Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 133
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    139
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    except that RG3 is a much better passer than Newton or Vick.... I don't get your point at all.

    Their styles are only similar in the fact that he is fast and can run, that is really it. Actually there is no logic in your argument at all.
    I guess we can just agree to disagree here, no biggie.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    A place called Paradise
    Posts
    13,598
    vCash
    1500
    Im not disagreeing I am saying you are wrong (well maybe).

    If you are saying he won't last longterm because of possible health issues than you have a case to make

    but if you are arguing that his actual play on the field (as it he will start to do bad) won't last because he plays like he does, that than is just straight ********.
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,794
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    RG3 is faster, more accurate, and a better decision maker as of now. Newton is bigger than RG3 that is about it
    Newton is a better pocket passer and I prefer his running style much more. Because of his size he's far less likely to get injured and owns at the goal line. RGIII is definitely more accurate but he also had the 5th highest percentage of checkdowns/dumpoffs of any QB in the NFL....which inflates that number a bit.

    Worse than his standard statistics made him look: Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins
    Griffin led the league in yards per pass with a higher completion rate and half as many interceptions as Wilson, which may have you wondering how on earth Wilson finished higher in our rankings. Strength of schedule is part of it. Wilson had to endure the brutal NFC West defenses, while Griffin's schedule was somewhat easier than average. Without opponent adjustments, Griffin's DVOA was five points higher than Wilson's; with them, it was three points lower. Also, Griffin's yardage total was skewed by a small number of very big plays. Many of his completions were actually dink-and-dunk plays. All told, 27 percent of his completions failed to gain meaningful yardage toward a new set of downs. Of the 27 quarterbacks with at least 200 completions, only Jay Cutler, Weeden and Christian Ponder had a higher share of dump-offs and checkdowns.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 01-01-2013 at 08:20 PM.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    A place called Paradise
    Posts
    13,598
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Newton is a better pocket passer and I prefer his running style much more. Because of his size he's far less likely to get injured and owns at the goal line. RGIII is definitely more accurate but he also had the 5th highest percentage of checkdowns/dumpoffs of any QB in the NFL....which inflates that number a bit.
    Newton is not a better pocket passer, or not yet. Honestly put up some evidence for that, because everything from ints, to rating to accuracy says he is not.

    RG3 was very good on throws over 20 yards at some point late in the season he had the highest rating on throws over 20 yards (that went 20+ through the air)
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    A place called Paradise
    Posts
    13,598
    vCash
    1500
    Something has to give though. He had the lowest int% in the league. He gained yards it wasn't like the offense was stagnant. Couldn't you attribute it to being a very good decision maker?

    He could be a very good decision maker, where yes he checks down a lot and is still very productive, but yes that could be why his comp% is very good.
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    139
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    Im not disagreeing I am saying you are wrong (well maybe).

    If you are saying he won't last longterm because of possible health issues than you have a case to make

    but if you are arguing that his actual play on the field (as it he will start to do bad) won't last because he plays like he does, that than is just straight ********.
    Not even on the same page. Oh well, moving on. Don't feel like playing the whole back & forth game. Guess we'll have to wait & see.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    A place called Paradise
    Posts
    13,598
    vCash
    1500
    Redskins will win
    The Redskins will beat the Cowboys Sunday night and win the NFC East because RG III is their quarterback.

    Griffin is the total package – he can run and throw deep, but the most frustrating thing for defenses might be how accurate he is. He has over- or underthrown only 13.9 percent of his receivers this year (3rd in NFL) and averages an interception once every 75 pass attempts (2nd in NFL).

    Robert Griffin III
    Passing More Than 20 Yards Downfield
    1st 6 Gms Last 8 Gms
    Comp pct 30.0 59.1<
    Yds per att 12.3 20.5<
    TD-Int 1-0 6-0<
    Success Rate 46.2 60.9<
    >Leads NFL
    Griffin’s accuracy is even more impressive given his success with the deep ball this season.

    Griffin has a league-best 99.9 Total QBR and has completed 50.0 percent of his passes on throws more than 20 yards downfield, the highest percentage in the league among qualified quarterbacks.
    Via ESPN as well
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,794
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    Something has to give though. He had the lowest int% in the league. He gained yards it wasn't like the offense was stagnant. Couldn't you attribute it to being a very good decision maker?

    He could be a very good decision maker, where yes he checks down a lot and is still very productive, but yes that could be why his comp% is very good.
    RGIII's % of attempts over 20 yards was the 2nd lowest in the league behind only Christian Ponder. Throwing short and checking down that often, you shouldn't be throwing a lot of interceptions and you should have a high completion percentage.

    Combine that with RGIII having one of the lowest yards in the air %, and the fact of the matter is they are running a dump off/short passing offense and his receivers are doing most of the work with YAC. RGIII's best asset at this point in his dynamic running ability as he is a 1 read and run guy at this point.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fort Dodge, Iowa
    Posts
    664
    vCash
    1500
    I think he will be just like every other mobile QB. He will win a bunch of games with his raw talent but will lose just as many between time missed and defenses starting to scheme for him. Alfred Morris was huge for the Skins this year and he was a large part of RGIII's success.
    In the end he will be good and sometimes great but not a HOFer and not a Super Bowl winner (unless he can do it this year as I think this will actually be their best chance)
    Last edited by chris34; 01-07-2013 at 07:03 PM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,300
    vCash
    1500
    To me he's Michael Vick minus some agility, plus a lot of throwing accuracy, plus a head that's screwed on straight. People who think he's going to get "figured out" don't realize that's he's coached by one of the greatest offensive minds of our time. Can't name a black QB who's possible ceiling was higher than RG3s, he's got too many tools, it will be extremely interesting to see how he develops as a QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatTeam View Post
    If Lebron can stretch out his arm from half court and dunk on a buzzer beater to beat the monSTARS and save planet Earth from annihilation and forced slavery with Bill Murray and Newman from Seinfeld as his teammates, then he will be considered the GOAT.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,657
    vCash
    1500
    Papipapsmanny's recent post is the best post in this thread.

    RG3 literally attacks every single spot on the field. Short, medium, long, and can run.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    379
    vCash
    1500
    he's vick but a better passer, i don't know if he could get better from here on so i think he has reach his potential

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,616
    vCash
    135000
    Once he loses his legs from running all the time it will be downhill.. QB's can't get beat up like that and last long in this league. Vicks best thing was for him to be out of the league for a few years to let his body heal.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,028
    vCash
    1500
    RG3= Better/Smarter Michael Vick

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    114
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    RGIII's % of attempts over 20 yards was the 2nd lowest in the league behind only Christian Ponder. Throwing short and checking down that often, you shouldn't be throwing a lot of interceptions and you should have a high completion percentage.

    Combine that with RGIII having one of the lowest yards in the air %, and the fact of the matter is they are running a dump off/short passing offense and his receivers are doing most of the work with YAC. RGIII's best asset at this point in his dynamic running ability as he is a 1 read and run guy at this point.
    I thinks its pretty cool he lead his team into the playoffs. Not sure why he's in the pro bowl if all he can do is just run.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •