atmosphere accompanied by claustrophobic-like sequences??

    Yikes

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,410
    vCash
    1500
    Didn't think Uncharted 3 multiplayer would be this fun.
    Philadelphia Phillies
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia Sixers
    Philadelphia Flyers

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    26,371
    vCash
    1500
    Sounds like I'm going to wait until the reviews for Dead Space 3 to come in. I normally don't buy games at full price unless it's a series that I really like (Bioshock, Fallout, for instance) or if they get like 9/10 on the board.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,636
    vCash
    1461
    I'll buy Dead Space when it comes out because i love the series. I liked RE5 when a lot of people didn't, so heres to hoping Dead Space 3 doesn't let me down.

    That said, i am prepared for the worst. Things aren't sounding good.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,636
    vCash
    1461
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadStBullies View Post
    Didn't think Uncharted 3 multiplayer would be this fun.
    A lot of people are wicked into that. I think i was just playing other online games at the time so i never gave it a fair shake.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,851
    vCash
    1620
    First trailer for Killer is Dead, the new game from Suda51(creator of killer7, No More Heroes, Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw). Looks pretty sweet. Probably the most badass trailer I've seen in a while.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXAejVR9PSQ
    Last edited by chicagocubsfan; 01-17-2013 at 11:57 PM.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,410
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    A lot of people are wicked into that. I think i was just playing other online games at the time so i never gave it a fair shake.
    Yeah, I've seen people with over 100,000 kills...crazy. It's actually pretty fun once you get the hang of it. The maps are great too, imo.
    Philadelphia Phillies
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia Sixers
    Philadelphia Flyers

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,636
    vCash
    1461
    What is your psn id? maybe i'll give it a go one of these days. I actually still have uncharted 3.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,410
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    What is your psn id? maybe i'll give it a go one of these days. I actually still have uncharted 3.
    phillysixers1129

    I'm not playing Uncharted 3 for awhile though, just got Black Ops 2 yesterday.
    Philadelphia Phillies
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia Sixers
    Philadelphia Flyers

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    26,371
    vCash
    1500
    I came across this list of Top 100 Games of All-Time and it looks, well, interesting:

    http://gamewise.co/games/top-rated

Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •