Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Depth of the NFC

Has a conference ever been so deep? I mean you look at the AFC and there are some REALLY bad teams. The depth is all in the top 3-4 teams. In the NFC, the Eagles are honestly the only team i have 99% confidence and saying won't make the playoffs this year (who knows with the right coach and a good draft they could be right back in it next year)

Look at the NFC's non-playoff teams
    The Lions were a playoff team a year ago and just need a better back 7.
    Bears are playoff-caliber and just choked
    The Rams took a big step forward and they have all the picks from RG3. Cardinals started off great and could be good with a nice QB.
    Tampa looked like a playoff team midway through the season.
    The Saints will have Peyton back.
    Panthers could have easily been a playoff team this year with better late game play call.
    Cowboys will be healthier
    Giants won't have to deal with the toughest schedule in the league

NFC will be really fun next year. so deep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Has a conference ever been so deep? I mean you look at the AFC and there are some REALLY bad teams. The depth is all in the top 3-4 teams. In the NFC, the Eagles are honestly the only team i have 99% confidence and saying won't make the playoffs this year (who knows with the right coach and a good draft they could be right back in it next year)

Look at the NFC's non-playoff teams
    The Lions were a playoff team a year ago and just need a better back 7.
    Bears are playoff-caliber and just choked
    The Rams took a big step forward and they have all the picks from RG3. Cardinals started off great and could be good with a nice QB.
    Tampa looked like a playoff team midway through the season.
    The Saints will have Peyton back.
    Panthers could have easily been a playoff team this year with better late game play call.
    Cowboys will be healthier
    Giants won't have to deal with the toughest schedule in the league

NFC will be really fun next year. so deep
    I would NOT count Philli out. They quit on Reid. A new coach, and the players start playing, they can make it. They have PLENTY of talent. If they actually show up to play.

And I'm thinking with a new coach, some of those players will be playing for their jobs on top of it.

Hell, a new coach, they might even have a running game.

Yea, don't automatically count them out just yet.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    It has been so deep before, yes. I love being in the NFC. But the AFC is on the rise with Denver, Cincy, and Oakland coming up I predict over the next 3-5 years.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    I don't whether I'd say its deeper than the AFC or there is just more parity. No offense to Houston fans but New England and Denver seem to be quite a bit better than the rest of the playoff teams, whereas it seems like a toss-up in the NFC, or maybe its just me.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    I don't think there are any elite teams in the nfc. But, that has made it more balanced overall which is a good thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    I don't think there are any elite teams in the nfc. But, that has made it more balanced overall which is a good thing.
    I definitely think San Fran is elite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagoj View Post
    i don't think there are any elite teams in the nfc. But, that has made it more balanced overall which is a good thing.
    gb?
    \

vCash
    Giants are elite when they flip the switch.

PSD's Aaron Dropson

vCash
    In terms of inter-conference play, it was the most lopsided since the AFC's dominance in 2006.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    It has been so deep before, yes. I love being in the NFC. But the AFC is on the rise with Denver, Cincy, and Oakland coming up I predict over the next 3-5 years.
    Oakland...
    And Denver after Peyton...

Two teams that don't have true franchise QB's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenred View Post
    Oakland...
    And Denver after Peyton...

Two teams that don't have true franchise QB's
    how dare you! we have the wizard of OSweiler! Brock-O the Bronco! Football's own twilight vampire look alike!!! lol but for real Elway thought very highly of brock coming out. he was just extremely raw and needed time to refine mechanics but with manning there is no pressure to start. not saying he is going to be great, but not certain he cant be a franchise qb for us either. we saw what happened with the qbs behind peyton before (painter and orlovsky) but it could also turn out very different for Osweiler. He is sure to be getting plenty of quality time with our qb coach since peyton doesnt really need too much work with adam gase haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    how dare you! we have the wizard of OSweiler! Brock-O the Bronco! Football's own twilight vampire look alike!!! lol but for real Elway thought very highly of brock coming out. he was just extremely raw and needed time to refine mechanics but with manning there is no pressure to start. not saying he is going to be great, but not certain he cant be a franchise qb for us either. we saw what happened with the qbs behind peyton before (painter and orlovsky) but it could also turn out very different for Osweiler. He is sure to be getting plenty of quality time with our qb coach since peyton doesnt really need too much work with adam gase haha
    Well obviously he hasn't proven anything yet and that's why I bring that up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenred View Post
    Well obviously he hasn't proven anything yet and that's why I bring that up.
    ok i was just saying cant assume we dont have our future franchise qb on the roster already

vCash
    AFC feels weak because PIT and BALT underperformed this year. But I definitely see Cincy being a real threat soon, along with Indy and even KC (which could easily be a 10-6 team with any kind of decent QB).

vCash
    The depth of the NFC is incredible. Gotta love it. From each division you can name at least 3 teams that would look good in the playoffs. Giants, 'Skins, Cowboys, Atlanta, Saints (With Payton), maybe TB, the whole NFC North, SanFran, Seahawks and even the rams which Im loving lately! Its really competitive.

With that said, you just have to agree that the Superbowl runs through the AFC. I mean, there is no team that I can think that I can truly say that will beat either the Manning-led Broncos or the Brady-led Patriots. 49ers, Packers or Seahawks will give 'em a fight, but one of those two will win in the end.

I got the Patriots winning the SB over San Francisco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast