Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Nothing, and I repeat nothing needs to be done for at least 2 years. That means the 2013 season and the 2014 season. RG3 is on the books for about $6 mil a year and Cousins is on the books for under $1 mil!

That is, one QB that appears to be a franchise QB and a back-up that appears competent. If RG3 is as tender as you believe, 2 more years will paint a better picture and if he is ready for the rigors of the NFL game you will know in 2 years and it will give a couple years to showcase Cousins some if you expect to trade him.

No rush...and a great problem to have.

vCash
    RG3 can have a fine career, if he'll alter his play-style. He's not built like Cam Newton, so no one can expect him to take hits like Cam Newton. I don't think RG3 is as good of a passer as people believe, because he's in a very QB friendly system. But he can still use his athleticism to escape the pocket and buy more time, but he can't keep running these types of plays if he wants to stay healthy.

Also, someone mentioned HBs that are RG3's size taking hits. HBs are conditioned differently than QBs. Even scrambling QBs are trained similarly to pocket QBs, whereas HBs are used to running and taking consistent hits, even in practices.

vCash
    amazing talent but he will never stay healthy as a running qb

vCash
    He'll likely start to run less and be more careful when he does. He has the passing ability to develop more into the style of big Ben or Rodgers where he can be comfortable and effective in the pocket but can get out of the pocket to extend the play or run. He's going to be fine.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Better than most at QB

vCash
    Do any of these style QB's have long term success...not really. Last year everybody was all over Cam Newton like he was going to "change the game". These guys never last long term, just ask M. Vick. He needs to put on some weight as well, his legs look like they could snap like toothpicks. I wish him luck, even though I'm a Cowboy fan, but this style never last past a couple of seasons.

vCash
    I'm not worried about his runs. He actually is very good about getting out of bands, taking hits the right way etc. The Ngata hit was fluke. He's in a sub-two-minute situation trying to win a game for his team so he cuts back toward the middle, was in the process of getting down and his leg got hung out to dry. I'm sure now he'll just keep cruising out of bounds and live to fight another down. I just want to see the Skins get an o-line that is built for a pocket passer. As of now our line is built to shift and move, not so good at straight up pass blocking without some PA, or zone option to freeze the defense. If that happens, he'll be able to set up and throw from the pocket more without pressure right in his face like he gets now on straight up, drop back, pass plays.

TL;DR
    We need an o-line built for pocket passing, then you'll see more of a traditional offense with some zone read sprinkled in.

vCash
    lots of talent.. teams will figure him out soon.

running as much as he does will shorten his career

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboys1797 View Post
    Do any of these style QB's have long term success...not really. Last year everybody was all over Cam Newton like he was going to "change the game". These guys never last long term, just ask M. Vick. He needs to put on some weight as well, his legs look like they could snap like toothpicks. I wish him luck, even though I'm a Cowboy fan, but this style never last past a couple of seasons.
    do you even look at his passing numbers

So he is fast, that means he must be like Newton and Vick... right
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    do you even look at his passing numbers

So he is fast, that means he must be like Newton and Vick... right
    Never said he was fast my friend, but his playing style is similar to that of Vick & Newton. Don't need to look at stats for that.

vCash
    Newton is better and has better long term potential.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Yeah, RGIII isn't fast. Wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcribbin View Post
    Yeah, RGIII isn't fast. Wow.
    Not sure if this is intended for me, but if it is your missing my point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboys1797 View Post
    Never said he was fast my friend, but his playing style is similar to that of Vick & Newton. Don't need to look at stats for that.
    except that RG3 is a much better passer than Newton or Vick.... I don't get your point at all.

Their styles are only similar in the fact that he is fast and can run, that is really it. Actually there is no logic in your argument at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Newton is better and has better long term potential.
    RG3 is faster, more accurate, and a better decision maker as of now. Newton is bigger than RG3 that is about it

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast