Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I noticed a large amount of games that I need to pick up in the first Half of the year.
    I want to get Ni no Kuni, Bioshock Infinite, Stick of Truth and Last of Us off the top of my head. Too much.

vCash
    Tiny Tina became my favorite NPC with that line. "she's my main squeeze"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    I agree there definitely is fan service in many jRPG's today. Thats one of the ruts it's stuck into. Many of the characters often follow boring predictable stereotypes. I like most of the art style but that is personal preference. I'd recommend SMT: Nocturne as well (A PS2 jRPG). I recommend that to everyone I know who likes wRPGs and wants a RPG that doesn't have the anime art style and is very challenging. Some people here who've tried it have liked it.

wRPG's are in a similar rut IMO with the "standard" fantasy setting. When you have a standard for something that isn't reality you got problems. The Witcher 2 has been the saving grace of wRPGs recently, though.

This generation in general has been iffy on single player RPG's. Bioware has turned to **** and games like Skyrim bore me quickly. Most RPG's have turned into Action games with RPG elements.

Will have to see about SMT since I don't own a ps2.

Oh the west has it's problems and fantasy RPG's in particular. I think I have a higher tolerance for western fantasy, but honestly most newer stuff is just not that interesting. But I think the wRPG scene did at least try to change it up a bit with games like MassEffect, Fallout 3, Deus Ex: HR. I know they wade a bit close to normal Action games but I quite like it for the most part.

Overall gaming seems to be in a rut.... The big developers and publishers just play it safe and churn out masses of 3rd person shooters and related games. The Indie scene makes some interesting stuff, but overall there is just not much that pushes the envelope in gaming. They are more concerened with creating and finding ways to monetize the games instead of providing new and interesting scenarios and/or gameplay.

vCash
    Holy **** did Nintendo drop some announcements today. Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, Wind Waker HD, a new Xenoblade, Yoshis Island Wii U, New Zelda + Super Smash and Mario Kart being shown E3. Holy crap! http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/01/23...lda-mario-more

vCash
    They also announced a new Mario game in 3D. The same people who made Galaxy are doing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    btw i'm downloading the Dead Space demo right now. I'll let you all know what i think.
    I played the demo last night and I thought it was decent. The atmosphere wasn't as scary as I would have liked, but overall I enjoyed it. Im probably gonna pick it up later as I plan on picking up Metal Gear Rising and Rayman Legends later that month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Militia View Post
    I played the demo last night and I thought it was decent. The atmosphere wasn't as scary as I would have liked, but overall I enjoyed it. Im probably gonna pick it up later as I plan on picking up Metal Gear Rising and Rayman Legends later that month.
    I have faith. The demo was just a taste. Seemed like Dead Space to me.

vCash
    I had a few bucks left on my PSN walloy and decided to get Psyconauts, finally get to play this game

vCash
    Just found out the Psyconaut port is awful for psn and the audio doesn't sync with the characters speaking.
    This would happen to me

vCash

vCash
    That ain't funny.
    You should send me money to my PSN wallot.

vCash
    Just preordered Tomb Raider Collector's Edition, God of War: Ascension Collector's Edition, Gears of War: Judgement, and Metal Gear: Rising today. Time to start saving now lol

vCash
    If anyone plans to get the 160 dollar version of The Last of Us you better hurry. It is only a GameStop exclusive collectors edition and it is already sold out online. You have to go in and pre order.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Militia View Post
    Just preordered Tomb Raider Collector's Edition, God of War: Ascension Collector's Edition, Gears of War: Judgement, and Metal Gear: Rising today. Time to start saving now lol
    I am getting Tomb Raider Collectors Edition, Bioshock Infinite Song Bird Edition, The Last of Us Pandemic Edition, and Gears of War Judgement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    That ain't funny.
    You should send me money to my PSN wallot.
    lol I had a few extra bucks on there that i ended up spending on NiGHTS into Dreams. Some great deals on there this week, especially for playstation plus.

Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast